User Tag List

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 388

Thread: Trump finally fires James Comey

  1. #31
    Over 1500 post club
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,886
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 669 Times in 463 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    238879
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    But so far, Trump is the best President ever !!!
    Director Comey learned of his termination over network television - in the midst of addressing a group of agents in Los Angeles!

    The FBI main office only learned that their Director was fired when the media started questioning them as to their response!

    Even staunch conservatives are questioning the Trump Administration's rationale for firing Comey - apparently they too find it difficult to believe that this President would terminate him based on his treatment of Hillary Clinton 9 months ago!

  2. #32
    Silver Member patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    24,587
    Thanks
    10,095
    Thanked 12,385 Times in 10,120 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147760
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post
    Director Comey learned of his termination over network television - in the midst of addressing a group of agents in Los Angeles!

    The FBI main office only learned that their Director was fired when the media started questioning them as to their response!

    Even staunch conservatives are questioning the Trump Administration's rationale for firing Comey - apparently they too find it difficult to believe that this President would terminate him based on his treatment of Hillary Clinton 9 months ago!
    Here's the demonrat narrative, Comey was getting close to having proof of collusion and had to be fired so Trump can protect himself from being "busted" - it's more pointless focus on a bogus investigation
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  3. #33
    Over 1500 post club
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,886
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 669 Times in 463 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    238879
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Here's the demonrat narrative, Comey was getting close to having proof of collusion and had to be fired so Trump can protect himself from being "busted" - it's more pointless focus on a bogus investigation


    Are we now expected to take Trump at his word - that he has totally reversed his position, for reasons unknown, and had Comey fired for his mean treatment of Hillary Clinton 9 months ago?

    If the FBI, Senate and House investigations are all "bogus," that effectively eliminates many of the constitutional checks and balances designed to curb the abuse of presidential power.

    Given Republican majorities in the House and Senate, who control both of the investigative committees, Trump has in effect declared war on his own party!
    Last edited by jgarden; May 9th, 2017 at 10:24 PM.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to jgarden For Your Post:

    Rusha (May 9th, 2017)

  5. #34
    Nobody is free when others are oppressed Rusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,573
    Thanks
    9,118
    Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,530 Posts

    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147716
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    But so far, Trump is the best President ever !!!
    IF by *best* you mean most corrupt, I would agree with you.
    There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish. Michelle Obama








  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusha For Your Post:

    patrick jane (May 9th, 2017)

  7. #35
    Over 1500 post club
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,886
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 669 Times in 463 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    238879
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    IF by *best* you mean most corrupt, I would agree with you.
    The House Republicans were having a difficult time finding the "intestinal fortitude" to explain the GOP healthcare bill to their constituents - how many will now be prepared to jeopardize their own political careers for an unpopular president to defend a crisis of his own making?

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to jgarden For Your Post:

    Rusha (May 9th, 2017)

  9. #36
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    5,958
    Thanks
    257
    Thanked 588 Times in 495 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Lets Comey think he dodged a bullet and then.. drops a Moab on his azalea
    Love it


    Sent from my iPhone using TOL

  10. #37
    Silver Member patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    24,587
    Thanks
    10,095
    Thanked 12,385 Times in 10,120 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147760
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post
    Are we now expected to take Trump at his word - that he has totally reversed his position, for reasons unknown, and had Comey fired for his mean treatment of Hillary Clinton 9 months ago?

    If the FBI, Senate and House investigations are all "bogus," that effectively eliminates many of the constitutional checks and balances designed to curb the abuse of presidential power.

    Given Republican majorities in the House and Senate, who control both of the investigative committees, Trump has in effect declared war on his own party!
    I have no problem with the investigations, even appoint a special investigation, no problem. The fact remains, there is NO EVIDENCE of collusion between Trump and Russia. I don't care if they investigate for the entire 8 years of Trump's Presidency
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  11. #38
    Over 4000 post club rexlunae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The high desert
    Posts
    4,380
    Thanks
    694
    Thanked 1,563 Times in 990 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    658725
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Hillary spent 1.1 Billion Dollars on her campaign.
    Legally.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

  12. #39
    Over 4000 post club rexlunae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The high desert
    Posts
    4,380
    Thanks
    694
    Thanked 1,563 Times in 990 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    658725
    Jeff Sessions was supposed to be recused from all matters related to Hillary Clinton's email investigation. His involvement here has to be investigated.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to rexlunae For Your Post:

    annabenedetti (May 10th, 2017)

  14. #40
    Silver Member patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    24,587
    Thanks
    10,095
    Thanked 12,385 Times in 10,120 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147760
    Quote Originally Posted by rexlunae View Post
    Jeff Sessions was supposed to be recused from all matters related to Hillary Clinton's email investigation. His involvement here has to be investigated.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  15. #41
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,856
    Thanks
    3,145
    Thanked 1,523 Times in 1,154 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    450609
    The simple explanation for firing Trump when he did

    https://www.google.com/amp/www.breit...planation/amp/

    But why fire Comey now? The answer is simple. The day before, President Barack Obama’s former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper*repeated, under oath, what he*told*NBC News’ Chuck Todd on*Meet the Press*on March 5 — that he had seen no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. That gave the Trump administration the breathing room to*dismiss*Comey — which it simply did not have before.

    It is true that Trump did not have an attorney general and assistant attorney general in place until relatively late, but he could have acted before then — though having their recommendation*certainly adds weight to his*decision.

    Put simply, if Trump had fired Comey while there were still serious questions*about Russia, then it would have been more plausible to accuse him of trying to interfere in the investigation or cover up whatever happened. It is now clear that nothing, in fact, happened. Monday’s hearing with Clapper and former Acting Attorney General Sally Yates was meant*to reveal*a “smoking gun,” and produced nothing but*viral*videos of Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX).

