User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 94

Thread: Are you personally culpable for your government's actions?

  1. #1
    Journeyman Saxon Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    175
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 48 Times in 39 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    19556

    Are you personally culpable for your government's actions?

    As a member of the state/country you live in you are part of the system that is currently producing the leaders of your state/country.
    If you have a job and own a home then you will be by necessity a strong part of the society that has produced your leaders.
    If you have received welfare or benefits from your government you have lived because of the society around you.
    Remember also the background of your parents and their parents etc.

    I accept that my government's actions are wrong and that I must try and DO something about it for the blood of 'civilians' and other nationals are a stain on my honor and soul ('God')

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Saxon Hammer For Your Post:

    rexlunae (April 25th, 2017)

  3. #2
    Fiddle Dee Dee Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    38,001
    Thanks
    103,007
    Thanked 31,531 Times in 20,135 Posts

    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148023
    Exodus 15:6 KJV
    (6) Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy.

    I make the alligators look tame.
    A wretched, spiteful, straight-razor totin' woman.
    Lord have mercy.


  4. #3
    Nobody is free when others are oppressed Rusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,381
    Thanks
    8,013
    Thanked 2,583 Times in 1,426 Posts

    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147713
    Only when you vote for someone you know is evil ...
    A strong woman is a woman determined to do something others are determined not be done. ~ Marge Piercy













  5. #4
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    7626
    I am only one vote among millions on election day. I am not personally culpable for my governments actions. The governments members themselves are not held culpable for their actions. Saying the government will be held accountable at the ballot box is a joke. Losing office is accompanied by fantastic compensations. Politicians simply walk away from their mistakes without any comeback for their mistakes.If they are not culpable then neither am I.

  6. #5
    Over 1000 post club WonderfulLordJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,098
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked 319 Times in 254 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    109827
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyStan View Post
    I am only one vote among millions on election day. I am not personally culpable for my governments actions. The governments members themselves are not held culpable for their actions. Saying the government will be held accountable at the ballot box is a joke. Losing office is accompanied by fantastic compensations. Politicians simply walk away from their mistakes without any comeback for their mistakes.If they are not culpable then neither am I.
    True, in terms of being one vote, at least a vote in good conscience. But there’s a difference between seeming not culpable and being not culpable. Wouldn’t you say an unrepentant sinner, consigned to eternal hell, is pretty culpable? Justice delayed is still justice. No unrepentant sinner gets by with anything, God's justice even the ultimate of all justice.

    Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

    Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

    Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

    I have actually thought the opposite of what many people think of these obscenely rich, corrupt cretins, the opposite of envy or resentment, rather strong pity, that they may as well profit all they can and live it up, if it's the world they live for, as this is as good as it's going to get for them, forever, the price they will pay for their corruption beyond huge. They are going to pay an unthinkable price for that mansion, Bentley, getting noticed at cocktail parties and some baubles from Saks. Not being culpable? God's word is clear that's a myth these poor slobs don't get! And they don't believe they will be held accountable, won't believe, until it's too late, and they meet the God of wrath.

    Don't ever think they or any of us have any license, even the believer such a thing as sin unto death and the hard discipline of God, read Hebrews 12. The concept of a believer's free lunch, to sin that grace may abound, easy believism, is also a myth. People who believe God is mocked will learn the hard way, and the worst case of all are those who seem to have died, having gotten by with it. Again, Hebrews 12, the poor bastards, as Hebrews 12:8 puts it in the KJV, who seem to skate through life in evil, didn't even rate discipline, and next stop is hell.

    I know I don't desire one scintilla anything of the damned. Just some food for thought.

  7. #6
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    7626
    Some very hot spicy food too

  8. #7
    Gold level Subscriber kmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    A farm
    Posts
    9,717
    Thanks
    995
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 950 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    994626
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon Hammer View Post
    As a member of the state/country you live in you are part of the system that is currently producing the leaders of your state/country.
    If you have a job and own a home then you will be by necessity a strong part of the society that has produced your leaders.
    If you have received welfare or benefits from your government you have lived because of the society around you.
    Remember also the background of your parents and their parents etc.

