User Tag List

Page 38 of 72 FirstFirst ... 283536373839404148 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 1067

Thread: "Things that are different" included Gentiles

  1. #556
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11,550
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,868 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    982281
    Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    As does the Weymouth Translation:

    (Eph 2:15 WNT)For He is our peace--He who has made Jews and Gentiles one, and in His own human nature has broken down the hostile dividing wall,
    Nope - dynamic equivalence.

  2. #557
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    13,935
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6,847 Times in 5,007 Posts

    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147798
    Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    I don't hate Jews.
    Yes, you do, Jew hater. You are in denial(You taught us that, sissy)
    Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    I'm just not a Zionist like you Darby Followers are.
    You are a Christ rejecting Josephus follower, an admitted Catholic, and subscribe to Russell-ite/King-ite cult Church of Christ "doctrine," and your satanic "Replacement" "theology" mirrors the Catholic Church, which mirrors the "end time" invented Preterist "doctrine-the Jesuits invented it. Not one person taught Preterist/AD 70-ism, until Russell invented it, in the 1800's, which you admitted. Thus, by your "argument," it is "invented."

    Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    People who call themselves Jews today, reject Christ Jesus, and therefore, are no different than a Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, atheist, etc. These Christ rejecting Jews are NOT the seed of Abraham.

    Agreed. And? Irrelevant. You, on record, are an anti-Semite, hating Jews.

    Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    Yet, you Darby Followers tell these Christ rejecting Jews that they are special, and that God has a future plan for them.

    Show us any dispensationalist, satanic accuser, who assert that "Christ rejecting Jews that they are special." Give us the quotes.


    God the Father, the Lord Jesus Christ, Paul,.................scripture, asserts that the believing remnant of the nation Israel, are elect, as to service, and has a plan for them, confirming the promises made unto the Fathers, despite you and your daddy devil's protests, grinding your teeth, in opposition, you dung mouthed false accuser, as you've been shown, chapter, verse, for years. But your daddy, the devil, keeps telling you to "deny it, my demonic son!!!!!!"



    Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    As I once said:

    Are you an anti-Semite, gay boy? Did you not admit that you are, on TOL? Did you not "once say" that, on TOL? Yes, or no, little arms sissy?
    Saint John W

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    Tambora (May 20th, 2017)

  4. #558
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11,550
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,868 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    982281
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    Paul tells you what the middle wall was. Keep reading.
    As he did decades earlier in his first epistle: Galatians, and decades later, in Romans 3.

  5. #559
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    16,038
    Thanks
    2,394
    Thanked 14,666 Times in 8,959 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147769
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    As he did decades earlier in his first epistle: Galatians, and decades later, in Romans 3.
    Show me what you are referring to
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    heir (May 19th, 2017),Tambora (May 20th, 2017)

  7. #560
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    13,935
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6,847 Times in 5,007 Posts

    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147798
    Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    You need help.

    Your hatred is getting the better of you.

    Someday you may thank me for showing you all the errors of Darby's false teachings.
    That's rich, admitted Jew hater, anti-Semite. And the bible testifies that it is not possible to thank someone, such as yourself, when they are in hell. Don't you believe the bible, little armed weasel Craigie? LOL(you taught us that sissy saying).
    Saint John W

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    Tambora (May 20th, 2017)

  9. #561
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    16,038
    Thanks
    2,394
    Thanked 14,666 Times in 8,959 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147769
    Acts 15
    19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

    20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

    21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

    22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas and Silas, chief men among the brethren:

    23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia.

    24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

    25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

    26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

    27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.

    28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

    29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

    30 So when they were dismissed, they came to Antioch: and when they had gathered the multitude together, they delivered the epistle:

    31 Which when they had read, they rejoiced for the consolation.





    1 Cor 11
    Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

    2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    heir (May 19th, 2017),Tambora (May 20th, 2017)

  11. #562
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11,550
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,868 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    982281
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    Show me what you are referring to
    The Law.

    Which the words "contained in ordinances" throw you off on?

  12. #563
    LIFETIME MEMBER tetelestai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    11,519
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 343 Times in 319 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    312850
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    Paul tells you what the middle wall was. Keep reading.
    The middle wall of partition divided the Jew from the Gentile (even the Gentile proselytes).

    "In the former of these similes he refers to an actual wall in the temple at Jerusalem, beyond which no one was allowed to pass unless he were a Jew, the balustrade or barrier which marked the limit up to which a Gentile might advance but no farther. Curiously, this middle wall of partition had a great deal to do with Paul's arrest and imprisonment, for the multitude of the Jews became infuriated, not merely because of their general hostility to him as an apostle of Christ and a preacher of the gospel for the world, but specially because it was erroneously supposed that he had brought Trophimus the Ephesian past this barrier into the temple (Acts 21:29)" - SOURCE

    I can't believe you and heir are so wrong on this matter.
    (1 Cor 1:13 KJV) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

  13. #564
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11,550
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,868 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    982281
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    Acts 15
    19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

    20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

    21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

    22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas and Silas, chief men among the brethren:

    23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia.

