User Tag List

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 546

Thread: JESUS IS NOT YHWH

  1. #31
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    9,422
    Thanks
    1,023
    Thanked 4,836 Times in 3,013 Posts

    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1233915
    Quote Originally Posted by CherubRam View Post
    I see that when Trinitarians are corrected they immediately forget what was said to them.
    Tell us again why Thomas was wrong when he said this to the Lord Jesus:

    "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God"
    (Jn.20:28).

  2. #32
    TOL Subscriber Nihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The North & the West
    Posts
    3,110
    Thanks
    616
    Thanked 607 Times in 515 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    128132
    Quote Originally Posted by KingdomRose View Post
    I started the previous post with the same name to encourage people to explain how 2 particular verses could possibly be referring to just one individual. The scriptures are:

    Psalm 110

    Isaiah 61:1,2


    No one has attempted to explain these verses yet. What is the problem? I would like the people who believe that Jesus is YHWH to share their thoughts as to why these verses do NOT refer to two different Persons.
    Do you believe that He died, was buried, and rose from the dead on the third day according to the Scripture?
    "To be deep in history, is to cease to be Protestant"---Newman

    Matthew 16:18 AENT "I say also to you that you are Keefa, and on this Keefa I will build my assembly, and the gates of Sheol will not subdue it." (BR, emphasis mine)

  3. #33
    Over 4000 post club CherubRam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,192
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 315 Times in 259 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    80961
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Tell us again why Thomas was wrong when he said this to the Lord Jesus:

    "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God"
    (Jn.20:28).
    Yahshua was a god from heaven.


    Psalm 82:6
    I said, "You are (gods / elohiym you are all sons of the Most High.

    John 10:33-34
    33"We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."
    34 Yahshua answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are (gods / elohiym) 35If he called them ('gods / elohiym,) to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?

    Yahshua was asked if he was the Messiah, he was not asked if he was God. It has always been understood that the Messiah would be a god from Heaven.

    John 10:24. The Jews who were there gathered around him, asking, “How long will you keep us in suspense, if you’re the Messiah, tell us plainly?”

  4. #34
    Fiddle Dee Dee Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    37,963
    Thanks
    102,959
    Thanked 31,512 Times in 20,123 Posts

    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148022
    Quote Originally Posted by 6days View Post
    You can pick verses out of context to support almost any heretical doctrine, Taking the entirety of Gor's Word, we see who Jesus is.
    Throughout both OT and NT we see that Jesus is God. Jesus has every attribute that God the Father does.
    Jesus is omnipotent
    He has "all authority"...Matthew 28:18

    Jesus is omnipresent
    "Where 2 or 3...I am there" Matt. 18:20

    Jesus is omniscient.
    John 1:48-50 Jesus knew where Nathaniel was.

    Jesus is called God.
    "Of the Son he(God the Father) says, "Thy throne oh God..."" Heb. 1:8
    And,
    "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1
    So the Word WAS GOD...... then compare to v14... the Word became human

    Jesus is also called 'Lord'. Matt. 22:43-45

    Jesus is the 'King of kings and Lord of lords'. Rev. 19:16

    Jesus receives worship from angels and humans
    .."Let all the angels of God worship Him" Heb. 1:6
    And...
    "At the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow, of those who are in Heaven, and those on earth, and under the earth."
    Phil. 2:10

    Jesus claimed to be equal to his father.
    "I and the Father are one." John 10:30

    Jesus is the mighty God and the everlasting Father Is.9:6

    Jesus is the Creator. Col. 1:16

    Jesus forgives sin Luke 7:48 Consider... if somebody breaks your dads arm,,, who can forgive the person? Forgiveness can only be offered by the person who has been harmed. Likewise with sin....it is a transgression against God so only He can offer forgiveness. Why were the Pharisees upset when Jesus forgave...because they understood it was blasphemy...UNLESS Jesus was the Creator God.
    Good post!

    I make the alligators look tame.
    A wretched, spiteful, straight-razor totin' woman.
    Lord have mercy.


  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    Grosnick Marowbe (May 8th, 2017)

  6. #35
    Over 4000 post club CherubRam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,192
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 315 Times in 259 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    80961
    Quote Originally Posted by 6days View Post
    You can pick verses out of context to support almost any heretical doctrine, Taking the entirety of Gor's Word, we see who Jesus is.
    Throughout both OT and NT we see that Jesus is God. Jesus has every attribute that God the Father does.
    Jesus is omnipotent
    He has "all authority"...Matthew 28:18

    Jesus is omnipresent
    "Where 2 or 3...I am there" Matt. 18:20

    Jesus is omniscient.
    John 1:48-50 Jesus knew where Nathaniel was.

