All I want is God's Truth God's Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,499 Posts

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
    So you can not show from scripture that requested from you.
    I have already given the scriptures, but since I love giving the scriptures, here they are again:

Speaking in tongues was a gift given, a sign, given (Isaiah 28:11) during the laying of the foundation of the Church (Hebrews 2:4). It was a sign to the Jews (Acts 2:6). Speaking in tongues has served God's purpose, God has given the sign (1Cor 14:21), and God has laid the foundation (Eph 2:20). Speaking in tongues by the Gentiles showed the Jews that God granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life (Acts 11:18). Tongue speakers spoke mysteries (1 Cor 14:2); consequently, the mystery of the gospel has been given (Eph 6:19). Speaking in tongues is the language of angels (1 Cor 13:1), angels minister to humans (Hebrews 1:14). Humans are to understand speaking in tongues in earthly languages (Acts 2:6, 11). Speaking in tongues would be “stilled” (1 Cor 13:8).

The believers in the Bible times who spoke in tongues, they spoke in tongues supernaturally. The believers who supposedly speak in tongues nowadays, they speak gibberish and believe God turns their gibberish into supernatural language, and that is a false doctrine.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1Co 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as He will.
    When the Greek words are looked at, we learn that the word "severally" is the word "idios" which is commonly translated his own, their own...

Dividing to every man his own... his own depending on what? As God wills? nope as the man wills.

Any person that has receieved the gift of holy spirit from the Holy Spirit has the potential to manifest all nine of the manifestations listed in I Corinthians 12.

We must consider the law of believing, no man receives anything from God until they believe.

That includes how many of the nine the man wills to believe to manifest.

If he erroneously believes that speaking in tongues is a gift, he may never speak in tongues for he may spend his whole life waiting to receive a gift.

However, speaking in tongues is not a gift, it is an inherent ability that everyone who has received the gift of holy spirit from the Holy Spirit (God) has the ability to manifest if they learn from the scriptures what it is and how to do it.

Does the scripture teach us how to pray with our understanding? yes it does.

Does the scripture teach us how to walk worthy of God unto all pleasing? Yes it does.

Does the scripture teach us how to receive salvation? Yes it does.

Does the scripture teach us how to please God? Yes it does.

Does the scripture teach us how to live rightly in the sight of God? Yes it does.

Does the scripture teach us how to manifest what we have already received? Yes it does

Every person who is born again of God's spirit, that incorruptible seed already has the ability to speak in tongues.

Believers simply need to learn to believe to receive.
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    There were miracles and signs during the laying of the foundation. The foundation has been laid. The message has been testified to.
    Yes, the foundation has been laid, but take heed as to how you build thereon.

The foundation is of little value, unless you learn how scriptures tell you to build thereon.

When we see Jesus Christ face to face, then tongues will cease.

I Corinthians 13:10,12

Jesus Christ is that perfect one to come and he has not come back yet.

Face to face as in I John 3:1-3
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God still gives miracles, but God is not allowing the raising of the dead, healing of those born blind, and healing of those born paralyzed.

The Bible says plainly that those things were allowed during the laying of the foundation.

The foundation has been laid.

God has already testified to His message.
    Let it be according to your believing.

According to my believing those things are happening and shall continue to be the results of those who believe John 14:12

5. The Following User Says Thank You to oatmeal For Your Post:

SimpleMan77 (May 12th, 2017)

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to believe what Jesus says.

Jesus says the way you judge others is the way you will be judged.

Truster accuses me of every bad thing and condemns me.

So then, according to Jesus, it is exactly what Truster is.

I am kind of surprised that you did not know that.

You have heard what Truster has said to me, and you seem to know scriptures...so how is it you falsely judged me?
    1 Peter 3:9
    Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have already given the scriptures, but since I love giving the scriptures, here they are again:

Speaking in tongues was a gift given, a sign, given (Isaiah 28:11) during the laying of the foundation of the Church (Hebrews 2:4). It was a sign to the Jews (Acts 2:6). Speaking in tongues has served God's purpose, God has given the sign (1Cor 14:21), and God has laid the foundation (Eph 2:20). Speaking in tongues by the Gentiles showed the Jews that God granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life (Acts 11:18). Tongue speakers spoke mysteries (1 Cor 14:2); consequently, the mystery of the gospel has been given (Eph 6:19). Speaking in tongues is the language of angels (1 Cor 13:1), angels minister to humans (Hebrews 1:14). Humans are to understand speaking in tongues in earthly languages (Acts 2:6, 11). Speaking in tongues would be “stilled” (1 Cor 13:8).

The believers in the Bible times who spoke in tongues, they spoke in tongues supernaturally. The believers who supposedly speak in tongues nowadays, they speak gibberish and believe God turns their gibberish into supernatural language, and that is a false doctrine.
    Much of what you say is correct. However, the only scripture that could be misunderstood to mean that the Spirit no longer gives the utterance to speak with other/unknown tongues is 2 Cor 13:8. Two points:
    1. Tongues simply mean languages. This verse says languages shall cease.
    2. If languages have ceased, then knowledge has vanished away. Please explain how know knowledge has vanished away.

