User Tag List

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 185

Thread: Shalom. Shabbat.

  1. #1
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    9,698
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 443 Times in 417 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0

    Shalom. Shabbat.

    Shalom.

    Do you observe Shabbat at home? I am living at a temporary residence. For a long time now in my life I have not used my phone, internet, or my computer. A long time ago I was observing Shabbat or the Sabbath at home but with my computer on. I was able to make a lot of good posts, even Christian posts, I am a Jew and not a Christian now, though I accept the TaNaKh and Matthew through Revelation, but I sensed that something happened somewhere in the United States of America (even when I wasn't doing anything or was just sitting there), and I stopped, even personally not using electricity on the Sabbath except for the light in the Bathroom. The congregation that I have attended does use electricity. In any case, I advise against this unless your house is set up according to Jewish standards. The point is that we can all learn from each other, and if you are not at home you may be at synagogue or the congregation you attend. Shabbat, the Sabbath, is a day of rest.

    Shalom.

    Jacob

  2. #2
    Over 4000 post club Nihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The North & the West
    Posts
    4,050
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked 874 Times in 729 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    200350
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I am a Jew and not a Christian now, though I accept the TaNaKh and Matthew through Revelation
    Which makes you a Christian, but whatev's

    Sure it does! Matthew through Revelation all talk about the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead on the third day, so if you "accept" Matthew through Revelation, then you accept the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead on the third day. No other option.

    HE IS RISEN. Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV)

    487 . . . the Catholic faith . . . in Christ.

    "...things happen .. and you see the results in the fruits of the happening." Lahey

  3. #3
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    9,698
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 443 Times in 417 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    Which makes you a Christian, but whatev's

    Sure it does! Matthew through Revelation all talk about the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead on the third day, so if you "accept" Matthew through Revelation, then you accept the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead on the third day. No other option.

    Shalom.

    Enjoy the Sabbath.

    Shalom.

    Jacob

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob For Your Post:

    Nihilo (May 13th, 2017)

  5. #4
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    9,698
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 443 Times in 417 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    Which makes you a Christian, but whatev's

    Sure it does! Matthew through Revelation all talk about the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead on the third day, so if you "accept" Matthew through Revelation, then you accept the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead on the third day. No other option.

    Shalom.

    I have reasons for not being a Christian. But I have no reason to reject Matthew through Revelation. I accept that Jesus rose from the dead.

    Shalom.

    Jacob

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob For Your Post:

    Nihilo (May 15th, 2017)

  7. #5
    Silver Member glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,289
    Thanks
    5,483
    Thanked 21,485 Times in 10,830 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147705
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post

    I have reasons for not being a Christian.
    Yes, and the main reason being you have rejected the Lord Jesus Christ as God and Saviour.

    Romans 9:4-5
    Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

    Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

  8. #6
    Over 4000 post club Nihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The North & the West
    Posts
    4,050
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked 874 Times in 729 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    200350
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I accept that Jesus rose from the dead.
    Terrific news Jacob, and best regards.
    HE IS RISEN. Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV)

    487 . . . the Catholic faith . . . in Christ.

    "...things happen .. and you see the results in the fruits of the happening." Lahey

  9. #7
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    9,698
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 443 Times in 417 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Yes, and the main reason being you have rejected the Lord Jesus Christ as God and Saviour.

    Romans 9:4-5
    Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

    Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
    Shalom.

    I do not know this to say that Jesus is God. I accept Jesus as the Son of God. I do not know what you mean by reject Jesus as God. I accept Him as Savior. He is not Savior in the same way that God is our Savior.

    Shalom.

    Jacob

  10. #8
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    9,698
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 443 Times in 417 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    Terrific news Jacob, and best regards.
    Shalom.

    Jacob

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob For Your Post:

    Nihilo (May 15th, 2017)

  12. #9
    Silver Member glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,289
    Thanks
    5,483
    Thanked 21,485 Times in 10,830 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147705
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Shalom.

    I do not know this to say that Jesus is God. I accept Jesus as the Son of God. I do not know what you mean by reject Jesus as God. I accept Him as Savior. He is not Savior in the same way that God is our Savior.

    Shalom.

    Jacob
    There ya go....that's why you're not a Christian. You're ineligible.

  13. #10
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    9,698
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 443 Times in 417 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    There ya go....that's why you're not a Christian. You're ineligible.
    Shalom.

    No. I accept Matthew through Revelation, and I am still not a Christian. I do not believe in the Trinity and I do believe in God's commandments, God's / His commands.

    Shalom.

    Jacob

  14. #11
    Silver Member glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,289
    Thanks
    5,483
    Thanked 21,485 Times in 10,830 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147705
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Shalom.

    No. I accept Matthew through Revelation, and I am still not a Christian. I do not believe in the Trinity and I do believe in God's commandments, God's / His commands.

    Shalom.

    Jacob
    You have no Saviour. That's a real problem for you. All this talk about your Jewish religion and what you're doing is nothing more than the vain imaginings of a natural man of the flesh.

    Searching searching but never finding.

  15. #12
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    9,698
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 443 Times in 417 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    You have no Saviour. That's a real problem for you. All this talk about your Jewish religion and what you're doing is nothing more than the vain imaginings of a natural man of the flesh.

    Searching searching but never finding.
    Shalom.

    You are thinking of philosophy, not Judaism.

    Shalom.

    Jacob

  16. #13
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    9,698
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 443 Times in 417 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    Terrific news Jacob, and best regards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Shalom.

    Jacob
    See Shalom. Jesus rose on the third day.

  17. #14
    Over 2500 post club beameup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,873
    Thanks
    313
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 750 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    120068
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I do not believe in the Trinity and I do believe in God's commandments.
    Who was wrestling with Jacob in Genesis 32:24-30?

    So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. - Hebrews 4:9-10

  18. #15
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    9,698
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 443 Times in 417 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by beameup View Post
    Who was wrestling with Jacob in Genesis 32:24-30?
    Shalom.

    I do not know. It says a Man. In Hosea it says, or speaks of, the Angel. Does the word angel mean messenger? Are you able to show me the Hebrew? I see it says אִישׁ. Hebrew is read from right to left. I can read the Hebrew word, but I do not think angel. It is a man, or man. See also Hosea 12:4.

    Shalom.

    Jacob

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us