Thread: JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 1,394 Posts

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isaiah 61 1-2

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn

Luke 4

And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
    And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

So this day was the scripture of Isaiah fulfilled in their ears.

That means that, the Spirit of the LORD God was upon Christ Jesus, and the LORD God had anointed him and made him Christ, he was full of the Holy Spirit of God, and God was giving him Revelation always and giving him what to say wherever he went by the power of the Holy Spirit. God the father, sent our Lord Jesus Christ to preach the gospel, the ministry of reconciliation, to heal the brokenhearted and preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.

He said that came into this world to bare witness to the truth, and he came to save as many as he could by the word of God. Save all those who would repent and believe the gospel, save us from the world and from the grasp of Satan, bringing those who truly believe in him from darkness into light, from death to life and he came and showed us a better way, a new and living way, through our Lord Jesus and he was the perfect example for us to follow! Our Lord Jesus Christ, the Holy son of the living God, who laid down his life to bring us the truth and bring as many as he could back to the living God! He is the way, the truth and the life, and no-one comes to the father except by him!

1 Corinthians 8

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

1 Timothy 2

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marhig For Your Post:

KingdomRose (May 9th, 2017),meshak (May 8th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 909 Posts

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Yes, and all that is true, and I believe it all. Because the father was in in our Lord Jesus. And God gave him power over all flesh, Christ Jesus even says, in the verses that you have quoted that it is the father in him who is doing the works.

And there is also this,

2 Corinthians 5

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

God was in Christ, Christ Jesus had the fullness of God bodily, and he had the full power of the Holy Spirit because there was no sin in him.

Matthew 10:16-20
    16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
    17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
    18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
    19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
    20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to daqq For Your Post:

marhig (May 8th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,080 Times in 736 Posts

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, and all that is true, and I believe it all. Because the father was in in our Lord Jesus. And God gave him power over all flesh, Christ Jesus even says, in the verses that you have quoted that it is the father in him who is doing the works.
    Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be asserted, but laid aside His privileges, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.
    Finding Himself in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him THE NAME which is above every name, so that at THE NAME of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that EVERY TONGUE WILL CONFESS that Jesus Christ is YHWH , to the glory of God the Father.
    - Philippians 2:6-11

Thanks
    Thanked 34,601 Times in 21,973 Posts

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Lord Jesus Christ is YHWH.

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (May 8th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,832 Times in 3,930 Posts

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People keep mentioning revelation, but they don't take into account the first 2 verses?
    If you want the truth of the identity of the Lord Jesus you must go to the last two chapters of the book of Revelation. There we will see that the LORD God describes Himself as the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end:

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" (Rev.21:5-7).

Then in the next chapter the Lord Jesus says that He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"
    (Rev.22:12-13).

John certainly understood that He who said "I come quickly" was the Lord Jesus, as witnessed by his words that follow:

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."
    (Rev.22:20).

These are the very last words found in the Bible and that stresses their importance. We are to KNOW that the Lord Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. And by knowing that we can know without any doubt that He is indeed God. And while He walked the earth the Lord Jesus gave a stern warning to those who deny His identity as God who is from above:

"And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins" (Jn.8:23-24).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 1,028 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But to us there is but one God, the Father
    That's true for Jesus as well. The Father, who is the true God for Jesus and his group, is the Most High God.

The phrase "Most High" is an adjective identifying which God. The Most High God is the Supreme Being.

The term "Supreme" identifies which Being.

If only one Being is God we would not need adjectives to identify which Being.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,184 Times in 1,925 Posts

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Difference between Unit-arians and Trinitarians: We believe all of the scriptures presented in thread. Unit-arians, half. That is the clear difference.
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Thanks

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    The Father, who is the true God for Jesus and his group, is the Most High God.
    When the Lord Jesus told the Jews that God was His Father they knew that He was claiming to be God:

"But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God"
    (Jn.5:17-18).

If this was just a misunderstanding and the Lord Jesus is not equal to God then there can be no doubt that He would have cleared up this misunderstanding and said that He was not claiming to be God. However, what He told them only made it plainer that He was claiming to be God.

First, He told them that He had the same power to raise up the dead as does the Father (v.21). He then said that all judgment has been committed to Him (v.22). Then He told them this:

"That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him" (Jn.5:23).

There can be absolutely no doubt that by those words the Lord Jesus was confirming the Jews' idea that He was making Himself equal to God. And there is no reason at all why He would say those things unless He is God.

jamie, you honor the Father by scknowledging Him as your God. Do you honor the Lord Jesus as you honor the Father?

If not, why not?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And the pendulum swings from one side to the other.

I didn't say Jesus was not God, I said Jesus is not the most high God.

Jesus said, "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all"

The phrase "greater then all" is a comparative term.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Difference between Unit-arians and Trinitarians: We believe all of the scriptures presented in thread. Unit-arians, half. That is the clear difference.
    And another difference between the two is that trinitarians claim the Father and Son are equal.

Thanks

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh? Two different Gods?

Jesus said, "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all"
    Of course the Lord Jesus said that at the time when He was made a little lower than the angels!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Oh? Two different Gods?
    Paul explained there is one Spirit. Elohim is a uni-plural noun.

Don't confuse unity with singularity.

E Pluribus Unum.

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see that when Trinitarians are corrected they immediately forget what was said to them. I have seen people hate to be wrong so much that they continue in their error. Those who became Christians that insist God is a Trinity were the Pagan's, Gnostic's, and Mystic's. Orthodox Judaism never believed that God is a Trinity. The Judaic Christians were not like that because they believed that joining Paganism to God is a sin. How do you personally feel about Paganism being joined to Christianity? Do you believe that God does not see, or that He does not care?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to CherubRam For Your Post:

KingdomRose (May 9th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    The Lord Jesus Christ is YHWH.
    There is no scriptures to support that. Christ and the Father are "One" in unity, and we are also called to be "One" with the Father through Christ.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CherubRam For Your Post:

KingdomRose (May 9th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul explained there is one Spirit. Elohim is a uni-plural noun.

Don't confuse unity with singularity.

E Pluribus Unum.
    You are totally confused when you assert that the Lord Jesusv is God but not the most high God! Here is what you said:

Thread Information