Thanked 4,345 Times in 3,267 Posts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    I call foul.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

glorydaz (May 9th, 2017),Nihilo (May 9th, 2017),patrick jane (May 11th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 10,962 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amen, although, can you make clear what you mean by this, so that I don't err in interpreting what you quoted here?

Thank you, Glory? (Can I call you Glory, or would you prefer Glorydaz? Or, are you against either one? )

It means do what you know to be right and don't condemn yourself over it (even when others might).

Romans 14:22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.

You can call me whichever....I like them both.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (May 9th, 2017),Nihilo (May 9th, 2017),Tambora (May 9th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles Wings View Post
    Thought you were Catholic, due to your reference of CCC 1864.
    I believe every one of the Texts in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, that one in particular was lodged in my mind at the time:
    1864 "Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven." There are no limits to the mercy of God, but anyone who deliberately refuses to accept his mercy by repenting, rejects the forgiveness of his sins and the salvation offered by the Holy Spirit. Such hardness of heart can lead to final impenitence and eternal loss.
    Anyway, good to read you think your testimony is important.
    It's of the utmost importance. The utmost, for His Highest.

"What's the censored without the love? Censored." J.Lahey
    Not sure the goal of this thread is as you've stated, however, you're already getting kudos so, enjoy.
    It's justice is all.
    HE IS RISEN. Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV)

487 . . . the Catholic faith . . . in Christ.

"...things happen .. and you see the results in the fruits of the happening." Lahey

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fact: None of the writers of the New Testament knew Mary during the early years of Jesus's life.

Hypothesis: All that is written either came from Mary or is third hand from other sources.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eeset For Your Post:

Nihilo (May 9th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eeset View Post
    Fact: None of the writers of the New Testament knew Mary during the early years of Jesus's life.

Hypothesis: All that is written either came from Mary or is third hand from other sources.
    Tsk tsk, Eeset. I'm not talking about it.

"...things happen .. and you see the results in the fruits of the happening." Lahey

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could it possibly be the writers were inspired by the Holy Spirit?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (May 9th, 2017),Tambora (May 11th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The resurrection is nonfiction.

Thanks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about a counter proposal.

Fact: At least five people who personally knew Jesus rose from the dead on the third day, were given the brutal death penalties reserved for murderers, all because they wouldn't say that it didn't happen. The number is very likely 14, but five people are unequivocally confirmed to have suffered the fate of a capital criminal, for witnessing to the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Hypothesis: If the resurrection is nonfictional, then there ought to be a fairly obvious evidence that it happened in the world today.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about a counter proposal.

Fact: At least five people who personally knew Jesus rose from the dead on the third day, were given the brutal death penalties reserved for murderers, all because they wouldn't say that it didn't happen. The number is very likely 14, but five people are unequivocally confirmed to have suffered the fate of a capital criminal, for witnessing to the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Hypothesis: If the resurrection is nonfictional, then there ought to be a fairly obvious evidence that it happened in the world today.
    What does any of that have to do with Mary getting pregnant?

Thanks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does any of that have to do with Mary getting pregnant?
    I don't know, what?

Thanks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I call foul. I did not such thing as intentionally blaspheme. Preposterous.

I'm not permitted to talk about the substance of the discussion, and I'm not going to, but I call foul, and ask for an appeal on that decision.

I'd accept that I was disruptive, at least that case can be fairly made. But I do not accept that I'm guilty of anything resembling intentional blasphemy, I'm deeply offended even at the accusation, let alone the condemnation, and I appeal that unjust decision.

"It ain't right, it ain't tight." J-Roc
    Bump. This still ain't right.

Thanks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a certain school of theological thought here that is inherently blasphemous, in exactly the way in which I was wrongly accused and convicted of "intentional blasphemy," that's the only way that I could have drawn such ire; this certain school of theological thought is inherently blasphemous, and it was exposed.

I'm not talking about the content and I won't, as requested, but I am still appealing this wrongful condemnation. If anything here should be charged with blasphemy, it's that school of theological thought.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 1,604 Posts

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a certain school of theological thought here that is inherently blasphemous, in exactly the way in which I was wrongly accused and convicted of "intentional blasphemy," that's the only way that I could have drawn such ire; this certain school of theological thought is inherently blasphemous, and it was exposed.

I'm not talking about the content and I won't, as requested, but I am still appealing this wrongful condemnation. If anything here should be charged with blasphemy, it's that school of theological thought.
    You asserted that the divine conception of Jesus Christ was contingent upon Mary's free-will permission, lest that miracle be considered a rape.

That is blasphemous thought, which the mod said would not be permitted, but you seem intent to not back down from your ungodly claim.

Persist in your whining against the forum limits, and I will also persist in objecting to your nonsense.
    "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

" The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
    Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
    Charles Spurgeon

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nang For Your Post:

Eagles Wings (May 29th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nang View Post
    You asserted that the divine conception of Jesus Christ was contingent upon Mary's free-will permission, lest that miracle be considered a rape.

That is blasphemous thought, which the mod said would not be permitted, but you seem intent to not back down from your ungodly claim.

Persist in your whining against the forum limits, and I will also persist in objecting to your nonsense.
    I didn't blaspheme, and I didn't intentionally blaspheme, which is what I've been convicted of.

Note that I didn't engage with the content, and I will continue to not engage it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nihilo For Your Post:

Rusha (May 20th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nang View Post

That's false news. He simply stated that Mary consented, and God's untruth said her consent wouldn't have mattered and you joined in. The two of you incited him to say if she hadn't consented it would have been rape, and the two of you started falsely accusing him of saying what you, yourselves, had implied. Had Mary been impregnated against her will, it would have been rape. She wasn't, and it wasn't, so you set him up from the beginning with your wild speculations.

You two should be tarred and feathered for your false accusations.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

jsanford108 (May 29th, 2017),Nihilo (May 12th, 2017),Tambora (May 17th, 2017)

Thread Information