Do not just read the word do it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,142 Times in 1,950 Posts

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
    Are you okay? Where in that video is proof of speaking in tongues?
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

Thanks

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    How amusing! LA asked for scriptures and all you have is your opinion.

Guess what!

Your opinions do not negate the commandments of God.

Although like one of the Pharisees you trangress the commandments of God by your opinions
    I explained the scriptures to you. You didn't even know those things about tongues until I told you.

LIFETIME MEMBER
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Are you okay? Where in that video is proof of speaking in tongues?
    It is in this one--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSUGkuzdjmk
    My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

Down there with them spiders musterion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,956 Times in 8,798 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Video. Post it.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

C. H. Mackintosh

Thanks

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange how the kundalini experience if is from India, just like your supposed healing videos.
    All your videos of 'proof' are from India.

You are a lost demon possessed person for sure/

LIFETIME MEMBER
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strange how the kundalini experience if is from India, just like your supposed healing videos.
    All your videos of 'proof' are from India.

You are a lost demon possessed person for sure/

Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
    Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
    My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

Thanks

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
    Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
    Your copycat speaking in tongues is not from God.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I explained the scriptures to you. You didn't even know those things about tongues until I told you.
    Well, your explanation is at best feeble, but more honestly, private interpretation with no basis in reality.

You might not choose to speak in tongues but God is deeply desirous for those who worship him in spirit and in truth. John 4:23-24

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Speaking in tongues is worshipping in spirit and in truth.
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

LIFETIME MEMBER
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your copycat speaking in tongues is not from God.
    Here I found it--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omJ64XuEnMo

Thanks

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not checking out any more of your links.

Thanks

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, your explanation is at best feeble, but more honestly, private interpretation with no basis in reality.

You might not choose to speak in tongues but God is deeply desirous for those who worship him in spirit and in truth. John 4:23-24

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Speaking in tongues is worshipping in spirit and in truth.
    Not your fake tongues.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not your fake tongues.
    Why not believe what Jesus taught, as I showed you in a previous post, that although earthly fathers being evil know how to give good gifts to their children, how much more will our heavenly Father give the holy spirit to them that ask him?

Speaking in tongues is good and genuine and comes from the heavenly Father as part of the gift of holy spirit from our God and Father who is the Holy Spirit.

God does not give that which is counterfeit or impure.

He gave to us of His spirit. I John 4:13 and we manifest it in the nine ways listed in I Corinthians 12

Who ever talked you out of speaking in tongues did a great disservice to God and to you and to whoever else would have benefited from your spiritual actions.
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Re: Rules Governing The Gift Of Tongues

-
    1Cor 14:1 . . Eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy.

The koiné Greek word for "prophecy" is propheteuo (prof-ate-yoo'-o) which primarily means to foretell events, but it also means to speak under inspiration; for example: Old Testament's prophets spoke under inspiration about Christ. (1Pet 1:10-11)

Abel was a prophet (Luke 11:50-51) and so was Abraham (Gen 20:7). I think it's fairly safe to assume that both of those men, at some time in their lives, spoke under inspiration about Christ. (cf. John 8:56)

Modern prophets speak under inspiration about Christ. (Rev 19:10)

Speaking under inspiration about Christ is far and away more valuable than the gift of tongues, for example:

1Cor 14:22-25 . . If the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and some who do not understand or some unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind? But if an unbeliever or someone who does not understand comes in while everybody is prophesying, he will be convinced by all that he is a sinner and will be judged by all, and the secrets of his heart will be laid bare. So he will fall down and worship God, exclaiming, "God is really among you!"

In other words: tonguers can actually drive people away from Christ.

John 6:44 . . No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him

The Father's primary tool of choice for drawing people to Christ isn't tongues, no, it's prophecy;

1Cor 1:21 . . It pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Noah was a preacher (2Pet 2:5). Had enough of the antediluvians listened to him, they might have averted the Flood. (In Noah's day the gift of tongues wasn't necessary because the whole earth spoke the same language.)

In the very early days of Jesus' church, tonguers were useful to Christ for propagating his message because people heard the tonguers speaking honest to gosh, real-life languages that audiences understood. But in our day and age, tonguers typically don't speak honest to gosh real-life languages but instead blather. As a result, tonguers are looked upon with the same disdain as those that hurl themselves in the aisle, faint, scream, shout, and/or dance with rattlesnakes.

In other words: tonguers are usually dismissed as kooks. Well; not too many sensible people care to accommodate kooks so I highly recommend speaking about Christ with an intelligible language. Here in my country, English is a good choice because most people can understand it without requiring the services of a translator.

/

Thanks

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not believe what Jesus taught, as I showed you in a previous post, that although earthly fathers being evil know how to give good gifts to their children, how much more will our heavenly Father give the holy spirit to them that ask him?

Speaking in tongues is good and genuine and comes from the heavenly Father as part of the gift of holy spirit from our God and Father who is the Holy Spirit.

God does not give that which is counterfeit or impure.

He gave to us of His spirit. I John 4:13 and we manifest it in the nine ways listed in I Corinthians 12

Who ever talked you out of speaking in tongues did a great disservice to God and to you and to whoever else would have benefited from your spiritual actions.
    I already told you that God revealed the truth to me.

I am not taught by mere men, as you can see by my explaining scriptures like no other you have read before.

The gift is the Holy Spirit.

The gift of tongues is not a gift given anymore.

You even go against the scriptures when you make it as if speaking in tongues was given to all the saved.

Thread Information