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to ClimateSanity For Your Post:

    Tambora (May 10th, 2017)

  17. #42
    Over 4000 post club rexlunae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The high desert
    Posts
    4,380
    Thanks
    694
    Thanked 1,563 Times in 990 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    658725
    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    The simple explanation for firing Trump when he did

    https://www.google.com/amp/www.breit...planation/amp/

    But why fire Comey now? The answer is simple. The day before, President Barack Obama’s former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper*repeated, under oath, what he*told*NBC News’ Chuck Todd on*Meet the Press*on March 5 — that he had seen no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. That gave the Trump administration the breathing room to*dismiss*Comey — which it simply did not have before.
    Sorry, that doesn't even come close to cutting it, for several reasons. Consider this exchange:


    Chuck Todd (ph) then asked, I understand that, but does it exist? You say no, not to my knowledge. Is that still accurate?

    CLAPPER: It is.

    GRAHAM: Ms. Yates, do you have any evidence — are you aware of any evidence that would suggest that in the 2016 campaign anybody in the Trump campaign colluded — colluded with the Russian government intelligence services in improper fashion?

    YATES: And Senator, my answer to that question would require me to reveal classified information. And so, I — I can't answer that.


    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-interference/

    So, James Clapper, director of national intelligence until January 20th had not seen any such evidence. Sally Yates....declined to answer. She was both in a very different position, that of acting attorney general (i.e. James Comey's boss), and potentially had different sources of information. Her information was enough, at the very least, to implicate Michael Flynn of several crimes, getting herself fired, but ultimately setting up the unravelling of General Flynn. It's unlikely that Clapper ever saw any of that information, as he had retired a whole ten days earlier and didn't work in thee Justice Department.

    Beyond that, just the fact that one intelligence official can't support an investigation based on the information they have doesn't invalidate an investigation being conducted by another department. The FBI has a broader purview. And Clapper didn't even suggest that an investigation wasn't warranted.

    And finally, it is inappropriate and possibly illegal to shut down a lawful investigation against yourself, no matter how justified you think it is. The FBI has convened a grand jury to look into the allegations. There is an actual process that should be respected.

    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    It is true that Trump did not have an attorney general and assistant attorney general in place until relatively late, but he could have acted before then — though having their recommendation*certainly adds weight to his*decision.
    I would bet that he asked for those recommendations to justify his rage-fueled reaction to watching cable news.

    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    Put simply, if Trump had fired Comey while there were still serious questions*about Russia, then it would have been more plausible to accuse him of trying to interfere in the investigation or cover up whatever happened. It is now clear that nothing, in fact, happened. Monday’s hearing with Clapper and former Acting Attorney General Sally Yates was meant*to reveal*a “smoking gun,” and produced nothing but*viral*videos of Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX).
    There is a serious investigation ongoing. Clapper likely wasn't involved in it, and therefore hasn't seen as much of what's in it as Yates. It's true that no smoking gun was revealed, but the fact that both of the witnesses kept declining to answer in an open setting suggests that a great deal of what is happening is not yet public, either because it is part of an ongoing investigation, which is the point, or it is the product of surveillance and thus classified.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to rexlunae For Your Post:

    Rusha (May 10th, 2017)

  19. #43
    Silver Member patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    24,587
    Thanks
    10,095
    Thanked 12,385 Times in 10,120 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147760
    Collusion is a big fat nothing burger
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  20. #44
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,856
    Thanks
    3,145
    Thanked 1,523 Times in 1,154 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    450609
    Quote Originally Posted by rexlunae View Post
    Sorry, that doesn't even come close to cutting it, for several reasons. Consider this exchange:


    Chuck Todd (ph) then asked, I understand that, but does it exist? You say no, not to my knowledge. Is that still accurate?

    CLAPPER: It is.

    GRAHAM: Ms. Yates, do you have any evidence — are you aware of any evidence that would suggest that in the 2016 campaign anybody in the Trump campaign colluded — colluded with the Russian government intelligence services in improper fashion?

    YATES: And Senator, my answer to that question would require me to reveal classified information. And so, I — I can't answer that.


    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-interference/

    So, James Clapper, director of national intelligence until January 20th had not seen any such evidence. Sally Yates....declined to answer. She was both in a very different position, that of acting attorney general (i.e. James Comey's boss), and potentially had different sources of information. Her information was enough, at the very least, to implicate Michael Flynn of several crimes, getting herself fired, but ultimately setting up the unravelling of General Flynn. It's unlikely that Clapper ever saw any of that information, as he had retired a whole ten days earlier and didn't work in thee Justice Department.

    Beyond that, just the fact that one intelligence official can't support an investigation based on the information they have doesn't invalidate an investigation being conducted by another department. The FBI has a broader purview. And Clapper didn't even suggest that an investigation wasn't warranted.

    And finally, it is inappropriate and possibly illegal to shut down a lawful investigation against yourself, no matter how justified you think it is. The FBI has convened a grand jury to look into the allegations. There is an actual process that should be respected.



    I would bet that he asked for those recommendations to justify his rage-fueled reaction to watching cable news.



    There is a serious investigation ongoing. Clapper likely wasn't involved in it, and therefore hasn't seen as much of what's in it as Yates. It's true that no smoking gun was revealed, but the fact that both of the witnesses kept declining to answer in an open setting suggests that a great deal of what is happening is not yet public, either because it is part of an ongoing investigation, which is the point, or it is the product of surveillance and thus classified.
    I have no idea what you are blabbering on about in your lengthy response to your first quote of me.

  21. #45
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,856
    Thanks
    3,145
    Thanked 1,523 Times in 1,154 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    450609
    You are seriously insane dude.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us