Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Problem With Religion

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    God did not do a secret thing in his Son Jesus Christ. What he did he did for the whole world to see and believe.

No response to Christ and his Gospel is a response that will send you to hell.
    You teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost, that says His Death alone does not save.

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Over 500 post club Brother Ducky's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoisses View Post
    The same way John and Paul both said he was that you reject.
    Oh, now you make sense. He saves the elect who come from lots of different places.
    Rev. 7:9-10

9 After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, "Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!"
    ESV

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Brother Ducky For Your Post:

Eagles Wings (April 30th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Ducky View Post
    Oh, now you make sense. He saves the elect who come from lots of different places.
    Rev. 7:9-10

9 After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, "Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!"
    ESV
    All non-Reformed Christians including Protestant, Catholic and Orthodox believe that Christ is the savior of the world. You are the idiot in the fish bowl who's warped ideas of predestination get blown to pieces time after time after time. Lutherans believe that Christ is the savior of the world and there is also an election according to grace (Jews and Gentiles). Calvin was a loser and a narcissistic sycophant.

Thanks

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All non-Reformed Christians including Protestant, Catholic and Orthodox believe that Christ is the savior of the world. You are the idiot in the fish bowl who's warped ideas of predestination get blown to pieces time after time after time. Lutherans believe that Christ is the savior of the world and there is also an election according to grace (Jews and Gentiles). Calvin was a loser and a narcissistic sycophant.
    Reformed folk of course hold that Christ is the savior of the world. He saves Jews and Gentiles.
    We also hold that he is literally the savior of his elect people who come from all nations.

So, if one holds to "world" as being every human being, does one also say that Christ is literally the savior of all human beings? Salvation to be taken in the sense of glorification.

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Reformed folk of course hold that Christ is the savior of the world. He saves Jews and Gentiles.
    We also hold that he is literally the savior of his elect people who come from all nations.

So, if one holds to "world" as being every human being, does one also say that Christ is literally the savior of all human beings? Salvation to be taken in the sense of glorification.
    Let's play dumb, you're so good at it. When Christ is named as the savior of the world it is in reference to his mystical and incarnated body that lived a perfect life, died for all sin and rose from the grave in glory. The heirs of Salvation are a subset of the world i.e. sheep/goats, wheat/tares, elect/non-elect.

Thanks

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's play dumb, you're so good at it. When Christ is named as the savior of the world it is in reference to his mystical and incarnated body that lived a perfect life, died for all sin and rose from the grave in glory. The heirs of Salvation are a subset of the world i.e. sheep/goats, wheat/tares, elect/non-elect.
    So being the savior of the world has nothing to do with the saving of the world?

And if Christ died for all sin, and if not all are saved, hell is filled with sinless damned people?

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,083 Times in 920 Posts

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So being the savior of the world has nothing to do with the saving of the world?

And if Christ died for all sin, and if not all are saved, hell is filled with sinless damned people?
    Jesus is the savior of the whole world. On behalf of humanity, the law has been fulfilled and abolished, Ephesians 2:15. On behalf of humanity the sins of the world have been atoned for, 1 John 2:2. God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. Salvation has been provided for everyone, so that now, "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Thanks

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus is the savior of the whole world. On behalf of humanity, the law has been fulfilled and abolished, Ephesians 2:15. On behalf of humanity the sins of the world have been atoned for, 1 John 2:2. God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. Salvation has been provided for everyone, so that now, "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.
    So being savior of the world means that he saves none, but makes it possible for all to save themselves.
    It comes down to some certain persons are really saved.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You teach that Jesus death doesnt save them He died for, so you deny that Hes the Saviour !

Charles Spurgeon !

11. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (May 2nd, 2017)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    You teach that Jesus death doesnt save them He died for, so you deny that Hes the Saviour !
    Jesus didn't die for you because you have rejected his Gospel.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus didn't die for you because you have rejected his Gospel.
    Now you say that Christ didn't die for someone. You are inconsistent. You said that you believe that Christ died for everyone without exception.

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So being savior of the world means that he saves none, but makes it possible for all to save themselves.
    It comes down to some certain persons are really saved.
    No being the savior of the world means he really saved the world. Spiritual things are spiritually discerned so you're just not spiritual enough.

Thanks

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No being the savior of the world means he really saved the world. Spiritual things are spiritually discerned so you're just not spiritual enough.
    Perhaps. Yet I speech English goodly enough to know that if the world [all people] are really saved, and at the same time some are damned, he is not the savior of the world [all people].

If he is the savior of some gentiles and some Jews from all over the globe, he is indeed the savior of the world, where world does not mean all people.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps. Yet I speech English goodly enough to know that if the world [all people] are really saved, and at the same time some are damned, he is not the savior of the world [all people].

If he is the savior of some gentiles and some Jews from all over the globe, he is indeed the savior of the world, where world does not mean all people.
    Not all are going to be saved.
    Simply because, "Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14.
    What you are looking for is a way to be saved by religion. World does mean everyone. Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jesus is called the 2nd Adam for a reason.

Thread Information