User Tag List

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 536

Thread: MAD is a lie and is proved to be a lie from scripture !

  1. #16
    Over 4000 post club dodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,649
    Thanks
    1,192
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 841 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    152247
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi and it was fast , like I don't know ?

    You never have answered , so who are you KIDDING ?

    #1 How was Paul saved with verses as proof ?

    #2 How were you saved , with verses as proof ?

    There are verses , YOU KNOW !!

    Paul was the PATTERN in 1 Tim 1:16 , so what was the PATTERN ??

    You all can prove there was a Pentecost OTHER WISE don't ask is what I see !!

    dan p
    dan, I am not playing into your deception.

    FYI, I follow and trust Jesus. Guess what one can be saved hearing Just what the OT scriptures teaches having NEVER even having heard of Paul, and that is according to scripture.


    14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;


    dan , there was no New Testament when 2 Timothy was written so Paul made reference to the OLD TESTAMENT, and Paul said there was more than enough of the "gospel" in the OT to lead one to Christ Jesus and salvation.

    15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

    16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

    Paul did NOT say follow my letters and IGNORE Jesus and all of the other Apostles that is uniquely MAD and it is a lie.

    17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
    Heb 4:2
    For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to dodge For Your Post:

    meshak (May 3rd, 2017)

  3. #17
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,316
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 653 Times in 483 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    202742
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    dan, I am not playing into your deception.

    FYI, I follow and trust Jesus. Guess what one can be saved hearing Just what the OT scriptures teaches having NEVER even having heard of Paul, and that is according to scripture.


    14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;


    dan , there was no New Testament when 2 Timothy was written so Paul made reference to the OLD TESTAMENT, and Paul said there was more than enough of the "gospel" in the OT to lead one to Christ Jesus and salvation.

    15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

    16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

    Paul did NOT say follow my letters and IGNORE Jesus and all of the other Apostles that is uniquely MAD and it is a lie.

    17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

    Hi and you always BLEND what Paul has said when it PLEASES YOU , WHY ??

    Paul has said that the Jesus ministry was on HOLD as a VAIL / COVERED all Jews until now as written in 2 Cor 3:14 and 15 and IF I ask you how Jews are saved today as verse 16 implies , you have NO ANSWER , why is that ??
    You are very HIP if a question is on Pentecost or Water Baptism and any thing else in ONE through Ten you score a big ZERO !!

    dan p

  4. #18
    Over 4000 post club dodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,649
    Thanks
    1,192
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 841 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    152247
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi and you always BLEND what Paul has said when it PLEASES YOU , WHY ??

    Paul has said that the Jesus ministry was on HOLD as a VAIL / COVERED all Jews until now as written in 2 Cor 3:14 and 15 and IF I ask you how Jews are saved today as verse 16 implies , you have NO ANSWER , why is that ??
    You are very HIP if a question is on Pentecost or Water Baptism and any thing else in ONE through Ten you score a big ZERO !!

    dan p
    I quote scripture and all you do is twist ! Are you related to Chubby Checker ?

    You are so deceived where to begin again ?

    Peter preached the same Gospel as Paul and you not being able to see that when I have just given you the scriptures from 2 Timothy where no less than Paul said it just shows how deep your deception runs.

    I truly feel sorry for you dan and I will pray that Almighty God free your heart to receive His truth, open your ears to hear His word, and open your eyes to see the light of Jesus !
    Heb 4:2
    For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to dodge For Your Post:

    meshak (May 3rd, 2017)

  6. #19
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,316
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 653 Times in 483 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    202742
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    I quote scripture and all you do is twist ! Are you related to Chubby Checker ?

    You are so deceived where to begin again ?

    Peter preached the same Gospel as Paul and you not being able to see that when I have just given you the scriptures from 2 Timothy where no less than Paul said it just shows how deep your deception runs.

    I truly feel sorry for you dan and I will pray that Almighty God free your heart to receive His truth, open your ears to hear His word, and open your eyes to see the light of Jesus !

    Hi and you did not answer my respond and take all the prayers going my way , BUT how did I twist 2 Cor 3:14-16 ??

