User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Results 106 to 120 of 120

Thread: Should the Ten Commandments be observed by all?

  1. #106
    Over 4000 post club marhig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,339
    Thanks
    1,459
    Thanked 1,884 Times in 1,447 Posts

    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    83119
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Shalom.

    Some of your ideas you may find that your thinking has changed over time. May you come to understand God's commands in truth.

    Shalom.

    Jacob
    Jacob i do, because once he is in our hearts, he commands us to do his will every day!

  2. #107
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    9,698
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 443 Times in 417 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Jacob i do, because once he is in our hearts, he commands us to do his will every day!
    Shalom.

    I do not know what you are saying. However, God bless you.

    Shalom.

    Jacob

  3. #108
    Over 4000 post club marhig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,339
    Thanks
    1,459
    Thanked 1,884 Times in 1,447 Posts

    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    83119
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Shalom.

    I do not know what you are saying. However, God bless you.

    Shalom.

    Jacob
    Jacob if you have the Holy Spirit within, then you should know what i mean!

  4. #109
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    9,698
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 443 Times in 417 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Jacob if you have the Holy Spirit within, then you should know what i mean!
    Shalom.

    It is my belief that the Holy Spirit dwells in me.

    I do not understand your statements. I am being honest about that.

    Shalom.

    Jacob

  5. #110
    Over 4000 post club marhig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,339
    Thanks
    1,459
    Thanked 1,884 Times in 1,447 Posts

    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    83119
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Shalom.

    It is my belief that the Holy Spirit dwells in me.

    I do not understand your statements. I am being honest about that.

    Shalom.

    Jacob
    Jacob, can i ask you something. How do you know that you have the Holy Spirit dwelling within you?

    Thanks

  6. #111
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    9,698
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 443 Times in 417 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Jacob, can i ask you something. How do you know that you have the Holy Spirit dwelling within you?

    Thanks
    Shalom.

    That is a good question. I do and I do not know how I know. I do know that more happens with my mind than just thinking. At least that is something that I want to say here. I do more than just think about what I have said before or thinking new thoughts. I do not believe that my mind is programmed. I know a lot of scripture. But sometimes God just reveals something to me, relating to something in the past (or the present) or not. I believe that God uses me to accomplish His will. I may or may not be special in this (or, that) regard. Maybe God just shows me things to be a part of His plan.

    Shalom.

    Jacob

  7. #112
    Over 4000 post club marhig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,339
    Thanks
    1,459
    Thanked 1,884 Times in 1,447 Posts

    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    83119
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Shalom.

    That is a good question. I do and I do not know how I know. I do know that more happens with my mind than just thinking. At least that is something that I want to say here. I do more than just think about what I have said before or thinking new thoughts. I do not believe that my mind is programmed. I know a lot of scripture. But sometimes God just reveals something to me, relating to something in the past (or the present) or not. I believe that God uses me to accomplish His will. I may or may not be special in this (or, that) regard. Maybe God just shows me things to be a part of His plan.

    Shalom.

    Jacob
    We know we have the Holy Spirit when we have the power, the Spirit gives us the power to overcome our flesh, the power to speak, he gives us what to say at the time we need it, he moves us to do what we wouldn't do in our flesh and stops us doing what we would, and he always teaches us and guides us to live right before God and to love others as ourselves and help when we see the need.

    He changes our hearts from a heart that loves the flesh to a heart that is more like Christs and we will want to do Gods will. The laws that the Jews follow outwardly, are written in the hearts and minds of those born of God inwardly as he convicts and corrects us daily as we go wrong, and he gives us a strong conscience so that we cannot do what we would do in the flesh and we find it hard to wilfully sin. Those born of God, do his will because they want to, not because they have to, and they do it out of love and not because they have a law that tells them that they must do it.

    The laws can be twisted to suit man, but the Spirit will always bare witness to the truth.

    Our Lord Jesus said that all the law and the prophets hang on these the two greatest commandments, and they are to love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength, and love your neighbour as yourself.

    If we truly obey these two commandments, then we will be obeying the laws of God. And we will do them through love.

    Our Lord Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. And he is the only way that we are to follow. His way is the true way back to God. And he is our perfect example.

  8. #113
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    9,698
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 443 Times in 417 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    We know we have the Holy Spirit when we have the power, the Spirit gives us the power to overcome our flesh, the power to speak, he gives us what to say at the time we need it, he moves us to do what we wouldn't do in our flesh and stops us doing what we would, and he always teaches us and guides us to live right before God and to love others as ourselves and help when we see the need.

    He changes our hearts from a heart that loves the flesh to a heart that is more like Christs and we will want to do Gods will. The laws that the Jews follow outwardly, are written in the hearts and minds of those born of God inwardly as he convicts and corrects us daily as we go wrong, and he gives us a strong conscience so that we cannot do what we would do in the flesh and we find it hard to wilfully sin. Those born of God, do his will because they want to, not because they have to, and they do it out of love and not because they have a law that tells them that they must do it.

