User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Repentance is given by the Saviour !

Thanks
    Thanked 2,849 Times in 2,751 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Repentance is given by the Saviour !

As it is with Gospel Faith, so it is with Gospel Repentance, its not of man, but the Gift of the Saviour. Jesus told His sent Messengers that Repentance and Remission of sins are to be preached in His Name Lk 24:46-47

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

That they should be preached in His Name means they are products , effects of His Person and Work, His suffering and death and resurrection.

He was raised from the dead a Prince and a Saviour in order to give repentance and remission of sins Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

The word give[ didómi ] here means to bestow as a Gift

Its a word that denotes causative results, it means to bring forth, for instance how the word is used here Matt 13:8

8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

James 5:18

And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.

So Christ as a Risen Saviour brings about and effects repentance upon them Hes a Saviour unto, those He suffered and died for, mainly the Elect of God amongst all Nations !

Christ isnt ones Saviour if He doesnt give them Repentance !
    Last edited by beloved57; January 27th, 2019 at 10:34 AM.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Define repentance and give an account of the operation of repentance in you.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now the Israel spoken of in Acts 5:31 to whom their Saviour gives them repentance, its not national physical Israel, but a Spiritual Israel Chosen in Christ, and it includes some Gentiles Acts 11:18

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Israel the Spiritual Seed of Abraham and of Christ has Gentiles in it!

Also the word granted in Acts 11:18 and the word give in Acts 5:31 are the same greek word didōmi.

Charles Spurgeon !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

turbosixx (May 29th, 2017)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Define repentance and give an account of the operation of repentance in you.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    As it is with Gospel Faith, so it is with Gospel Repentance, its not of man, but the Gift of the Saviour. Jesus told His sent Messengers that Repentance and Remission of sins are to be preached in His Name Lk 24:46-47

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
    47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

That they should be preached in His Name means they are products , effects of His Person and Work, His suffering and death and resurrection.

He was raised from the dead a Prince and a Saviour in order to give repentance and remission of sins Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

The word give[ didómi ] here means to bestow as a Gift

Its a word that denotes causative results, it means to bring forth, for instance how the word is used here Matt 13:8

8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

James 5:18

And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.

So Christ as a Risen Saviour brings about and effects repentance upon them Hes a Saviour unto, those He suffered and died for, mainly the Elect of God amongst all Nations !

Christ isnt ones Saviour if He doesnt give them Repentance !
    In His Name means he has the authority to offer forgiveness of sins but the people must repent to receive the forgiveness.
    Lk. 13:3 I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.

Paul said God calls everyone to repent.
    Acts 17:30 Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent,
    Wretched man that I am.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by turbosixx View Post
    In His Name means he has the authority to offer forgiveness of sins but the people must repent to receive the forgiveness.
    Lk. 13:3 I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.

Paul said God calls everyone to repent.
    Acts 17:30 Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent,
    False teaching. In His Name does not have anything to do with a offer. Repentance isn't offered, it's given. In His Name regards His Person and Work, His Accomplishment, He gets the Glory and Credit for it.

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Charles Spurgeon !

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

False teaching. In His Name does not have anything to do with a offer. Repentance isn't offered, it's given.

If you've been given repentance please explain what it is and give an account of it's work in you.

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

False teaching. In His Name does not have anything to do with a offer. Repentance isn't offered, it's given.

If it's given, then all men have it because God is declaring it to all men.
    Wretched man that I am.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's given, then all men have it because God is declaring it.
    No all men don't have repentance, that is a lie. Acts 17:30 does not say all men have it!

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No all men don't have repentance, that is a lie. Acts 17:30 does not say all men have it!

Please tell me what you understand it to be saying.
    Wretched man that I am.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why haven't you studied it ? You brought it up! If you bring up a scripture please be ready to discuss and explain it, don't put it off on someone else!

Charles Spurgeon !

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why haven't you studied it ? You brought it up! If you bring up a scripture please be ready to discuss and explain it, don't put it off on someone else!

Might I suggest you do the same:

If you've been given repentance please explain what it is and give an account of it's work in you.

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now the Israel spoken of in Acts 5:31 to whom their Saviour gives them repentance, its not national physical Israel, but a Spiritual Israel Chosen in Christ, and it includes some Gentiles Acts 11:18

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Israel the Spiritual Seed of Abraham and of Christ has Gentiles in it!

Also the word granted in Acts 11:18 and the word give in Acts 5:31 are the same greek word didōmi.

Amen Brother!

Repentance is Given, along with Faith, to God's Elect Israel, those Chosen in Christ Eph. 1:4 of all the nations of the world Gen. 12:3 that He gave His Life for Heb. 2:16. They're Covenant Blessings through the meritorious Person and Work of Jesus Christ on their behalf.

And in this verse also, the word give is didomi and it's the result of God giving them His Spirit in New Birth:

2 Tim. 2:25
    In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He lives in parrot fashion mode. He reads and hears words that he repeats them, but can't explain what they mean.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    He lives in parrot fashion mode. He reads and hears words that he repeats them, but can't explain what they mean.
    Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

Thread Information