User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Repentance is given by the Saviour !

Thanks
    Thanked 9,962 Times in 6,974 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    As it is with Gospel Faith, so it is with Gospel Repentance, its not of man, but the Gift of the Saviour. Jesus told His sent Messengers that Repentance and Remission of sins are to be preached in His Name Lk 24:46-47
    Oh, shut up. Life is a gift of the savior to all who believe. Whosever call up on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Thanks
    Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,925 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    Oh, shut up. Life is a gift of the savior to all who believe. Whosever call up on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    Do you want to discuss the OP ?
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you want to discuss the OP ?
    I want to discuss the OP. Lets begin with you:

Define repentance and give an account of the operation of repentance in you.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As stated, repentance is a Gift from the Saviour. Now to be more specific, how is it applied to them its given to as a Gift, namely Gods Elect ? Peter tells us here 1 Pet 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

All for whom Christ died, by His Resurrection from the Dead, they shall be begotten again ! These words begotten again are in the greek
    anagennaˇ and means:

I beget again, beget into a new life.

to produce again, beget again, beget anew; metaphorically: τινα, thoroughly to change the mind of one, so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

Notice that it changes the mind of one, this being begotten again. Now what is repentance ? Its the greek word
    metanoia and means:

repentance, a change of mind, change in the inner man.

So this repentance that is given by and through the resurrection of Christ, being begotten again, effects a change of mind, which what primarily what repentance entails. It gives also change in the inner man.

And so repentance is confirmed to be the Gift of Christ through His resurrection from the dead, and its given to all for whom He died as their Saviour !

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As it is with Gospel Faith, so it is with Gospel Repentance, its not of man, but the Gift of the Saviour. Jesus told His sent Messengers that Repentance and Remission of sins are to be preached in His Name Lk 24:46-47

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
    47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

That they should be preached in His Name means they are products , effects of His Person and Work, His suffering and death and resurrection.

He was raised from the dead a Prince and a Saviour in order to give repentance and remission of sins Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

The word give[ didˇmi ] here means to bestow as a Gift

Its a word that denotes causative results, it means to bring forth, for instance how the word is used here Matt 13:8

8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

James 5:18

And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.

So Christ as a Risen Saviour brings about and effects repentance upon them Hes a Saviour unto, those He suffered and died for, mainly the Elect of God amongst all Nations !

Christ isnt ones Saviour if He doesnt give them Repentance !
    God certainly gives us plenty of reasons to repent, but as Acts 2:38 states plainly, it is up to us to do the actual repenting
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    God certainly gives us plenty of reasons to repent, but as Acts 2:38 states plainly, it is up to us to do the actual repenting
    Rabbit trail

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Charles Spurgeon !

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rabbit trail

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app
    Define repentance and give an account of the operation of repentance in you.

Now we'll see your tail disappear into the hole...
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As stated, repentance is a Gift from the Saviour. Now to be more specific, how is it applied to them its given to as a Gift, namely Gods Elect ? Peter tells us here 1 Pet 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

All for whom Christ died, by His Resurrection from the Dead, they shall be begotten again ! These words begotten again are in the greek
    anagennaˇ and means:

I beget again, beget into a new life.

to produce again, beget again, beget anew; metaphorically: τινα, thoroughly to change the mind of one, so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

Notice that it changes the mind of one, this being begotten again. Now what is repentance ? Its the greek word
    metanoia and means:

repentance, a change of mind, change in the inner man.

So this repentance that is given by and through the resurrection of Christ, being begotten again, effects a change of mind, which what primarily what repentance entails. It gives also change in the inner man.

And so repentance is confirmed to be the Gift of Christ through His resurrection from the dead, and its given to all for whom He died as their Saviour !

Amen, a person having been Given a repentant heart / mind, bears evidence of their being Chosen In Union with Christ in Eternity Eph. 1:4-7.