    I accept that my government's actions are wrong and that I must try and DO something about it for the blood of 'civilians' and other nationals are a stain on my honor and soul ('God')
    I would say no, if all you have in mind is a vote. I don't think voting makes you personally culpable. If you're saying yes, what does that personal culpability mean? What would being held accountable for it look like?

  9. #8
    Journeyman Saxon Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    175
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 48 Times in 39 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    19556
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderfulLordJesus View Post
    I know I don't desire one scintilla anything of the damned. Just some food for thought.
    This is why moral courage is required to act against the hordes :-)

  10. #9
    Journeyman Saxon Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    175
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 48 Times in 39 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    19556
    Quote Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
    I would say no, if all you have in mind is a vote. I don't think voting makes you personally culpable. If you're saying yes, what does that personal culpability mean? What would being held accountable for it look like?
    No the vote was not mentioned - 'state/country' was and also 'system' which may lead to voting and election thinking. However the 'system' is that of 'consumerism' 'capitalism' 'ownership' etc etc

    I have not mentioned god because it is a problem of man's doings.

    It is the flowing with the current, facing the really real etc etc

    Therefore I have to accept my culpability even though I am just one person in this system. I will find others and hope that we share the same ways.

  11. #10
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    17,204
    Thanks
    863
    Thanked 3,762 Times in 2,860 Posts

    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147677
    Quote Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
    I would say no, if all you have in mind is a vote. I don't think voting makes you personally culpable. If you're saying yes, what does that personal culpability mean? What would being held accountable for it look like?
    town appears to think we are culpable: http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post4982272

    i tried to get his to define his terms but you know how he hates to be nailed down

  12. #11
    Journeyman Saxon Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    175
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 48 Times in 39 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    19556
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    town appears to think we are culpable: http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post4982272

    i tried to get his to define his terms but you know how he hates to be nailed down
    No I have not learnt that much yet as it has only been a few days :-0

    Thanks for the link though, it is much the same, as you said.

  13. #12
    Old Timer DavidK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Michigan, US
    Posts
    417
    Thanks
    244
    Thanked 152 Times in 115 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    35787
    Beyond the vote, how much time have I spent in prayer concerning the country in which I live? How have I reached out with the gospel to the people around me? How often have I lifted up the broken and needy in the Lord Jesus' name?

    Yes, I'm personally culpable. If I was really living like Jesus, 100% according to the sermon on the mount, my heart torn in prayer before the throne of the Father, then I would be blameless for what my government does. I fall far short of that, however.

    Heavenly Father, help Your church be the light of the world. Perfect Jesus, help us be the body we are supposed to be.
    Maranatha!

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DavidK For Your Post:

    Angel4Truth (April 24th, 2017),ok doser (April 24th, 2017)

  15. #13
    Over 1000 post club The Horn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Rochelle,NY.
    Posts
    1,055
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 154 Times in 116 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    85966
    If you voted for Donald Trump, you are responsible for the catastrophe which his administration he and his criminal minions are planning for America .

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to The Horn For Your Post:

    Rusha (April 24th, 2017)

  17. #14
    I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere between heaven and hell
    Posts
    16,040
    Thanks
    21,985
    Thanked 16,230 Times in 10,298 Posts

    Blog Entries
    52
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147709
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horn View Post
    If you voted for Donald Trump, you are responsible for the catastrophe which his administration he and his criminal minions are planning for America .
    If you voted for Bill Clinton and Hillary, you are responsible for the murders of countless babies and the rape of many women.

    See how that logic works?
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

    "Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

    glassjester (April 24th, 2017),rocketman (May 6th, 2017),Tambora (April 24th, 2017)

  19. #15
    Gold level Subscriber kmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    A farm
    Posts
    9,717
    Thanks
    995
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 950 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    994626
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon Hammer View Post
    No the vote was not mentioned - 'state/country' was and also 'system' which may lead to voting and election thinking. However the 'system' is that of 'consumerism' 'capitalism' 'ownership' etc etc

    I have not mentioned god because it is a problem of man's doings.

    It is the flowing with the current, facing the really real etc etc

    Therefore I have to accept my culpability even though I am just one person in this system. I will find others and hope that we share the same ways.
    ok, but what does accepting culpability mean? Do you mean that in order for the system to change you have to get involved?
    How are you responsible for the blood of civilians?

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to kmoney For Your Post:

    Angel4Truth (April 26th, 2017)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us