Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Rules Governing The Gift Of Tongues

-
    1Cor 14:39 . .Do not forbid speaking in tongues.

That rule applies only to people who actually have the gift of tongues because according to Rom 12:4, 1Cor 12:10-11, 1Cor 12:29-30, and 1Cor 14:5 not everyone does.

/

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,769 Times in 2,544 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you Odë:hgöd at CARM?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-
    Quote Originally Posted by serpentdove View Post
    Are you Odë:hgöd at CARM?
    I are.

/

All I want is God's Truth God's Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,646 Times in 1,500 Posts

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WeberHome View Post
    -

That rule applies only to people who actually have the gift of tongues because according to Rom 12:4, 1Cor 12:10-11, 1Cor 12:29-30, and 1Cor 14:5 not everyone does.

/
    Tongues ceased after the laying of the foundation.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Re: Rules Governing The Gift Of Tongues

-
    According to Acts 2:4-11, the gift of tongues is supposed to enable the giftees to be heard in a variety of honest to gosh, real-life languages.

/
    Last edited by WeberHome; May 7th, 2017 at 11:10 AM.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    I seriously doubt that 1Cor 13:8 has reference to the gift of tongues; rather, to the Tower Of Babel (Gen 11:9).

Today's world is an imperfect world. When the perfect world is set up as per the 21st chapter of Revelation; then the language barrier will come to an end and the whole world will once again be unified with one language and one speech. (Gen 11:1)

/

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,769 Times in 2,544 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -

I are.

/

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 957 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serpentdove View Post
    Hey, are you tongue speaker too?

Thanks

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -

I seriously doubt that 1Cor 13:8 has reference to the gift of tongues; rather, to the Tower Of Babel (Gen 11:9).

Today's world is an imperfect world. When the perfect world is set up as per the 21st chapter of Revelation; then the language barrier will come to an end and the whole world will once again be unified with one language and one speech. (Gen 11:1)

As for the statement in 1 Corinthians 13:10, “but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears”, nowadays tongue speakers claim that tongue speaking will not cease until Jesus comes again. However, that scripture does not say tongues will not stop until Jesus comes again. That scripture is about Jesus coming the first time.
    The prophets in the Old Testament prophesied about Jesus, and prophets in the New Testament prophesied about our salvation. This is what Paul says, “…where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.”

When you only have prophesy in part, because the prophecy has not yet been fulfilled, or more prophecy is needed, it is imperfect, it is imperfect because the prophesy is in “part” or not yet fulfilled. However, when there is fulfillment of prophecy or more prophecy for what we need to know, then we have full understanding, so then, it is perfect and, that which is perfect is come. The Old Testament believers waited a long time for God to reveal Jesus to us, and now finally, from the Bible, we see that God has revealed Jesus, in the New Testament, the perfect has come. The Bible has everything we need to know for salvation. It is perfect. The New Testament is the “perfect law” given to us, James 1:25. The apostles from the New Testament received all the truth we need to guide us to eternal life, and they wrote this down in the Scriptures: John 16:13; 2 Peter 1:3; Acts 20:20, 27; Matthew 28:20; I Corinthians 14:37; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17; Romans 16:25-27.

We do not need anyone's tongue speaking to know more things about God's Truth, we have the Bible, and it is finished.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,556 Times in 5,047 Posts

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Oh my goodness. You posted something factual. Now, it is possible you have done so in the past, I don't read all of your posts. You are correct. They prophesied in part and they have no knowledge in part. And that ends when with the full revelation.

Think of it this way. Jimmy Swaggart would not need an interpreter if he truly had the gift of tongues, which is not for believers, but unbelievers.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Eagles Wings (May 12th, 2017),God's Truth (May 7th, 2017),Tambora (May 7th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 32,446 Times in 20,662 Posts

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

-
    According to Acts 2:4-11, the gift of tongues is supposed to enable the giftees to be heard in a variety of real, honest to gosh languages.

/
    Yeppers.

I make the alligators look tame.
    A wretched, spiteful, straight-razor totin' woman.
    Lord have mercy.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Re: Rules Governing The Gift Of Tongues

-
    1Cor 14:27a . . If anyone speaks in a tongue, two-- or at the most three --should speak; one at a time

People with the gift of tongues are not permitted to speak all at the same time like a mob of howling political activists. That just simply isn't permitted in church.

1Cor 14:23 . . So if the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and some who do not understand, or some unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind?

One of the reasons why I get so annoyed by talk shows like Kathy Lee Gifford and Hoda Kodb, and ABC's The View is because everyone talks all at once like a bunch of undisciplined dogs barking and yapping in a kennel. And the way they interrupt each other back and forth before the other can even finish a sentence is one of the very things we teach children not to do. You'd think those supposedly mature adults grew up without supervision the way they conduct themselves in a conversation.

People with the gift of tongues are to take turns; speaking one at a time, rather than an entire congregation of tonguers barking and yapping like dogs in a kennel whenever they "feel the Spirit" moving them.

FYI: The fruit of the Spirit is self control (Gal 5:23). People claiming to feel the Spirit really ought not to behave like a cage full of excited monkeys.

1 Cor 14:33 . . For God is not a God of disorder but of calm.

/

Thanks

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    Oh my goodness. You posted something factual. Now, it is possible you have done so in the past, I don't read all of your posts. You are correct. They prophesied in part and they have no knowledge in part. And that ends when with the full revelation.

Think of it this way. Jimmy Swaggart would not need an interpreter if he truly had the gift of tongues, which is not for believers, but unbelievers.
    Thank you Nick. I am so glad that there are beliefs we share in common.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

Eagles Wings (May 12th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You would be blaspheming and interrupting the Holy Spirit. Back then, it could get you your last breath on the spot. There are no "tongues" today.

8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Tambora (May 7th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

22 Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe.

Paul has to conclude and say "therefore" because some phony will claim tongues that you don't understand is a private prayer devotional language. Or some other mumbo-jumbo.

Titus 1

Ephesians 5

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Tambora (May 7th, 2017)

Thread Information