Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: creation vs evolution

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    The universe did not just happen. It is mathematically impossible for all this to have happened by chance. Actually looking at how precisely math defines physical laws, does chance exist?
    Closest i can think of is entropy i guess according to thermodynamics... But the Universe is NOT a disordely place ...Man has sent men to the moon and various space apparatus into space based on a PRECISE set of laws. No law no man in space its really that simple. And yet chance was the apparent result of the Universe, life etc...A system of laws that created themself according to evolutionists and exponents of the Big Bang theory.....
    John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god. 2 This one was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence".

Thanks
    Thanked 7,878 Times in 5,267 Posts

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonahdog View Post
    Interplanner, no thanks on creationwiki. the stupid found there hurts.
    In other words, you have no rebuttal.

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCaleb View Post
    Closest i can think of is entropy i guess according to thermodynamics... But the Universe is NOT a disordely place ...Man has sent men to the moon and various space apparatus into space based on a PRECISE set of laws. No law no man in space its really that simple. And yet chance was the apparent result of the Universe, life etc...A system of laws that created themself according to evolutionists and exponents of the Big Bang theory.....
    Really, the universe is an orderly place? Novas, supernovas, colliding galaxies, black holes, quantum physics. Mostly there is a lot of chaos. Earthquakes, tornadoes, etc.
    Yes there are certain laws of physics and without them we would likely not be here, but that does not mean it was all created by your deity in particular or any deity at all. It happened, we are here. Maybe it is just dumb luck.
    As far as oatmeal's post, the chance of us being here is 100%.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Einstein called it the privileged planet when he saw what happened during a solar eclipse and then Gonzales and _____ saw the same thing in 94 in India, and that's why they became Christians and made the film THE PRIVILEGED PLANET. It was designed to be OBSERVED as designed.

Speaking of films, how are you doing on GENESIS AS HISTORY which is now on DVD after doing well in theater?
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    Well, Einstein called it the privileged planet when he saw what happened during a solar eclipse and then Gonzales and _____ saw the same thing in 94 in India, and that's why they became Christians and made the film THE PRIVILEGED PLANET. It was designed to be OBSERVED as designed.

Speaking of films, how are you doing on GENESIS AS HISTORY which is now on DVD after doing well in theater?
    Never saw that movie, don't intend to.
    Where is the Einstein statement? Citation to the source please.

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    In other words, you have no rebuttal.
    No, I dont think creation wiki is a source worth anyone's time. Pick up a basic text in biology, geology or astronomy if you are looking to rebut creationwiki.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really, the universe is an orderly place? Novas, supernovas, colliding galaxies, black holes, quantum physics. Earthquakes, tornadoes, etc.
    None of that indicates disorder. They're not random abberations. They happen for a reason. You should familiarise yourself with your subject matter as it doesnt seem to me you know very little about the topic.
    John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god. 2 This one was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence".

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCaleb View Post
    None of that indicates disorder. They're not random abberations. They happen for a reason. You should familiarise yourself with your subject matter as it doesnt seem to me you know very little about the topic.
    So does everything happen for a reason?

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never saw that movie, don't intend to.
    Where is the Einstein statement? Citation to the source please.

Don't intend to? Oh, I thought I was dealing with an curious and open mind. I'd need to know more about you before talking further. You sounded open and curious so far.

As far as I know the Einstein quote is in THE PRIVILEGED PLANET because Gonzales and Richards then realized they were looking at the same feature that Al saw when he observed a solar eclipse. All I can give you from here is the PP link.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video...&hsimp=yhs-awc

That's the 1 hr 32 min version, the longest listed.

It counters the 'mediocrity principle' which of course is logically in conflict with Genesis.

One citation of Einstein is in the 34th but not this particular expression.
    Last edited by Interplanner; May 7th, 2017 at 08:29 AM.

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect Einstein said no such thing, and if he did it was taken out of context. But why don't you try to track it down.

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interplanner, I sent you a private message.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interplanner, I sent you a private message.

Yes, private message found.

That quote from Einstein in PP was from that section during their observations of the 1995 N India solar eclipse. A part of relativity was shown to be true by the view of stars in the low atmosphere of the sun with the sun's light blocked.

It is not out of context at all. I'm sorry but I thought you were a more reasonable person.

"God does not play dice with the universe"--Einstein, in Schaeffer HOW SHOULD WE THEN LIVE?

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    Yes, private message found.

That quote from Einstein in PP was from that section during their observations of the 1995 N India solar eclipse. A part of relativity was shown to be true by the view of stars in the low atmosphere of the sun with the sun's light blocked.

It is not out of context at all. I'm sorry but I thought you were a more reasonable person.

"God does not play dice with the universe"--Einstein, in Schaeffer HOW SHOULD WE THEN LIVE?
    I asked for a citation to the Einstein quote, not to PP. Where did Einstein say that, where is it recorded?
    I've read Francis Schaeffer and since I don't accept his theology, I don't care what he wrote.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I asked for a citation to the Einstein quote, not to PP. Where did Einstein say that, where is it recorded?
    I've read Francis Schaeffer and since I don't accept his theology, I don't care what he wrote.

Well, Einstein did a whole study on what we should be able to see with a light-blocked sun during an eclipse that he said would prove relativity.

I think there has been a misunderstanding re the dice quote in Schaeffer. Schaeffer's theology wouldn't have anything to do with the source nor provenance of Einstein; the quote is not something Schaeffer wrote. It is simply that it is quoted there, but I don't know where Einstein said it originally.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought before you were too dismissive of PP you might want some credentials; the people interviewed are from NASA, JPL, U Iowa, UCalSB, etc.

Thread Information