User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 134

Thread: The Real Problem With Religion

  1. #61
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    16,182
    Thanks
    169
    Thanked 701 Times in 670 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    45785
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Not all are going to be saved.
    Simply because, "Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14.
    What you are looking for is a way to be saved by religion. World does mean everyone. Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.
    You teach that sinners Christ died for wont be saved, denying the Saving Power of His Blood ! So you deny Hes the Saviour of the World !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  2. #62
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    9,897
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 988 Times in 830 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    273992
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    You teach that sinners Christ died for wont be saved, denying the Saving Power of His Blood ! So you deny Hes the Saviour of the World !
    There is only one way to be saved and it is not by Calvinism.

  3. #63
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    3,292
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 285 Times in 270 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    21115
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    There is only one way to be saved

    True! According to the scriptures there's only one way to be Saved!

    Eph. 1:3-4
    3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

    4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

    2 Tim. 1:9
    Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

    Titus 3:7
    That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  4. #64
    Over 2500 post club Epoisses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    2,676
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 642 Times in 542 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    71844
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    You teach that sinners Christ died for wont be saved, denying the Saving Power of His Blood ! So you deny Hes the Saviour of the World !
    You teach that Christ didn't even die for sinners. You are anti-christ.

  5. #65
    TOL Subscriber TulipBee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,185
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 576 Times in 458 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    132052

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to TulipBee For Your Post:

    Eagles Wings (May 5th, 2017)

  7. #66
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    9,897
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 988 Times in 830 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    273992
    If he had read the Bible he would have learned that salvation is by faith alone, because it is by Christ alone. What he read was just a few scriptures that gave him the idea that he had been predestinated. He then scrapped all of the other scriptures and chose to believe in Calvinism.

  8. #67
    Over 500 post club fishrovmen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    581
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 136 Times in 100 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    50441
    The real problem with religion is your made up definitions of the word religion.
    You keep coming up with your own definitions of words and expect your readers to know which definition you are using at any moment.
    Omniscience limited
    Prophetic guesses
    Election by observation
    No future yet

  9. #68
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    9,897
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 988 Times in 830 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    273992
    Quote Originally Posted by fishrovmen View Post
    The real problem with religion is your made up definitions of the word religion.
    You keep coming up with your own definitions of words and expect your readers to know which definition you are using at any moment.
    Religion: Man's preoccupation with his owns spirituality, which is himself.

    The big problem with religion is that everyone is a sinner, Romans 3:10. God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners. God only accepts the works and the person of Jesus Christ. Religion is the broad way that leads to hell and many there be that go that way, Matthew 7:13,14.

  10. #69
    Over 500 post club Brother Ducky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    573
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 169 Times in 112 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    140849
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoisses View Post
    Jesus is called the 2nd Adam for a reason.
    Ok, I'll bite---what is the reason?

    And does it account for him being the savior of the world and not the savior of the world at the same time?

  11. #70
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Carmarthenshire
    Posts
    4,708
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 456 Times in 409 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    115236
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoisses View Post
    Jesus is called the 2nd Adam for a reason.
    I recognise that sentence, because I wrote it.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

    "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

    I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

    Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

    I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

  12. #71
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    9,897
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 988 Times in 830 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    273992
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Ducky View Post
    Ok, I'll bite---what is the reason?

    And does it account for him being the savior of the world and not the savior of the world at the same time?
    Your biggest problem is that you don't believe the Bible. The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus is the savior of the whole world. As far as God is concerned, sin, death and the devil have been abolished and Jesus is Lord. 1 John 2:2, Colossians 2:15, Acts 2:36, Hebrews 1:3.

  13. #72
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    3,292
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 285 Times in 270 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    21115
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Your biggest problem is that you don't believe the Bible. The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus is the savior of the whole world. As far as God is concerned, sin, death and the devil have been abolished and Jesus is Lord. 1 John 2:2, Colossians 2:15, Acts 2:36, Hebrews 1:3.

    What about the world of the cursed goats Mat. 25:41?
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  14. #73
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    9,897
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 988 Times in 830 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    273992
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    What about the world of the cursed goats Mat. 25:41?
    The Bible does not say that there is a world of cursed goats. The cursed goats are those that have rejected God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided by Jesus Christ, Romans 5:18.

    "Even so by the righteousness of one (Christ) the FREE GIFT came upon ALL MEN unto justification of life"

    If you reject the free gift of salvation you will perish as a goat.

  15. #74
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    3,292
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 285 Times in 270 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    21115
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The Bible does not say that there is a world of cursed goats. The cursed goats are those that have rejected God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided by Jesus Christ, Romans 5:18.

    "Even so by the righteousness of one (Christ) the FREE GIFT came upon ALL MEN unto justification of life"

    If you reject the free gift of salvation you will perish as a goat.


    God has from everlasting already determined those who would receive eternal life [Sheep John 10:11, 15: Vessels of His Mercy Rom. 9:23.

    And those which he prepared to be destroyed Prov. 16:4; [goats, Mat. 25:41]: Vessels of His Wrath prepared for destruction Rom. 9:22.

    That being said, a person's own works of the flesh in accepting or rejecting anything, plays no part in their salvation at all!

    It's all God's Choosing: Not the choosing or works of the created thing Job 23:13; Dan. 4:35.


    2 Tim. 1:8-9

    8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

    9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  16. #75
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    9,897
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 988 Times in 830 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    273992
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    God has from everlasting already determined those who would receive eternal life [Sheep John 10:11, 15: Vessels of His Mercy Rom. 9:23.

    And those which he prepared to be destroyed Prov. 16:4; [goats, Mat. 25:41]: Vessels of His Wrath prepared for destruction Rom. 9:22.

    That being said, a person's own works of the flesh in accepting or rejecting anything, plays no part in their salvation at all!

    It's all God's Choosing: Not the choosing or works of the created thing Job 23:13; Dan. 4:35.


    2 Tim. 1:8-9

    8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

    9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

    The Bible clearly teaches that salvation is a free gift from God. There is no scripture that says that he imposes salvation on anyone. If he did that he would not be just. You have twisted the scriptures to say something that it does not say.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us