Thread: JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,101 Posts

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beameup View Post
    As God-man, Jesus was elevated in glory by dying for mankind, thus enabling man to be elevated to fellowship with the eternal creator.
    Perhaps you are "thinking" too much rather than exercising faith and believing. "Human logic" won't get you very far in dealing with an eternal God.
    Um no, if Jesus was God before he became a man, then we there would have been no need for Christ Jesus to have been exalted by God. As he would have been God already!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to marhig For Your Post:

Lazy afternoon (May 9th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    You talked to me like an idiot because I don't believe that Jesus is God the son, yet God the son isn't mentioned once in the Bible.
    Liar. The term Son of God is mentioned many times in the New Testament.
    "He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose,
    walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt;
    and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God."
    - Daniel 3:25

Thanks
    Thanked 2,550 Times in 1,557 Posts

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm sorry Lon, but I don't agree with you.
    Well, me and 599 others to each of you. I get that.

Those verses are clear.
    All scripture is clear. The more we read it faithfully, the better. Without the WT scripture studies would be better yet.

As our Lord Jesus said, the father is the only true God, and he is the God, father and head of Christ Jesus.
    Familiar with CARM?

I've covered John 17:3 from my perspective in thread as well. The Lord Jesus Christ, in the flesh, had a God. I agreed. That is why I'm tri- AND -une. You are just one, Modalists are the other.

There is no such thing as a triune God, this is doctrine made up by man.
    You can say it as much as you like. This is a 'triune' website. We outnumber you 600 to one. Kind of odd for something that supposedly doesn't exist. You are reading to me right out the JW handbook. I've seen this a few dozen times. What is the point? Simply information-dumping?

It is not in the Bible.
    Forget the word: It is the expression of John 1:1 and that certainly is in the Bible.

And we are not taught anywhere in the Bible that we must believe that Jesus is God, but that we are to believe that Jesus is the son of God, and I do. And this is what we are taught to believe, that Jesus Christ is the son of God, believe in the word and in the gospel, and we are to keep our faith in God and Christ and I do!
    I don't want to be the judge. We are told to honor the Son 'just as' we honor the Father. If you don't want to follow His direction, it has not to do with me. You are responsible for your own obedience or disobedience. Be very sure. Psalm 2:12 for me. We both have to follow what we believe scripture is commanding and will respectively stand before our Maker because of it.

Nowhere in the Bible are we told that we have to believe that Jesus is God to be saved. So anyone saying this are teaching a false doctrine!
    John 5:23 It is a direction. Whether one follows it or not, is between them and their God. -Lon
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Thanks

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liar. The term Son of God is mentioned many times in the New Testament.
    He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose,
    walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt;
    and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.
    - Daniel 3:25
    Why do you twist my words, I never said anything about son of God I said God the son. And God the son isn't in the Bible.

You call me a liar? Show me where those words God the son are in the Bible? Not the son of God, I believe that Jesus is the son of God.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marhig For Your Post:

daqq (May 9th, 2017),Lazy afternoon (May 9th, 2017),Notaclue (May 9th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um no, if Jesus was God before he became a man, then we there would have been no need for Christ Jesus to have been exalted by God. As he would have been God already!
    He became a MAN in the womb of Mary and was born in Bethlehem. As God, He joined Himself eternally to MAN. In other words, God voluntarily and eternally changed Himself by entering the world through the birth-canal of a woman.
    Pretty simple, straight-forward, and fully described in the Bible. Perhaps the Bible is just not for you.
    BTW, it's called the hypostatic union and it's doctrinal dogma from the resurrection onward.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 829 Posts

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you twist my words, I never said anything about son of God I said God the son. And God the son isn't in the Bible.

You call me a liar? Show me what those words God the son are in the Bible? Not the son of God, I believe that Jesus is the son of God.
    I was wondering about that too: he clearly said "God the Son", which is found nowhere, (except on the Trinitarian war shield).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to daqq For Your Post:

marhig (May 9th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Well, me and 599 others to each of you. I get that.

All scripture is clear. The more we read it faithfully, the better. Without the WT scripture studies would be better yet.

Familiar with CARM?

I've covered John 17:3 from my perspective in thread as well. The Lord Jesus Christ, in the flesh, had a God. I agreed. That is why I'm tri- AND -une. You are just one, Modalists are the other.

You can say it as much as you like. This is a 'triune' website. We outnumber you 600 to one. Kind of odd for something that supposedly doesn't exist. You are reading to me right out the JW handbook. I've seen this a few dozen times. What is the point? Simply information-dumping?

Forget the word: It is the expression of John 1:1 and that certainly is in the Bible.

I don't want to be the judge. We are told to honor the Son 'just as' we honor the Father. If you don't want to follow His direction, it has not to do with me. You are responsible for your own obedience or disobedience. Be very sure. Psalm 2:12 for me. We both have to follow what we believe scripture is commanding and will respectively stand before our Maker because of it.

John 5:23 It is a direction. Whether one follows it or not, is between them and their God. -Lon
    I do honour Jesus as I honour the father, because God had put him in a position of authority and power and we are to honour him, he is our Lord but he is not the LORD God Almighty.

