Thread: Rules Governing The Gift Of Tongues

Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,807 Posts

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleMan77 View Post
    If God isn't allowing it, how do I keep seeing cancers being healed (doctors show it on one image, then, after prayer, not on the next). Blind eyes from birth, seeing. How, if "God doesn't allow it"?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL
    I already answered you. It is dishonest for you to say that I said God does not heal. Now address what I said.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rules Governing The Gift Of Tongues

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    I already answered you. It is dishonest for you to say that I said God does not heal. Now address what I said.
    It's not dishonest. Here is your quote

"God still gives miracles, but God is not allowing the raising of the dead, healing of those born blind, and healing of those born paralyzed."

You said God doesn't allow the specific healings you listed. I said I've seen and know of cases in the past months where cancer has been healed, a person blind from birth has been given sight, etc".

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
    The gifts of the Spirit of 1 Cor 12 are not callings of Romans 12.
    Rom 12:6-8 . . Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us exercise them: if prophecy, in proportion to the faith; if ministry, in ministering; if one is a teacher, in teaching; if one exhorts, in exhortation; if one contributes, in generosity; if one is over others, with diligence; if one does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.

The koiné Greek word for "gifts" in that passage is charisma (khar'-is-mah). It's the very same word for gifts in 1Cor 12:4, 12:9, 12:28, 12:30 and 12:31.

FYI: The Greek word for "calling" is klesis (klay'-sis). It is nowhere in the 12th chapter of Romans; though it is in the 11th, juxtaposed with charisma.

Rom 11:29 . . God's gifts and his calling are irrevocable.

/

Thanks

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not dishonest. Here is your quote

"God still gives miracles, but God is not allowing the raising of the dead, healing of those born blind, and healing of those born paralyzed."

You said God doesn't allow the specific healings you listed. I said I've seen and know of cases in the past months where cancer has been healed, a person blind from birth has been given sight, etc".

I didn't say anything about God not healing cancer. As for those born blind, I am not talking about a temporary blindness. As for raising the dead, you know no one is raising someone dead for four days.

LIFETIME MEMBER
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WeberHome View Post
    -

Rom 12:6-8 . . Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us exercise them: if prophecy, in proportion to the faith; if ministry, in ministering; if one is a teacher, in teaching; if one exhorts, in exhortation; if one contributes, in generosity; if one is over others, with diligence; if one does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.

The koiné Greek word for "gifts" in that passage is charisma (khar'-is-mah). It's the very same word for gifts in 1Cor 12:4, 12:9, 12:28, 12:30 and 12:31.

FYI: The Greek word for "calling" is klesis (klay'-sis). It is nowhere in the 12th chapter of Romans; though it is in the 11th, juxtaposed with charisma.

Rom 11:29 . . God's gifts and his calling are irrevocable.

/
    The gifts of 1 cor 12 are manifestations of the Holy Spirit

The enablements of Romans ch 12 are not in the same way.

LA
    My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't say anything about God not healing cancer. As for those born blind, I am not talking about a temporary blindness. As for raising the dead, you know no one is raising someone dead for four days.
    On cancer, I'm not talking about through treatment or over time. I'm talking about one scan clearly showing it, then after prayer another scan showing it healed. And yes, I'm talking about healing from being born blind. Someone with 3 ruptured discs on one X-ray, then 3 new discs on the next. On the raising from dead, I don't know of anyone being raised after 4 days, but after almost an hour.
    People have come along too late to tell me that the promise God made in Acts 2 (unto as many as the Lord our God shall call) has been revoked

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Re: Rules Governing the Gift Of Tongues

-
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
    The gifts of 1 cor 12 are manifestations of the Holy Spirit The enablements of Romans ch 12 are not in the same way.
    First you claimed that the gifts listed in the 12th chapter of Romans are callings. Now you claim they are enablements. You also claim that they have nothing to do with a manifestation of the Spirit.

Well; if your enablements don't manifest the Spirit, then whom do they manifest? The Devil? But the apostle Paul says they are gifts according to the grace that is given us.(Rom 12:6)

FYI: The koiné Greek word for "calling" is klesis (klay'-sis) which refers to invitations rather than gifts.

/

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was dead for 43 years.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of Elohim: and they that hear shall live."

GT always misses the spiritual aspect.

Wait for the insults...wait...wait...

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WAIT...

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The New Testament is of very special times, to say the least. God through Jesus Christ gives salvation to us, and God testified to the gospel message by the miraculous signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will (Hebrews 2:4; and Acts 14:3).

The gift of tongues is a gift, a sign given, during the laying of the foundation of the church, but the foundation has since been laid (Eph 2:20), so the use for a sign has been given and no longer needed.God already testified to His WORD.
    These scriptures only say that God confirmed His word with signs and wonders. No where does the Bible say that God would ever stop confirming His word that way.
    Yes, we are built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets. That only underscores the fact that it is of utmost importance that our doctrine and "acts" are consistent with theirs.
    It makes absolutely no sense to say "the apostles and prophets are our foundation, so therefore we should have experiences and theology that is different than theirs". Especially when there are those in the modern age that can tell you they've experienced the same Holy Ghost that was poured out at Pentecost.
    I readily admit there are counterfeits, but the real Holy Ghost - the one that was poured out in Acts 2, Acts 8, Acts 19 - is still being poured out.

Over 2000 post club Eagles Wings's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,806 Times in 1,189 Posts

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    I was dead for 43 years.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of Elohim: and they that hear shall live."

GT always misses the spiritual aspect.

Wait for the insults...wait...wait...
    This gave me a good chuckle.

You insult, then taunt.
    Psalm 42:1-2 (KJV)

1 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles Wings View Post
    This gave me a good chuckle.

You insult, then taunt.
    What you call insult I know as spiritual reality.

What you term taunting is actually spiritual judgement.

These matters are of eternal consequence and humor was far from my intention...I hope.

WAIT...

Over 2000 post club Eagles Wings's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,806 Times in 1,189 Posts

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    What you call insult I know as spiritual reality.

What you term taunting is actually spiritual judgement.

These matters are of eternal consequence and humor was far from my intention...I hope.

WAIT...
    No thanks, to all of it.
    Psalm 42:1-2 (KJV)

1 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

Thanks

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On cancer, I'm not talking about through treatment or over time. I'm talking about one scan clearly showing it, then after prayer another scan showing it healed. And yes, I'm talking about healing from being born blind. Someone with 3 ruptured discs on one X-ray, then 3 new discs on the next. On the raising from dead, I don't know of anyone being raised after 4 days, but after almost an hour.
    People have come along too late to tell me that the promise God made in Acts 2 (unto as many as the Lord our God shall call) has been revoked

You have already been told more than once. I said God stills gives miracle healings and I am not talking about always through medical treatment.

As for raising the dead after an hour, it is not what I am talking about, for Lazarus was dead for four days, and you know no one has been raised anymore after four days.

Thanks

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WeberHome View Post
    -

First you claimed that the gifts listed in the 12th chapter of Romans are callings. Now you claim they are enablements. You also claim that they have nothing to do with a manifestation of the Spirit.

Well; if your enablements don't manifest the Spirit, then whom do they manifest? The Devil? But the apostle Paul says they are gifts according to the grace that is given us.(Rom 12:6)

FYI: The koiné Greek word for "calling" is klesis (klay'-sis) which refers to invitations rather than gifts.

/
    ...arguing about words that do not matter...Keep reminding God's people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen. 2 Timothy 2:14

Thread Information