LIFETIME MEMBER
    Thanks

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sign was that the Gentiles preached the Gospel to the Jews because the gentiles received the Holy Spirit, NOT that tongues was spoken.

You made all of that up.

LA
    My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

LIFETIME MEMBER
    Thanks

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    When the Greek words are looked at, we learn that the word "severally" is the word "idios" which is commonly translated his own, their own...

Dividing to every man his own... his own depending on what? As God wills? nope as the man wills.
    Complete rubbish.

LA
    My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Re: Rules Governing The Gift Of Tongues

-
    People with the gift of tongues have the option to pray and sing with it or not to.

1Cor 14:13-16 . . Anyone who speaks in a tongue should pray that he may interpret what he says. For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful. So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my mind.

In other words: there are charismatics out and about blabbering incoherently because they choose to, rather than because they have to.

Now why on earth would a grown-up prefer incoherent blabbering? Isn't that the way small children communicate? Well, small children I can excuse because they're uneducated. But shouldn't supposed educated adults be just a bit more mature with their language and grammar than small children?

1 Cor 14:20 . . Brothers, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults.

Well; Paul was too kind. Were it left up to me I'd describe willful tonguers as spiritually retarded.

/

Thanks

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sign was that the Gentiles preached the Gospel to the Jews because the gentiles received the Holy Spirit, NOT that tongues was spoken.

You made all of that up.

LA
    God in His infinite wisdom knew that the Gentiles speaking in tongues would be a sign to the Jews that the Gentiles are also included in salvation. Can you imagine how necessary it was for the Jews to have the sign that salvation is for the Gentiles too? This is very important since the Jews called the Gentiles "unclean people." It was even against the law for Jews to associate closely with the Gentiles. See the following passage how God poured out the gift of the Holy Spirit even on the Gentiles, as was evident by the Gentiles speaking in tongues and praising God.

Acts 10:44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. 45 The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles. 46 For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God.

Thanks

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the foundation has been laid, but take heed as to how you build thereon.

The foundation is of little value, unless you learn how scriptures tell you to build thereon.

When we see Jesus Christ face to face, then tongues will cease.

I Corinthians 13:10,12

Jesus Christ is that perfect one to come and he has not come back yet.

Face to face as in I John 3:1-3
    As for the statement in 1 Corinthians 13:10, “but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears”, nowadays tongue speakers claim that tongue speaking will not cease until Jesus comes again. However, that scripture does not say tongues will not stop until Jesus comes again. That scripture is about Jesus coming the first time.
    The prophets in the Old Testament prophesied about Jesus, and prophets in the New Testament prophesied about our salvation. This is what Paul says, “…where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.”

When you only have prophesy in part, because the prophecy has not yet been fulfilled, or more prophecy is needed, it is imperfect, it is imperfect because the prophesy is in “part” or not yet fulfilled. However, when there is fulfillment of prophecy or more prophecy for what we need to know, then we have full understanding, so then, it is perfect and, that which is perfect is come. The Old Testament believers waited a long time for God to reveal Jesus to us, and now finally, from the Bible, we see that God has revealed Jesus, in the New Testament, the perfect has come. The Bible has everything we need to know for salvation. It is perfect. The New Testament is the “perfect law” given to us, James 1:25. The apostles from the New Testament received all the truth we need to guide us to eternal life, and they wrote this down in the Scriptures: John 16:13; 2 Peter 1:3; Acts 20:20, 27; Matthew 28:20; I Corinthians 14:37; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17; Romans 16:25-27.

We do not need anyone's tongue speaking to know more things about God's Truth, we have the Bible, and it is finished.

Thanks

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to my believing those things are happening and shall continue to be the results of those who believe John 14:12
    Name someone you know that was dead for four days and then raised to life.

Thanks

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus was sending out his apostles, as God sent Jesus out.

John 20:21 Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you."

The apostles were sent out and allowed to do miracles as Jesus did.

The foundation was laid by Jesus Christ and the prophets and apostles.

Ephesians 2:20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.

We are not laying the foundation.

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name someone you know that was dead for four days and then raised to life.
    Honestly answer this: if someone today had the testimony that they were raised from the dead, you would rationalize it away, right?

Now wouldn't you do the same if you were there? Lazarus surely wasn't really dead, right? You know you would. Jesus wasn't really dead - he went into a coma, and three days later he revived.

Thanks

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleMan77 View Post
    1 Peter 3:9
    Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

I see you are having a hard time with the word of God that shows what Truster is doing, the way he is judging, is how he is judged.

Now what you are doing to me is close if not completely being a hypocrite because you ARE doing what you claim I am doing, and falsely at that.

Thread Information