    Lets clear the AIR ?

    dan p

  7. #20
    Over 4000 post club dodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,649
    Thanks
    1,192
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 841 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    152247
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi and you did not answer my respond and take all the prayers going my way , BUT how did I twist 2 Cor 3:14-16 ??

    Lets clear the AIR ?

    dan p
    dan, ONE thing at a time you jump around to much !

    This thread is about Peter preaching the same as Paul as Paul himself said:

    “3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.” (1 Peter 1 KJ)

    In what Peter said in the those verses you have :

    1. The D.B.R.
    2. Salvation
    3. Salvation by faith in Jesus.
    Heb 4:2
    For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to dodge For Your Post:

    meshak (May 3rd, 2017)

  9. #21
    LIFETIME MEMBER
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,989
    Thanks
    470
    Thanked 836 Times in 699 Posts

    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    124186
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Are you saying that the gospel mentioned in the following verse is the same gospel which Paul mentioned at 1 Corinthians 15:1-4?:

    "And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where" (Lk.9;6).

    Since the twelve did not even know that the Lord Jesus was going to die until later (Lk.18:33-34) it is obvious that the gospel which they were preaching was not the same one found at 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

    So are you saying that the Tweleve were accursed for preaching the gospel which they did at Luke 9:6?
    There is only one Gospel of Christ.

    Jesus sent His disciples at the first to preach the end result of the Gospel and later sent them to preach the means of its fulfillment.

    LA
    My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

  10. #22
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    14,234
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8,031 Times in 5,948 Posts

    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147806
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
    There is only one Gospel of Christ.


    LA
    True, idiot, but there is more than one piece of good news/gospel in the book, and the good nerws/gospel being discussed, is not always centering around the dbr. The gospel of Christ, 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, is not equivalent to the gospel/good news of the kingdom, which the 12, including Judas preached, moron.

    Of course, you are just too stupid/satanic to "get" that, not even knowing what the term "gospel" means. My evidence? You.


    Get saved, Christ rejector.

    Moron.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
    Jesus sent His disciples at the first to preach the end result of the Gospel and later sent them to preach the means of its fulfillment.
    The Lord Jesus Christ sent the 12, including Judas, idiot, to preach the gospel of the kingdom, which was void of the dbr, and they did not preach the gospel of Christ of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV-the dbr was hid from them, prior to its fulfillment.


    Idiot.
    Saint John W

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    Tambora (May 15th, 2017)

  12. #23
    Down there with them spiders musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    19,090
    Thanks
    3,057
    Thanked 14,598 Times in 8,664 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147720
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    Mad holds that only Paul received and preached the gospel of grace
    No, in your opening post you said right off that the problem is,

    YOU can slice and dice Jesus up and remove Him from His own Gospel
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

    C. H. Mackintosh


  13. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

    Tambora (May 15th, 2017)

  14. #24
    TOL Legend drbrumley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,479
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 1,121 Times in 783 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    325887
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    dan, ONE thing at a time you jump around to much !

    This thread is about Peter preaching the same as Paul as Paul himself said:

    “3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.” (1 Peter 1 KJ)

    In what Peter said in the those verses you have :

    1. The D.B.R.
    2. Salvation
    3. Salvation by faith in Jesus.
    Well, I'm MAD I guess...so as a MAD, let me tell you what MAD believes... no one has been saved by his own works; that salvation in every dispensation has been by God's grace,

    You may be misunderstanding MAD. I will grant you there are exceptions to this. There are those (even on this board)that are dogmatic in saying there are many gospels, just as you are dogmatic in contending that there is but one....

    If you care to discuss it with me further, I would be glad to have a pleasant conversation about it.

    I do think the main issue is the word "gospel." We can start there if you wish
    Contrary to what many Americans seem to think, the document we now call "the Constitution" and the Declaration of Independence are not pretty much the same thing or "connected in spirit," or "two sides of the same coin." The two documents were written by two different groups of people at two different times to accomplish two totally different goals.

  15. #25
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,316
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 653 Times in 483 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    202742
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    dan, ONE thing at a time you jump around to much !