So when Christ was raised from the dead 1 Pet.1:3 with His Elect in Union with Him, it was for their Justification of Life Rom. 4:25, and therefore effects the New Life they have from His Resurrection from the dead.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    Amen, a person having been Given a repentant heart / mind, bears evidence of their being Chosen In Union with Christ in Eternity Eph. 1:4-7.

So when Christ was raised from the dead 1 Pet.1:3 with His Elect in Union with Him, it was for their Justification of Life Rom. 4:25, and therefore effects the New Life they have from His Resurrection from the dead.
    Your use of "heart/mind" denotes a lack of assurance. You're saying heart, but at the same time knowing it's not the blood pump and so it looks as if you are just adding "mind" to be on the safe side. But, "mind" is not a precise explanation of what repentance is. The mind is affected by repentance, but it is the effect of and not the operation of repentance.

I keep asking B57 to explain what repentance is and to give an account of his experience of repentance. He is very quiet on the matter. This tells me he is a stranger to the experience and is fearful of being exposed as a blind guide.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely !

Charles Spurgeon !

11. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (June 2nd, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Repentance in the matter of Gospel Preaching !

Repentance in the matter of Gospel message is a Salvation Gift, its an Spiritual act that can be performed only by the Spiritual man or woman, the natural man in the state of nature cant perform it, neither is called to peform it. Remember John the Baptist told the hard hearted pharisees that came to him while performing the baptism of repentance ? Notice his words TO THEM Matt 3:7-9

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

However, Jesus teaches this Matt 7:18

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Repentance toward God Acts 20:21

Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Thats a Good Fruit, and such that are left in nature cant bring it forth, simply because the natural man is evil and corrupt !

Thats right those in the flesh, the natural man, cant please God Rom 8:8

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Simply stated the unregenerate cant please God !

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Repentance in the matter of Gospel Preaching !

Repentance in the matter of Gospel message is a Salvation Gift, its an Spiritual act that can be performed only by the Spiritual man or woman, the natural man in the state of nature cant perform it, neither is called to peform it. Remember John the Baptist told the hard hearted pharisees that came to him while performing the baptism of repentance ? Notice his words TO THEM Matt 3:7-9

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

However, Jesus teaches this Matt 7:18

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Repentance toward God Acts 20:21

Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Thats a Good Fruit, and such that are left in nature cant bring it forth, simply because the natural man is evil and corrupt !

Thats right those in the flesh, the natural man, cant please God Rom 8:8

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Simply stated the unregenerate cant please God !

Exactly! Unless a person has been first Made Spiritually Alive in New Birth, he remains a natural man. And so all his own works of the flesh and mind, in his attempt to come to God, are likened to filthy rags in God's Sight Is. 64:6.

Therefore, True Fath and Repentance [Gr. metanoia] denotes a change of Mind, a change in the Inner Man: Evidence of the Working of the Spirit of God in a person, as a result of them having been already Redeemed by the Blood of Christ; His Church Eph. 5:25.
    Last edited by Nanja; September 24th, 2017 at 08:11 AM.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly! Unless a person has been first Made Spiritually Alive in New Birth, he remains a natural man. And so all his own works of the flesh and mind, in his attempt to come to God, are likened to filthy rags in God's Sight Is. 64:6.

Therefore, True Fath and Repentance [Gr. metanoia] denotes a change of Mind, a change in the Inner Man: Evidence of the Working of the Spirit of God in a person, as a result of them having been already Redeemed by the Blood of Christ; His Church Eph. 5:25.
    Amen exactly!

Charles Spurgeon !

15. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (September 24th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scripture that confirms that Jesus Christ as Saviour gives His People repentance, by blessing them and turning them from their sins Acts 3:25-26

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Charles Spurgeon !

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scripture that confirms that Jesus Christ as Saviour gives His People repentance, by blessing them and turning them from their sins Acts 3:25-26

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.
    What has He, this gift, turned you away from?

Acts 17:30 (NKJV)
    30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent,ô

Repentance is a gift...so is the breath of life...does it mean we do nothing now?

After having repented?

What have turned from...even today?

Thread Information