    Jesus is called God.
    "Of the Son he(God the Father) says, "Thy throne oh God..."" Heb. 1:8
    And,
    "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1
    So the Word WAS GOD...... then compare to v14... the Word became human

    Jesus is also called 'Lord'. Matt. 22:43-45

    Jesus is the 'King of kings and Lord of lords'. Rev. 19:16

    Jesus receives worship from angels and humans
    .."Let all the angels of God worship Him" Heb. 1:6
    And...
    "At the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow, of those who are in Heaven, and those on earth, and under the earth."
    Phil. 2:10

    Jesus claimed to be equal to his father.
    "I and the Father are one." John 10:30

    Jesus is the mighty God and the everlasting Father Is.9:6

    Jesus is the Creator. Col. 1:16

    Jesus forgives sin Luke 7:48 Consider... if somebody breaks your dads arm,,, who can forgive the person? Forgiveness can only be offered by the person who has been harmed. Likewise with sin....it is a transgression against God so only He can offer forgiveness. Why were the Pharisees upset when Jesus forgave...because they understood it was blasphemy...UNLESS Jesus was the Creator God.
    I can see that you did not study any foot notes.

  7. #36
    Over 4000 post club CherubRam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,192
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 315 Times in 259 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    80961
    A study bible has foot notes people. Do not ignore the foot notes, because they are very important.

  8. #37
    Fiddle Dee Dee Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    37,963
    Thanks
    102,959
    Thanked 31,512 Times in 20,123 Posts

    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148022
    GOD says that Jesus is GOD to Him, and that GOD is GOD to Jesus.

    Hebrews 1:8-9 KJV
    (8) But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
    (9) Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

    I make the alligators look tame.
    A wretched, spiteful, straight-razor totin' woman.
    Lord have mercy.


  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    Evil.Eye.<(I)> (May 8th, 2017),Grosnick Marowbe (May 8th, 2017)

  10. #38
    Over 3000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,639
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 100 Times in 82 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    34202
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Tell us again why Thomas was wrong when he said this to the Lord Jesus:

    "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God"
    (Jn.20:28).
    Tell us again why God was wrong when He said this to the prophet Moses:

    Exodus 7:1

    And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a God to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

    Or when God said to the children of the most high God.

    Psalm 82:6

    I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  11. #39
    Over 3000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,639
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 100 Times in 82 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    34202
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    GOD says that Jesus is GOD to Him, and that GOD is GOD to Jesus.

    Hebrews 1:8-9 KJV
    (8) But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
    (9) Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
    Maybe you could teach why God would have to tell God that his throne is forever or tell him about his sceptre?

    Why would God have a God that anointed God above his fellows?

    Who are the fellows of God? other Gods? so God anointed another God to be above himself?

    God's fellows would have to be other Gods, would they not? Why? or why not?
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to oatmeal For Your Post:

    marhig (May 10th, 2017)

  13. #40
    Fiddle Dee Dee Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    37,963
    Thanks
    102,959
    Thanked 31,512 Times in 20,123 Posts

    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148022
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    Maybe you could teach why God would have to tell God that his throne is forever or tell him about his sceptre?
    So you, and the rest of mankind, would know it as a surety, and not be able to truthfully deny it AS YOU FOOLISHLY DO DAILY.

    I make the alligators look tame.
    A wretched, spiteful, straight-razor totin' woman.
    Lord have mercy.


  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    Evil.Eye.<(I)> (May 8th, 2017),Grosnick Marowbe (May 8th, 2017)

  15. #41
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,771
    Thanks
    1,241
    Thanked 1,047 Times in 939 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    278515
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    so God anointed another God to be above himself?
    "For 'He has put all things under His feet.' But when He says 'all things are put under Him,' it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him that God may be all in all." (1 Corinthians 15:27-28)

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to jamie For Your Post:

    marhig (May 10th, 2017)

  17. #42
    Over 4000 post club CherubRam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,192
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 315 Times in 259 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    80961
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    GOD says that Jesus is GOD to Him, and that GOD is GOD to Jesus.

    Hebrews 1:8-9 KJV
    (8) But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
    (9) Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
    Even Non-Trinitarians believe Yahshua is a god. That still does not prove Yahwah is a Trinity.

  18. #43
    Over 4000 post club CherubRam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,192
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 315 Times in 259 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    80961
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    "For 'He has put all things under His feet.' But when He says 'all things are put under Him,' it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him that God may be all in all." (1 Corinthians 15:27-28)
    That certainly does not prove they are one and the same.

    "the Son Himself will also be subject to Him"

  19. #44
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,771
    Thanks
    1,241
    Thanked 1,047 Times in 939 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    278515
    Quote Originally Posted by CherubRam View Post
    That certainly does not prove they are one and the same.
    One and the same what? What are you talking about?

    Are you the same type of being as your father?

  20. #45
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    9,422
    Thanks
    1,023
    Thanked 4,836 Times in 3,013 Posts

    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1233915
    Quote Originally Posted by CherubRam View Post
    Yahshua was a god from heaven.


    [SIZE=3]Psalm 82:6
    I said, "You are (gods / elohiym you are all sons of the Most High.
    If the Lord Jesus was just a god then why did He say that we should honor Him like we do the Father?:

    "That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him"
    (Jn.5:23).

    For some reason I cannot believe that someone who is just a god would tell anyone to honor Him as they do the Father.

    You said that the Lord Jesus "was a god from heaven." Please give me your evidence that there is now or ever has been more than one God from heaven.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

    Evil.Eye.<(I)> (May 8th, 2017)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us