User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 129

Thread: A Question For the Preterists

  1. #31
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    10,153
    Thanks
    7,170
    Thanked 12,002 Times in 6,965 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147635

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    All right, persecution then, since every single word has to be familiar to you or else you are lost. Anyway, that is the last thing that happens before the destruction of Satan and the replacement of this earth with the NHNE.
    So now you're vocabulary snob too?

    And it is your silly opinion that the new heaven and the new earth will be completely unrecognizable?

    All of God's promises will be fulfilled, including all of His promises to His people Israel.

    The church which is His body is NOT Israel.

    The sooner that you believe all of the scripture, the better.
    Last edited by Right Divider; May 30th, 2017 at 01:38 PM. Reason: promises
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

    Has Amos 9:15 been cancelled?

    Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

    The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 12th, 2017),steko (May 30th, 2017),Tambora (May 29th, 2017)

  3. #32
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    12,452
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 665 Times in 585 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198158
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    So now you're vocabulary snob too?

    And it is your silly opinion that the new heaven and the new earth will be completely unrecognizable?

    All of God's promise will be fulfilled, including all of His promises to His people Israel.

    The church which is His body is NOT Israel.

    The sooner that you believe all of the scripture, the better.



    lol, so better is 'in agreement with me'. Got it!

    I have no idea what the remark is about NHNE being recognizable. In a sense, they may not be what we think at all: God is the light, there is no sun, and the Lamb is the temple. That's different all right. instead of being the expert on it now, as you are, with 2-3 followers, I'll just let God take care of it. Deal?

    You can conflict with Acts 13:32-39 all you want. There are people in adultery who conflict with Rom 7 and I cor 7 all the time; I'm not phased. But it does not change the text or the meaning of Acts in general. No dice.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

  4. #33
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    10,153
    Thanks
    7,170
    Thanked 12,002 Times in 6,965 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147635

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    lol, so better is 'in agreement with me'. Got it!
    You are not too bright.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    I have no idea what the remark is about NHNE being recognizable. In a sense, they may not be what we think at all: God is the light, there is no sun, and the Lamb is the temple. That's different all right. instead of being the expert on it now, as you are, with 2-3 followers, I'll just let God take care of it. Deal?
    You have made the claim that Israel cannot receive their land promise because there will be a NHNE. That is wrong, like most everything you say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You can conflict with Acts 13:32-39 all you want. There are people in adultery who conflict with Rom 7 and I cor 7 all the time; I'm not phased. But it does not change the text or the meaning of Acts in general. No dice.
    I don't have "a conflict" with Acts 13 at all. You are the one that thinks that EVERY promise that God made to Israel must be REPEATED somewhere in what you call "the NT" or it's automatically cancelled. That is fallacious reasoning.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

    Has Amos 9:15 been cancelled?

    Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

    The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    steko (May 30th, 2017),Tambora (May 29th, 2017)

  6. #34
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    12,452
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 665 Times in 585 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198158
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    You are not too bright.


    You have made the claim that Israel cannot receive their land promise because there will be a NHNE. That is wrong, like most everything you say.


    I don't have "a conflict" with Acts 13 at all. You are the one that thinks that EVERY promise that God made to Israel must be REPEATED somewhere in what you call "the NT" or it's automatically cancelled. That is fallacious reasoning.




    re Israel receiving land
    there is no outstanding promise about that that needs to be kept. There is no reference to it in Rom 11 and 11 concludes with equal mercy to all people in Christ, who believe, and saying that God does not owe anyone anything. ch 15 adds that Christ served israel by being the fulfillment of the evangelical promises (they always were).

    As for the connection to the NHNE, it is not 'fulfilled' there; it is never mentioned. But the reason it is not mentioned is not just because the NHNE comes. There simply is nothing outstanding that God needs to do for the nation.

    Acts 13
    If you don't have a problem with Acts 13, where then in the NT is there a more complete recap of its history and its climax? And there is no mention of your promised land (again) here.