And it doesn't matter if there is a million to 1 who believe in a triune God, there is no triune God in the Bible! Only one God as he's the father. And even if I was one in a million? So what, there was only Noah who was right in the whole world at one point! So it doesn't matter of I am only of a few. I know it's the truth, and Jesus even says so himself. How can you not believe his own words? He actually says that the father is the only true God as the the father is his God. He even calls God his God in Revelation 3 after he had left the flesh and is ascended to the father!

"That is why you Fail" Evil.Eye.<(I)>'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 Times in 1,151 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daqq View Post
    I was wondering about that too: he clearly said "God the Son", which is found nowhere, (except on the Trinitarian war shield).
    Islam is Arian. Your warshield seems more bloody than our warshield.

Say... what do you get when you cross an Arian with a bible Corrector?
    Give up... Daqq! It's you!

And... SON of GOD... Immanuel... which still means God With Us... no matter how many times you twist scripture.
    Open (Beyond Time ...1 Ki. 8:27) Relational to us within Time (John 1:1)
    Dispensational (2 Ti. 2:15)
    It's All About Jesus and He's the theology (John 5:39f)
    Biblical (2 Ti. 3:16)
    Zionist (Rm. 11:25-36)
    There is only one Commentary!
    (1 John 2:27; Rm. 8:9; Php. 1:19; Mt. 23:8)

Salvation is Free (Eph. 2:8f) !!! It depends on his strength, not mine!!! (2 Co. 12:9)

Thanks

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He became a MAN in the womb of Mary and was born in Bethlehem. As God, He joined Himself eternally to MAN. In other words, God voluntarily and eternally changed Himself by entering the world through the birth-canal of a woman.
    Pretty simple, straight-forward, and fully described in the Bible. Perhaps the Bible is just not for you.
    BTW, it's called the hypostatic union and it's doctrinal dogma from the resurrection onward.
    Yes Jesus was a man from the womb of Mary, but, Jesus Christ is the son of God, and not God the son, and God anointed him with the Holy Spirit and wisdom and made him Christ and God was with him and gave him power over all flesh, because he lived completely by the will of God. And without the father he could do nothing, for the father is greater than Christ Jesus.

You say that Bible might not be for me? Yet I'm quoting clear scriptures that show that God is the God of Christ Jesus.

I don't know what Bible you're reading from, but what you are saying is not right!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do honour Jesus as I honour the father, because God had put him in a position of authority and power and we are to honour him, he is our Lord but he is not the LORD God Almighty.

And it doesn't matter if there is a million to 1 who believe in a triune God, there is no triune God in the Bible! Only one God as he's the father. And even if I was one in a million? So what, there was only Noah who was right in the whole world at one point! So it doesn't matter of I am only of a few. I know it's the truth, and Jesus even says so himself. How can you not believe his own words? He actually says that the father is the only true God as the the father is his God. He even calls God his God in Revelation 3 after he had left the flesh and is ascended to the father!
    Do you realize how self contradicting and rediculous what you just wrote is?

"I treat Jesus like the Father, Who doesn't share His Worship with anyone, but Jesus isn't the Almighty?!?"

Really... that's your final answer?

Salvation is Free (Eph. 2:8f) !!! It depends on his strength, not mine!!! (2 Co. 12:9)

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come ye near unto me, hear ye this;
    I have not spoken in secret from the beginning;
    from the time that it was, there am I:
    and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

Isaiah 48:16

The Son is speaking, are you listening?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to beameup For Your Post:

Evil.Eye.<(I)> (May 9th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes Jesus was a man from the womb of Mary, but, Jesus Christ is the son of God, and not God the son, and God anointed him with the Holy Spirit and wisdom and made him Christ and God was with him and gave him power over all flesh, because he lived completely by the will of God. And without the father he could do nothing, for the father is greater than Christ Jesus.

You say that Bible might not be for me? Yet I'm quoting clear scriptures that show that God is the God of Christ Jesus.

I don't know what Bible you're reading from, but what you are saying is not right!
    Marhig... really? Seriously?

You... can't... make... this... up.

Thanks

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil.Eye. View Post
    Islam is Arian. Your warshield seems more bloody than our warshield.

Say... what do you get when you cross an Arian with a bible Corrector?
    Give up... Daqq! It's you!

And... SON of GOD... Immanuel... which still means God With Us... no matter how many times you twist scripture.
    And God was with us, he was in Christ Jesus reconciling the world unto himself. And Jesus was in the express image of God because he lived completely by the will of God and did all that the father asked of him. But he's not the God Almighty, only the father is.

Thanks

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil.Eye. View Post
    Do you realize how self contradicting and rediculous what you just wrote is?

"I treat Jesus like the Father, Who doesn't share His Worship with anyone, but Jesus isn't the Almighty?!?"

Really... that's your final answer?
    So what do you think of this?

Revelation 3:9

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Are they God?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And God was with us, he was in Christ Jesus reconciling the world unto himself. And Jesus was in the express image of God because he lived completely by the will of God and did all that the father asked of him. But he's not the God Almighty, only the father is.
    Rotfl... your body is your express image!?!

You can't make this up! OMGoodness!!!

Image... "an optical counterpart or appearance of an object, as is produced by reflection from a mirror, refraction by a lens, or the passage of luminous rays through a small aperture and their reception on a surface."

Express means ONLY ONE.

Rotfl...

I can't take it any more!?!? Rotflmbo!?!?!?!?

Thread Information