Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: The Real Problem With Religion

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The Bible clearly teaches that salvation is a free gift from God. There is no scripture that says that he imposes salvation on anyone. If he did that he would not be just. You have twisted the scriptures to say something that it does not say.

Your problem is that you aren't able to hear [comprehend, understand] the scriptures, which are God's Words, because you are not [born] of God John 8:43, 47.

The free gift of Salvation was reckoned, in the Mind of God, upon those whom He had Chosen In Union with Christ before the foundation to have forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:4-7. So it has nothing to do with an imposition, or an offering to them to accept or reject, but was Given to His Election of Grace [Christ's Seed Is. 53:10] in their Surety and Saviour Heb. 7:22; Is. 53:6 before the World began 2 Tim. 1:9 based on the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant of Grace Rev. 13:8; Heb. 13:20.

John 17:1-2
    1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

These are the same "many" [Election of Grace] that the Gift of Eternal Life has abounded unto:

Rom. 5:15
    But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,165 Times in 985 Posts

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    Your problem is that you aren't able to hear [comprehend, understand] the scriptures, which are God's Words, because you are not [born] of God John 8:43, 47.

The free gift of Salvation was reckoned, in the Mind of God, upon those whom He had Chosen In Union with Christ before the foundation to have forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:4-7. So it has nothing to do with an imposition, or an offering to them to accept or reject, but was Given to His Election of Grace [Christ's Seed Is. 53:10] in their Surety and Saviour Heb. 7:22; Is. 53:6 before the World began 2 Tim. 1:9 based on the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant of Grace Rev. 13:8; Heb. 13:20.

John 17:1-2
    1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

These are the same "many" [Election of Grace] that the Gift of Eternal Life has abounded unto:

Rom. 5:15
    But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

God does not impose salvation, if he did that he would be unjust.

There is no scripture anywhere in the Bible that says that he does.

The fact that you believe that he does is what is going to cook your goose.

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God does not impose salvation, if he did that he would be unjust.

There is no scripture anywhere in the Bible that says that he does.

The fact that you believe that he does is what is going to cook your goose.

Pate, you are Lost, and blinded to the scriptures 2 Cor 4:3-4 by God's Design Job 23:13-14!

The free gift of Salvation was Given John 3:27 to all God's Elect Children Eph. 1:4-5, His Election of Grace Rom. 11:5.

What an unspeakable Blessing indeed He has given them according to the riches of His Grace Eph. 1:7!

2 Tim. 1:8-9
    8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Praise the Lord for His Grace given to all His Elect in Christ: God's Adopted Children 2 Tim. 1:9!

Rom. 8:33
    Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The terrible things that you believe about God and his Son Jesus Christ is what is going to cook your goose in the judgment.

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The terrible things that you believe about God and his Son Jesus Christ is what is going to cook your goose in the judgment.

Those are words of a spiritually dead man.

John 3:3
    Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again [anew; from above], he cannot see [know, be acquainted with, and experience ]the kingdom of God.

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are words of a spiritually dead man.

John 3:3
    Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again [anew; from above], he cannot see [know, be acquainted with, and experience ]the kingdom of God.

You will not be saved because you believe that God is an unjust tyrant that delights in sending people to hell. That is not saving faith, yet that is what you continue to teach.

To say that Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world is blasphemy against Jesus and the Holy Spirit. The reason that Jesus is Lord is because God accepted him back into him and seated him at his own right hand, Hebrews 1:3. Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, just like the Bible says. Unless you repent you will perish.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats more terrible than you saying that sinners Christ died for are still lost ? Why such a saying deprives Christ of His Saving Blood, which is Blasphemy !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Whats more terrible than you saying that sinners Christ died for are still lost ? Why such a saying deprives Christ of His Saving Blood, which is Blasphemy !

Amen Brother! Pate is guilty of blasphemy against the efficaciousness of Christ's Blood to Save those it was shed for.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

beloved57 (May 15th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amen Brother! Pate is guilty of blasphemy against the efficaciousness of Christ's Blood to Save those it was shed for.
    No he is not. He's guilty of being weak and carnal enough to go on debating this showing a lack of confidence in his own thinking. Much like 57. Get over it. These guys keep insulting one another in the name of God. That is what it means to take God's name in vain. When you insult others in God's name.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    No he is not. He's guilty of being weak and carnal enough to go on debating this showing a lack of confidence in his own thinking. Much like 57. Get over it. These guys keep insulting one another in the name of God. That is what it means to take God's name in vain. When you insult others in God's name.

This is a Forum, every reply even if it is heresy deserves a reply. Others read what is said and they make their own judgments. Truth is learned by comparing what is said by various Forum members. Perhaps this is why much is recorded between Jesus and the Pharisees.

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus shed his blood for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

To not believe this is to believe the great Calvinist lie.

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus shed his blood for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

Those like yourself who are Lost can't believe the Gospel of God's Grace:

That those Christ died for, His Elect, or Sheep John 10:11, 15, or Church Eph. 5:25 were reconciled to God in their Covenant Head and Surety Christ Jesus Heb. 7:22, while they were yet being enemies Is. 53:6; Ps. 32:1-2.

Rom. 5:10
    For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his
    Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Why can't the lost believe this?

Because the True Gospel of God's Grace is hid from them.

2 Cor. 4:3-4
    But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

So to the Lost, the Gospel of God's Electing Grace Eph. 1:4-7 is a savour of death unto death!

2 Cor. 2:14-17
    Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us [Elect] to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place. For we [Elect] are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: To the one we [Elect] are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things? For we [Elect] are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You teach that Christ death alone does not save sinners He died for! That is unbelief!
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those like yourself who are Lost can't believe the Gospel of God's Grace:

That those Christ died for, His Elect, or Sheep John 10:11, 15, or Church Eph. 5:25 were reconciled to God in their Covenant Head and Surety Christ Jesus Heb. 7:22, while they were yet being enemies Is. 53:6; Ps. 32:1-2.

Rom. 5:10
    For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his
    Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Why can't the lost believe this?

Because the True Gospel of God's Grace is hid from them.

2 Cor. 4:3-4
    But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

So to the Lost, the Gospel of God's Electing Grace Eph. 1:4-7 is a savour of death unto death!

2 Cor. 2:14-17
    Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us [Elect] to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place. For we [Elect] are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: To the one we [Elect] are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things? For we [Elect] are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

He's not lost just because he can't fathom election. If that disqualifies a person then I guess the uneducated and mentally ill are totally without hope. Watch yourself!

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    He's not lost just because he can't fathom election. If that disqualifies a person then I guess the uneducated and mentally ill are totally without hope. Watch yourself!

Ignorant statement.

Folks are blinded to the Gospel by satan because they are Lost 2 Cor. 4:3-4.

It's a spiritual condition!

But to them which are saved the Gospel is the Power of God.

2 Tim. 1:8-9
    8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Thread Information