    All I notice about your system is that the passages that SHOULD SAY something close to what you think are non-existent. It is never there. Because the passages are going/moving in quite another direction that you can't see. Rom 11? No. heb 8-10? No. Acts 13 or 26? No.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

  7. #35
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    18,339
    Thanks
    3,055
    Thanked 19,365 Times in 11,265 Posts

    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147797
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    re Israel receiving land
    there is no outstanding promise about that that needs to be kept. There is no reference to it in Rom 11 and 11 concludes with equal mercy to all people in Christ, who believe, and saying that God does not owe anyone anything. ch 15 adds that Christ served israel by being the fulfillment of the evangelical promises (they always were).

    As for the connection to the NHNE, it is not 'fulfilled' there; it is never mentioned. But the reason it is not mentioned is not just because the NHNE comes. There simply is nothing outstanding that God needs to do for the nation.

    Acts 13
    If you don't have a problem with Acts 13, where then in the NT is there a more complete recap of its history and its climax? And there is no mention of your promised land (again) here.

    All I notice about your system is that the passages that SHOULD SAY something close to what you think are non-existent. It is never there. Because the passages are going/moving in quite another direction that you can't see. Rom 11? No. heb 8-10? No. Acts 13 or 26? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 12th, 2017),steko (May 30th, 2017),Tambora (May 29th, 2017)

  9. #36
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    18,339
    Thanks
    3,055
    Thanked 19,365 Times in 11,265 Posts

    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147797
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    re Israel receiving land
    there is no outstanding promise about that that needs to be kept. There is no reference to it in Rom 11 and 11 concludes with equal mercy to all people in Christ, who believe, and saying that God does not owe anyone anything. ch 15 adds that Christ served israel by being the fulfillment of the evangelical promises (they always were).

    As for the connection to the NHNE, it is not 'fulfilled' there; it is never mentioned. But the reason it is not mentioned is not just because the NHNE comes. There simply is nothing outstanding that God needs to do for the nation.

    Acts 13
    If you don't have a problem with Acts 13, where then in the NT is there a more complete recap of its history and its climax? And there is no mention of your promised land (again) here.

    All I notice about your system is that the passages that SHOULD SAY something close to what you think are non-existent. It is never there. Because the passages are going/moving in quite another direction that you can't see. Rom 11? No. heb 8-10? No. Acts 13 or 26? No.
    Translation:

    "God's promises? There's no need for it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 12th, 2017),Right Divider (May 30th, 2017),steko (May 30th, 2017),Tambora (May 29th, 2017)

  11. #37
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    18,339
    Thanks
    3,055
    Thanked 19,365 Times in 11,265 Posts

    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147797
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You can conflict with Acts 13:32-39 all you want. There are people in adultery who conflict with Rom 7 and I cor 7 all the time; I'm not phased. But it does not change the text or the meaning of Acts in general. No dice.
    Singular promise in Acts 13. You cannot change it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 12th, 2017),steko (May 30th, 2017),Tambora (May 29th, 2017)

  13. #38
    Over 2500 post club turbosixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,691
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 173 Times in 153 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    116865
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    When was this prophecy fulfilled?:

    "For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east" (Zech.14:2-4).
    So you do not see Christ as king and conqueror?
    Wretched man that I am.

