Thread: The Freemason and Dispensationalist Connection

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorzhik View Post
    Could explain why you think this is true?

Well, for one reason, D'ism is full of several irrationalities. At that point, the person who asks real questions gets shut down and the preacher dominates and says it is not right or not humble to question his (the preacher's) authority. The amount of irrationality about prophecy, NT background, two gospels, Hebrews, etc, is incredible, and D'ist people end up just insisting on authority, not on the plain meaning of the text. Of course, their loaded add ons ARE the plain meaning to them and they can't see that.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Interplanner For Your Post:

jsanford108 (May 18th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 22,305 Times in 12,168 Posts

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    Personally I self identify as a Christian. Way to many folks out there following every body except Jesus.
    "Christian life"

So do I.....and did.

Have ya' finished buildin' that ark yet?
    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

Jerry Shugart (May 17th, 2017),Right Divider (May 18th, 2017),Tambora (May 18th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,072 Times in 852 Posts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steko View Post
    "Christian life"

So do I.....and did.

Have ya' finished buildin' that ark yet?
    No need remember the rainbow ?
    Heb 4:2
    For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    Well, for one reason, D'ism is full of several irrationalities. At that point, the person who asks real questions gets shut down and the preacher dominates and says it is not right or not humble to question his (the preacher's) authority. The amount of irrationality about prophecy, NT background, two gospels, Hebrews, etc, is incredible, and D'ist people end up just insisting on authority, not on the plain meaning of the text. Of course, their loaded add ons ARE the plain meaning to them and they can't see that.
    So when the preacher says that God already knew that Abraham would kill Isaac, but the plain text says that God did not know, this would be an example of a preacher needing to rule the members?
    Good things come to those who shoot straight.

Did you only want evidence you are not going to call "wrong"? -Stripe

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yorzhik For Your Post:

glorydaz (May 17th, 2017),Tambora (May 18th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No need remember the rainbow ?
    So, you agree that GOD has dealt with different people in different ways through history.
    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

7djengo7 (April 1st, 2019),glorydaz (May 17th, 2017),Right Divider (May 18th, 2017),Tambora (May 18th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,802 Times in 5,787 Posts

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by northwye View Post
    John Darby and then C.I. Scofield and Lewis S. Chafer said that when the dispensation of grace is over then God will return to a dispensation of law and again raise up and work with the people of the physical bloodline.- of the Old Covenant.
    Let us look at what we read about the New Covenant promised to the house of Israel and the house of Judah:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more" (Jer.31:31-34).

In the future those of the house of Israel and of the house of Judah will be given a New Covenant. And the "fathers" of those people will be the physical descendants of Israel, those who broke the LORD's covenant. That means that all those of both houses will also be the physical descendants of Israel as well.

And every single one of those physical descendants of Israel, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, will know the LORD have have their sins forgiven and be saved.

Dispensationalists believe what is written in this passage and understand that this prophecy will be fulfilled in the future. Those who do not believe what is written at Jeremiah 31:31-34 do their best to try to smear those who do.
    Last edited by Jerry Shugart; May 18th, 2017 at 07:46 PM.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

glorydaz (May 17th, 2017),Right Divider (May 18th, 2017),steko (May 17th, 2017),Tambora (May 18th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, you agree that GOD has dealt with different people in different ways through history.
    I absolutely agree that God dealt with folks differently ! What I do not agree with is that there were two "gospels" one for the Jews and another for the gentiles. There is only one Lord and there is only one gospel.
    For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,802 Times in 5,787 Posts

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I absolutely agree that God dealt with folks differently ! What I do not agree with is that there were two "gospels" one for the Jews and another for the gentiles. There is only one Lord and there is only one gospel.
    When the Twelve preached a gospel at Luke 9:6 did that gospel declare that the Lord Jesus would die for their sins, the same gospel Paul mentioned at 1 Corinthians 15:1-4?

It is difficult for me to believe that it did because as late as Luke 18:33-34 the Twelve didn't even know that the Lord Jesus was going to die.

Since you consider yourself an expert on gospel truth then tell us why the gospel of Luke 9:6 is the same gospel found at 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.
    Last edited by Jerry Shugart; May 18th, 2017 at 07:23 AM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

Right Divider (May 18th, 2017),steko (June 18th, 2019),Tambora (May 18th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I absolutely agree that God dealt with folks differently !
    Then would you say that GOD has dealt out or dispensed different requirements for different people at different timew?

What I do not agree with is that there were two "gospels" one for the Jews and another for the gentiles.
    Yeah, I think I already gathered that you believe that.

There is only one Lord
    Yep!

and there is only one gospel.
    Was it good news that Christ was born in Bethlehem?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to steko For Your Post:

Tambora (May 18th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,300 Times in 1,656 Posts

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then would you say that GOD has dealt out or dispensed different requirements for different people at different
    There is only one requirement to obtain everlasting life . . Perfect obedience under the Law.

Such was administered to man according to the (old) Covenant of Works.

All humanity fails this requirement because of the corruption of the human nature, . . thus

God has established and administered the New Covenant of Grace through the miraculous promise and provision of Jesus Christ, who achieved for man under the Law, what no man could do for himself.

That single "requirement" has been replaced with God's free and saving grace, through Him.

Such is the one, true Gospel message, conveyed down through all the ages.
    "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

" The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
    Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
    Charles Spurgeon

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nang For Your Post:

dodge (May 18th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nang View Post
    There is only one requirement to obtain everlasting life . . Perfect obedience under the Law.

Such was administered to man according to the (old) Covenant of Works.

All humanity fails this requirement because of the corruption of the human nature, . . thus

God has established and administered the New Covenant of Grace through the miraculous promise and provision of Jesus Christ, who achieved for man under the Law, what no man could do for himself.

That single "requirement" has been replaced with God's free and saving grace, through Him.

Such is the one, true Gospel message, conveyed down through all the ages.
    Why is the word 'covenant' not mentioned before Gen 6:18?

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

patrick jane (May 17th, 2017),Right Divider (May 18th, 2017),SaulToPaul (May 18th, 2017),Tambora (May 18th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    steko;5019799]Then would you say that GOD has dealt out or dispensed different requirements for different people at different timew?
    When God placed the bow in the sky did that promise apply to everyone on the planet ?

Does God change ? I do not believe so.

Why do you believe God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah ? It was because they disobeyed God in going against His commands and nature. Did God destroy those that obeyed Him anywhere in Scripture ? No. The requirements were the same for everyone. Those who obeyed were blessed, and those who disobeyed were chastised and or destroyed for disobeying.

Yeah, I think I already gathered that you believe that.
    It is what scriptures teaches.

Was it good news that Christ was born in Bethlehem?
    His birth in Bethlehem was foretold by the prophets ! It was good news that the Messiah fulfilled prophecy and was born where it was prophesied that He would be born.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,787 Times in 12,649 Posts

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, for one reason, D'ism is full of several irrationalities.
    The irony...
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    You're too literal to get it.
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

Right Divider (May 18th, 2017),steko (June 18th, 2019),Tambora (May 18th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    The irony...
    Sadly, in D'ism words are changed to fit the beliefs not the scriptures followed in context or MAD would cease to exist.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,787 Times in 12,649 Posts

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly, in D'ism words are changed to fit the beliefs not the scriptures followed in context or MAD would cease to exist.
    Oh.
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    You're too literal to get it.
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

steko (June 18th, 2019),Tambora (May 18th, 2017)

Thread Information