User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you personally culpable for your government's actions?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you personally culpable for your government's actions?

As a member of the state/country you live in you are part of the system that is currently producing the leaders of your state/country.
    If you have a job and own a home then you will be by necessity a strong part of the society that has produced your leaders.
    If you have received welfare or benefits from your government you have lived because of the society around you.
    Remember also the background of your parents and their parents etc.

I accept that my government's actions are wrong and that I must try and DO something about it for the blood of 'civilians' and other nationals are a stain on my honor and soul ('God')

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Saxon Hammer For Your Post:

rexlunae (April 25th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 39,514 Times in 24,524 Posts

Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Exodus 15:6 KJV
    (6) Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy.

God Bless America

Nobody is free when others are oppressed Rusha's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,744 Times in 2,137 Posts

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only when you vote for someone you know is evil ...
    Before mass leaders seize the power to fit reality to their lies,
    their propaganda is marked by its extreme contempt for facts as such,
    for in their opinion fact depends entirely on the power of man who can fabricate it.
    Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism

Veteran
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am only one vote among millions on election day. I am not personally culpable for my governments actions. The governments members themselves are not held culpable for their actions. Saying the government will be held accountable at the ballot box is a joke. Losing office is accompanied by fantastic compensations. Politicians simply walk away from their mistakes without any comeback for their mistakes.If they are not culpable then neither am I.

Over 1000 post club WonderfulLordJesus's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyStan View Post
    I am only one vote among millions on election day. I am not personally culpable for my governments actions. The governments members themselves are not held culpable for their actions. Saying the government will be held accountable at the ballot box is a joke. Losing office is accompanied by fantastic compensations. Politicians simply walk away from their mistakes without any comeback for their mistakes.If they are not culpable then neither am I.
    True, in terms of being one vote, at least a vote in good conscience. But there’s a difference between seeming not culpable and being not culpable. Wouldn’t you say an unrepentant sinner, consigned to eternal hell, is pretty culpable? Justice delayed is still justice. No unrepentant sinner gets by with anything, God's justice even the ultimate of all justice.

Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

I have actually thought the opposite of what many people think of these obscenely rich, corrupt cretins, the opposite of envy or resentment, rather strong pity, that they may as well profit all they can and live it up, if it's the world they live for, as this is as good as it's going to get for them, forever, the price they will pay for their corruption beyond huge. They are going to pay an unthinkable price for that mansion, Bentley, getting noticed at cocktail parties and some baubles from Saks. Not being culpable? God's word is clear that's a myth these poor slobs don't get! And they don't believe they will be held accountable, won't believe, until it's too late, and they meet the God of wrath.

Don't ever think they or any of us have any license, even the believer such a thing as sin unto death and the hard discipline of God, read Hebrews 12. The concept of a believer's free lunch, to sin that grace may abound, easy believism, is also a myth. People who believe God is mocked will learn the hard way, and the worst case of all are those who seem to have died, having gotten by with it. Again, Hebrews 12, the poor bastards, as Hebrews 12:8 puts it in the KJV, who seem to skate through life in evil, didn't even rate discipline, and next stop is hell.

I know I don't desire one scintilla anything of the damned. Just some food for thought.

Veteran
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some very hot spicy food too

Thanks
    Thanked 2,530 Times in 1,345 Posts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon Hammer View Post
    As a member of the state/country you live in you are part of the system that is currently producing the leaders of your state/country.
    If you have a job and own a home then you will be by necessity a strong part of the society that has produced your leaders.
    If you have received welfare or benefits from your government you have lived because of the society around you.
    Remember also the background of your parents and their parents etc.

I accept that my government's actions are wrong and that I must try and DO something about it for the blood of 'civilians' and other nationals are a stain on my honor and soul ('God')
    I would say no, if all you have in mind is a vote. I don't think voting makes you personally culpable. If you're saying yes, what does that personal culpability mean? What would being held accountable for it look like?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderfulLordJesus View Post
    I know I don't desire one scintilla anything of the damned. Just some food for thought.
    This is why moral courage is required to act against the hordes :-)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
    I would say no, if all you have in mind is a vote. I don't think voting makes you personally culpable. If you're saying yes, what does that personal culpability mean? What would being held accountable for it look like?
    No the vote was not mentioned - 'state/country' was and also 'system' which may lead to voting and election thinking. However the 'system' is that of 'consumerism' 'capitalism' 'ownership' etc etc

I have not mentioned god because it is a problem of man's doings.

It is the flowing with the current, facing the really real etc etc

Therefore I have to accept my culpability even though I am just one person in this system. I will find others and hope that we share the same ways.

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,352 Times in 3,269 Posts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
    town appears to think we are culpable: http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post4982272

i tried to get his to define his terms but you know how he hates to be nailed down

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    town appears to think we are culpable: http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post4982272

i tried to get his to define his terms but you know how he hates to be nailed down
    No I have not learnt that much yet as it has only been a few days :-0

Thanks for the link though, it is much the same, as you said.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beyond the vote, how much time have I spent in prayer concerning the country in which I live? How have I reached out with the gospel to the people around me? How often have I lifted up the broken and needy in the Lord Jesus' name?

Yes, I'm personally culpable. If I was really living like Jesus, 100% according to the sermon on the mount, my heart torn in prayer before the throne of the Father, then I would be blameless for what my government does. I fall far short of that, however.

Heavenly Father, help Your church be the light of the world. Perfect Jesus, help us be the body we are supposed to be.
    Maranatha!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DavidK For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (April 24th, 2017),ok doser (April 24th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you voted for Donald Trump, you are responsible for the catastrophe which his administration he and his criminal minions are planning for America .

16. The Following User Says Thank You to The Horn For Your Post:

Rusha (April 24th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,458 Times in 11,626 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Horn View Post
    If you voted for Donald Trump, you are responsible for the catastrophe which his administration he and his criminal minions are planning for America .
    If you voted for Bill Clinton and Hillary, you are responsible for the murders of countless babies and the rape of many women.

See how that logic works?

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

glassjester (April 24th, 2017),rocketman (May 6th, 2017),Tambora (April 24th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,530 Times in 1,345 Posts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon Hammer View Post
    No the vote was not mentioned - 'state/country' was and also 'system' which may lead to voting and election thinking. However the 'system' is that of 'consumerism' 'capitalism' 'ownership' etc etc

I have not mentioned god because it is a problem of man's doings.

It is the flowing with the current, facing the really real etc etc

Therefore I have to accept my culpability even though I am just one person in this system. I will find others and hope that we share the same ways.
    ok, but what does accepting culpability mean? Do you mean that in order for the system to change you have to get involved?
    How are you responsible for the blood of civilians?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to kmoney For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (April 26th, 2017)

Thread Information