    24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

    25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

    26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

    27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.

    28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

    29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

    30 So when they were dismissed, they came to Antioch: and when they had gathered the multitude together, they delivered the epistle:

    31 Which when they had read, they rejoiced for the consolation.





    1 Cor 11
    Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

    2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
    No, bro; that word in 1 Cor. there, is referring to the teachings as traditions that Paul taught.

    Galatians 1:14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

    2 Thessalonians 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

  14. #565
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    16,038
    Thanks
    2,394
    Thanked 14,666 Times in 8,959 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147769
    Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    The middle wall of partition divided the Jew from the Gentile (even the Gentile proselytes).

    "In the former of these similes he refers to an actual wall in the temple at Jerusalem, beyond which no one was allowed to pass unless he were a Jew, the balustrade or barrier which marked the limit up to which a Gentile might advance but no farther. Curiously, this middle wall of partition had a great deal to do with Paul's arrest and imprisonment, for the multitude of the Jews became infuriated, not merely because of their general hostility to him as an apostle of Christ and a preacher of the gospel for the world, but specially because it was erroneously supposed that he had brought Trophimus the Ephesian past this barrier into the temple (Acts 21:29)" - SOURCE

    I can't believe you and heir are so wrong on this matter.
    Paul told you what the middle wall was between the twain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    heir (May 19th, 2017),Right Divider (May 19th, 2017),Tambora (May 20th, 2017)

  16. #566
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    16,038
    Thanks
    2,394
    Thanked 14,666 Times in 8,959 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147769
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    No, bro; that word in 1 Cor. there, is referring to the teachings as traditions that Paul taught.
    So you say. I see handwritten ordinances ordered to be delivered to Gentiles in Acts 15. Shortly thereafter, Paul goes to Corinth. Did he deliver them to the Corinthians? I'd say so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    heir (May 19th, 2017),Tambora (May 20th, 2017)

  18. #567
    LIFETIME MEMBER tetelestai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    11,519
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 343 Times in 319 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    312850
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    Paul told you what the middle wall was between the twain.
    Think.

    The actual middle wall of partition that existed in the temple separated Jews from Gentiles.

    It did not separate one group of Jews and Gentiles from a second group of Jews and Gentiles.
    (1 Cor 1:13 KJV) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

  19. #568
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    16,038
    Thanks
    2,394
    Thanked 14,666 Times in 8,959 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147769
    Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    Think.

    The actual middle wall of partition that existed in the temple separated Jews from Gentiles.

    It did not separate one group of Jews and Gentiles from a second group of Jews and Gentiles.
    Paul told you what the middle wall was between the twain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    heir (May 19th, 2017),Tambora (May 20th, 2017)

  21. #569
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11,550
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,868 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    982281
    Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    The middle wall of partition divided the Jew from the Gentile (even the Gentile proselytes).

    "In the former of these similes he refers to an actual wall in the temple at Jerusalem, beyond which no one was allowed to pass unless he were a Jew, the balustrade or barrier which marked the limit up to which a Gentile might advance but no farther. Curiously, this middle wall of partition had a great deal to do with Paul's arrest and imprisonment, for the multitude of the Jews became infuriated, not merely because of their general hostility to him as an apostle of Christ and a preacher of the gospel for the world, but specially because it was erroneously supposed that he had brought Trophimus the Ephesian past this barrier into the temple (Acts 21:29)" - SOURCE

    I can't believe you and heir are so wrong on this matter.
    Nope.

    That wall symbolized the Middle Wall of Partition between Jew and Gentile that the Law was.

    Acts 21:28 Crying out, Men of Israel, help: This is the man, that teacheth all men every where against the people, and the law, and this place: and further brought Greeks also into the temple, and hath polluted this holy place.

  22. #570
    LIFETIME MEMBER tetelestai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    11,519
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 343 Times in 319 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    312850
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    Paul told you what the middle wall was between the twain.
    (Eph 2:15 KJV) Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

    It proves you wrong.

    For example the law of commandments prohibited a Jew from marrying a Gentile, it prohibited Gentiles from entering the inner court of the temple.

    The middle wall of partition kept the Gentiles and Jews separated.

    Paul is making a point, that in Christ, there is no longer a partition wall to separate Jew and Gentile.
    (1 Cor 1:13 KJV) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us