User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Results 76 to 81 of 81

Thread: Repentance is given by the Saviour !

  1. #76
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    19,276
    Thanks
    735
    Thanked 2,831 Times in 2,737 Posts

    Blog Entries
    17
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    47790
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    We?

    How many of you does that include?

    Man centered?

    Well that is who is selected and repented upon right? I mean we don’t include animals or house plants do we?

    I just want a standard to base what that life looks like...that turned, repented, saved, Christ centered life...so I know what to look for to know who is and who is not...

    For instance are we allowed to lie or deceive or add/subtract to the Word?

    Feel free to show you work...include citation and sources too...
    Yes, you always want to talk about man, that draws away from talking about God in Christ. According to my OP and following posts, who gives Repentance ? Where does it come from ? Who is it specifically given to ?
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

    Nanja (February 3rd, 2019)

  3. #77
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 471 Times in 432 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3680
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Yes, you always want to talk about man, that draws away from talking about God in Christ. According to my OP and following posts, who gives Repentance ? Where does it come from ? Who is it specifically given to ?
    I am not asking Who gives it or Who gets it or that we not talk about God in Christ...

    I wanna talk about now that God in Christ gives repentance and to specific people what does that look like...

    What lifestyle, behavior, choices, values, are visible...you know the fruits...not of 5e Spirit given but what are you repented from?

    Are all of your “we” this elusive and squeamish to speak on this? Is that an example of being repented? Being ashamed to testify of your changed behavior or turned lifestyle...

    Again...do yours steal, murder, worship another god or the same God differently?

    That is the gospel...what He did for you...be not ashamed...witness

  4. #78
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    19,276
    Thanks
    735
    Thanked 2,831 Times in 2,737 Posts

    Blog Entries
    17
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    47790
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    I am not asking Who gives it or Who gets it or that we not talk about God in Christ...

    I wanna talk about now that God in Christ gives repentance and to specific people what does that look like...

    What lifestyle, behavior, choices, values, are visible...you know the fruits...not of 5e Spirit given but what are you repented from?

    Are all of your “we” this elusive and squeamish to speak on this? Is that an example of being repented? Being ashamed to testify of your changed behavior or turned lifestyle...

    Again...do yours steal, murder, worship another god or the same God differently?

    That is the gospel...what He did for you...be not ashamed...witness
    Every thread I make is my witness. My witness consits in teaching what Christ did and accomplished. However you dont seem to be interested in that. Again, according to the posts, who gives repentance, and to whom does it specifically say He gives it to ? Read Acts 5:31 and answer the questions. Dont evade
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

    Nanja (February 3rd, 2019)

  6. #79
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 471 Times in 432 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3680
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Every thread I make is my witness. My witness consits in teaching what Christ did and accomplished. However you dont seem to be interested in that. Again, according to the posts, who gives repentance, and to whom does it specifically say He gives it to ? Read Acts 5:31 and answer the questions. Dont evade
    Me evade? I am trying to get you to clarify the very next verse.

    “We are His witnesses to these things and so also is the Holy Spirit whom Yah has given to those who OBEY Him” verse 32

    Remember Cornelius? he received the Holy Spirit too...but because Acts 10:2 He was devout and feared Yah with all his household...prayed and fasted...

    It was obedient Cornelius when Peter realized “But in every nation whoever fears Him and WORKS RIGHTEOUSNESS is accepted by Him” Acts 10:35

    Peter’s concludes that the Holy Spirit was given to goyim because Yah made no distinction between jew or goyim...so they were very similar in lifestyle..no differences means they both obeyed the same laws and thus received the Spirit same reason as jews...Acts 15:9

    Just like when the church was in the wilderness...ONE LAW for jew and goyim alike

    So your turn...STILL

    What do you obey? What does your repented lifestyle look lik? Some MAD here dont obey much at all but have raptured themselves from any obligations as they are under GRACE ALONE...and saved forever no matter what...

    So what did you obey to receive the Holy Spirit?...because so far your fruit do not reveal your claims that you have received as repented...don’t evade
    Last edited by clefty; February 3rd, 2019 at 11:11 AM.

  7. #80
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    19,276
    Thanks
    735
    Thanked 2,831 Times in 2,737 Posts

    Blog Entries
    17
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    47790
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Me evade? I am trying to get you to clarify the very next verse.

    “We are His witnesses to these things and so also is the Holy Spirit whom Yah has given to those who OBEY Him” verse 32

    Remember Cornelius? he received the Holy Spirit too...but because Acts 10:2 He was devout and feared Yah with all his household...prayed and fasted...

    It was obedient Cornelius when Peter realized “But in every nation whoever fears Him and WORKS RIGHTEOUSNESS is accepted by Him” Acts 10:35

    Peter’s concludes that the Holy Spirit was given to goyim because Yah made no distinction between jew or goyim...so they were very similar in lifestyle..no differences means they both obeyed the same laws and thus received the Spirit same reason as jews...Acts 15:9

    Just like when the church was in the wilderness...ONE LAW for jew and goyim alike

    So your turn...STILL

    What do you obey? What does your repented lifestyle look lik? Some MAD here dont obey much at all but have raptured themselves from any obligations as they are under GRACE ALONE...and saved forever no matter what...

    So what did you obey to receive the Holy Spirit?...because so far your fruit do not reveal your claims that you have received as repented...don’t evade
    . Again, according to the posts, who gives repentance, and to whom does it specifically say He gives it to ? Read Acts 5:31 and answer the questions. Dont evade
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  8. #81
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 471 Times in 432 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3680
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    . Again, according to the posts, who gives repentance, and to whom does it specifically say He gives it to ? Read Acts 5:31 and answer the questions. Dont evade
    He does...to all WHOSOEVER believes...so also is the Holy Spirit whom Yah has given to those who obey Him...Acts 5:32

    no distinction no partiality to jew or goyim...”but in every nation WHOEVER fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him...WHOEVER believes in Him will receive remission of sins” said Peter Acts 10:35,43

    Now your turn...don’t evade...

    What does that righteousness you work look like? The fruit?

    Here let me start your list:

    Do you steal?
    Do you lie?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us