    This thread is about Peter preaching the same as Paul as Paul himself said:

    “3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.” (1 Peter 1 KJ)

    In what Peter said in the those verses you have :

    1. The D.B.R.
    2. Salvation
    3. Salvation by faith in Jesus.

    Hi and IF you believe in one gospel THEN explain how one is saved in a one gospel and explain what that one gospel means !!

    What is the ONE PATTERN of salvation , like 1 Tim 1:16 explains !!

    If you can explain how Paul was saved !!

    If you can say how you were saved , I will esplain a person is SAVED TODAY !!

    If you can not , say so and then I will explain HOW !!

    dan p

  16. #26
    Over 4000 post club dodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,649
    Thanks
    1,192
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 841 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    152247
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    No, in your opening post you said right off that the problem is,
    That is EXACTLY what MAD does and gives the credit of proclaiming the gospel to Paul when Jesus and other Apostles preached the same gospel.

    MAD removes Jesus from His own gospels and encourages folks to study Paul and relegates Jesus to being for Israel only, which is a lie.

    MAD IGNORES the other Apostles and says study Paul's letters when Paul says ALL scripture is profitable for etc 2 Tim.3 where he also shows that Peter preached the Gospel of grace which those in MAD deny.

    MAD as a foundation is a foundation of lies i.e. sand.
    Heb 4:2
    For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

  17. #27
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,316
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 653 Times in 483 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    202742
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    That is EXACTLY what MAD does and gives the credit of proclaiming the gospel to Paul when Jesus and other Apostles preached the same gospel.

    MAD removes Jesus from His own gospels and encourages folks to study Paul and relegates Jesus to being for Israel only, which is a lie.

    MAD IGNORES the other Apostles and says study Paul's letters when Paul says ALL scripture is profitable for etc 2 Tim.3 where he also shows that Peter preached the Gospel of grace which those in MAD deny.

    MAD as a foundation is a foundation of lies i.e. sand.

    Hi and explain post #25 !!


    The good thing for me is that I have sharpened my skills , becuase of people like you , good thing for me !!

    dan p

  18. #28
    Over 4000 post club dodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,649
    Thanks
    1,192
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 841 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    152247
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    Well, I'm MAD I guess...so as a MAD, let me tell you what MAD believes... no one has been saved by his own works; that salvation in every dispensation has been by God's grace,

    You may be misunderstanding MAD. I will grant you there are exceptions to this. There are those (even on this board)that are dogmatic in saying there are many gospels, just as you are dogmatic in contending that there is but one....

    If you care to discuss it with me further, I would be glad to have a pleasant conversation about it.

    I do think the main issue is the word "gospel." We can start there if you wish
    Lets start with what ALL the Apostles preached ! I have been told by those in MAD that only Paul preached and revealed the mystery. Paul says that aint so as in here:


    “3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.” (1 Peter 1 KJ)

    In what Peter said in the those verses you have :

    1. The D.B.R.
    2. Salvation
    3. Salvation by faith in Jesus.


    Which is the very same gospel that Paul preached.
    Heb 4:2
    For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

  19. #29
    TOL Legend drbrumley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,479
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 1,121 Times in 783 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    325887
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    Lets start with what ALL the Apostles preached ! I have been told by those in MAD that only Paul preached and revealed the mystery. Paul says that aint so as in here:


    “3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.” (1 Peter 1 KJ)

    In what Peter said in the those verses you have :

    1. The D.B.R.
    2. Salvation
    3. Salvation by faith in Jesus.


    Which is the very same gospel that Paul preached.
    Ok....great. Great passage. Peter in fact did preach the same message as Paul at the time of this writing. Now we have that settled...
    Contrary to what many Americans seem to think, the document we now call "the Constitution" and the Declaration of Independence are not pretty much the same thing or "connected in spirit," or "two sides of the same coin." The two documents were written by two different groups of people at two different times to accomplish two totally different goals.

  20. #30
    Over 4000 post club dodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,649
    Thanks
    1,192
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 841 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    152247
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    Ok....great. Great passage. Peter in fact did preach the same message as Paul at the time of this writing. Now we have that settled...
    lol,I have been told repeatedly by those in MAD that Peter and Paul preached different gospels. You sure you're MAD ?
    Heb 4:2
    For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us