  14. #39
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    18,339
    Thanks
    3,055
    Thanked 19,365 Times in 11,265 Posts

    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147797
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    I'll just let God take care of it. Deal?
    You should have the same attitude concerning land promises instead of explaining them away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    steko (May 30th, 2017)

  16. #40
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    10,153
    Thanks
    7,170
    Thanked 12,002 Times in 6,965 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147635

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    re Israel receiving land
    there is no outstanding promise about that that needs to be kept.
    Liar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    There is no reference to it in Rom 11 and 11 concludes with equal mercy to all people in Christ, who believe, and saying that God does not owe anyone anything. ch 15 adds that Christ served israel by being the fulfillment of the evangelical promises (they always were).
    You skip many promises and confuse mercy with everything else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    As for the connection to the NHNE, it is not 'fulfilled' there; it is never mentioned. But the reason it is not mentioned is not just because the NHNE comes. There simply is nothing outstanding that God needs to do for the nation.
    Liar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    Acts 13
    If you don't have a problem with Acts 13, where then in the NT is there a more complete recap of its history and its climax? And there is no mention of your promised land (again) here.
    No mention DOES NOT EQUAL CANCELLATION. How many times will you repeat that stupidity?

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    All I notice about your system is that the passages that SHOULD SAY something close to what you think are non-existent. It is never there. Because the passages are going/moving in quite another direction that you can't see. Rom 11? No. heb 8-10? No. Acts 13 or 26? No.
    SHOULD is your feeble and idiotic opinion.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

    Has Amos 9:15 been cancelled?

    Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

    The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    steko (May 30th, 2017),Tambora (September 12th, 2017)

  18. #41
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    10,153
    Thanks
    7,170
    Thanked 12,002 Times in 6,965 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147635

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by turbosixx View Post
    So you do not see Christ as king and conqueror?
    You're trying to force your meaning into that passage.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

    Has Amos 9:15 been cancelled?

    Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

    The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    steko (May 30th, 2017),Tambora (September 12th, 2017)

  20. #42
    Over 2500 post club turbosixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,691
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 173 Times in 153 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    116865
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    You're trying to force your meaning into that passage.
    I'll look at it more closely. Thanks
    Wretched man that I am.

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turbosixx For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 12th, 2017),Right Divider (May 30th, 2017),steko (May 30th, 2017)

  22. #43
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    12,452
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 665 Times in 585 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198158
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Liar.


    You skip many promises and confuse mercy with everything else.


    Liar.


    No mention DOES NOT EQUAL CANCELLATION. How many times will you repeat that stupidity?


    SHOULD is your feeble and idiotic opinion.




    Give a good reason why it is not mentioned. There aren't any. There is nothing about the land as such that gives it the unparalleled position in NT theology that you think it has.

    You have not answered about which trinity you believe in.

    You have not answered anything about Acts 13 or 26 that shows you really follow them.

    You have not answered about whether Israel knew its Messiah would suffer from Ps 22, Is 53 and Dan 9.

    Why is that?
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

  23. #44
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    10,153
    Thanks
    7,170
    Thanked 12,002 Times in 6,965 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147635

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    Give a good reason why it is not mentioned. There aren't any. There is nothing about the land as such that gives it the unparalleled position in NT theology that you think it has.
    I don't think that "it has an unparalleled position". That's just more of your very poor thinking.

    The land was PROMISED by God to Israel. That's good enough for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You have not answered about which trinity you believe in.
    I didn't see that question given to me. The one in the Bible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You have not answered anything about Acts 13 or 26 that shows you really follow them.
    I have answered (as have others), but you DO NOT LISTEN.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You have not answered about whether Israel knew its Messiah would suffer from Ps 22, Is 53 and Dan 9.

    Why is that?
    Some did.

    Suffering does NOT TELL THE WHOLE STORY, now does it?
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

    Has Amos 9:15 been cancelled?

    Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

    The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 12th, 2017)

  25. #45
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    12,452
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 665 Times in 585 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198158
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    I don't think that "it has an unparalleled position". That's just more of your very poor thinking.

    The land was PROMISED by God to Israel. That's good enough for me.


    I didn't see that question given to me. The one in the Bible.


    I have answered (as have others), but you DO NOT LISTEN.


    Some did.

    Suffering does NOT TELL THE WHOLE STORY, now does it?




    Yes, it defines what kind of messiah and king we have. In this kingdom, you may gain 100 friends, family members and homes, and it will be along with persecutions.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us