    The laws can be twisted to suit man, but the Spirit will always bare witness to the truth.

    Our Lord Jesus said that all the law and the prophets hang on these the two greatest commandments, and they are to love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength, and love your neighbour as yourself.

    If we truly obey these two commandments, then we will be obeying the laws of God. And we will do them through love.

    Our Lord Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. And he is the only way that we are to follow. His way is the true way back to God. And he is our perfect example.
    Shalom!

    Today is Ziv 2, Shishi (the sixth day of the week).

    The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written on minds and hearts. It came in Yeshua HaMashiach, Yeshua Messiah.

    The Spirit of God convicts the world of righteousness, gives us the words to speak, reminds us of the things of Christ (not just reminding the Twelve Apostles), and dwells in believers by faith. We sow to the Spirit, not to the flesh. We live by the Spirit and walk by the Spirit. All of this is by faith. It is the work or working of God and the Spirit. God is Spirit. There is the Spirit of God, the Spirit, the Holy Spirit.

    Shalom.

    Jacob

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob For Your Post:

    marhig (April 28th, 2017)

  10. #114
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    9,698
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 443 Times in 417 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Shalom!

    See


    Matthew 5:17-20

    Shalom.

    Jacob

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob For Your Post:

    marhig (April 28th, 2017)

  12. #115
    Over 4000 post club marhig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,339
    Thanks
    1,459
    Thanked 1,884 Times in 1,447 Posts

    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    83119
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Shalom!

    Today is Ziv 2, Shishi (the sixth day of the week).

    The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written on minds and hearts. It came in Yeshua HaMashiach, Yeshua Messiah.

    The Spirit of God convicts the world of righteousness, gives us the words to speak, reminds us of the things of Christ (not just reminding the Twelve Apostles), and dwells in believers by faith. We sow to the Spirit, not to the flesh. We live by the Spirit and walk by the Spirit. All of this is by faith. It is the work or working of God and the Spirit. God is Spirit. There is the Spirit of God, the Spirit, the Holy Spirit.

    Shalom.

    Jacob
    Yes Jacob, without faith it's nothing.

  13. #116
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    9,698
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 443 Times in 417 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Yes Jacob, without faith it's nothing.
    Shalom.

    Jacob

  14. #117
    Over 4000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,319
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 248 Times in 203 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    58711
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Shalom!

    Should the Ten Commandments be observed by all citizens of the United States of America?

    What is the place of the Ten Commandments in the law of the United States of America?

    Should observance of the Ten Commandments be enforced or even be voluntary?

    Have judges and courts ruled in favor of the Ten Commandments or even made decisions according to the dictates of the Ten Commandments?

    Do we understand to love God with all of our heart, with all of our soul, and with all of our might, and to love our neighbor as ourself?

    Shalom.

    Jacob
    No, those who have learned what love is from reading and believing those epistles written to the believers in this age of grace fulfill the law by love. Romans 13:10

    The law is not made for the righteous man but for the lawless and the disobedient. I Timothy 1:9
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  15. #118
    Over 4000 post club marhig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,339
    Thanks
    1,459
    Thanked 1,884 Times in 1,447 Posts

    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    83119
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Shalom!

    See


    Matthew 5:17-20

    Shalom.

    Jacob
    Jacob unlike some others, i don't believe that God's commandments are made void, God doesn't change. But I believe that once we truly love him and once we are born of God and walk in the Spirit, then through faith, and by his grace, God teaches us and directs us within our hearts and shows us where we are going wrong. He wants a our hearts cleansed and we are to obey him and do his will.

    And Paul said this in Romans 3

    Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

    And if we love God with all our hearts, soul, mind and strength, and or neighbour as ourselves, then we wouldn't break his commandments. Because we wouldn't commit adultery, or lie, or kill, etc. And Jesus didn't put away the commandments of God, he strengthened them. He says that to go and lie with another, isn't the only way to commit adultery, but even to lust after someone else is to do so too! Jesus didn't brake that commandments of God ever, and he told those of us who believe in him to follow him, and he was our perfect example, so if we truly follow him, then we won't brake them either.

  16. #119
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    9,698
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 443 Times in 417 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    No, those who have learned what love is from reading and believing those epistles written to the believers in this age of grace fulfill the law by love. Romans 13:10

    The law is not made for the righteous man but for the lawless and the disobedient. I Timothy 1:9
    Shalom.

    Are you asking about the punishments according to the law, or the observance such that you are not punished but you are obeying God?

    Punishing transgressors is a part of God's law, but there is a way that this takes place, for example with witnesses 2 or 3 as a simple way of saying it, and maybe even a judge (for what is a judge for?). The witnesses would testify at the appropriate time or in time, before a judge. Otherwise we ourselves would be the judge, and how would someone become a judge?

    So we have to read and understand the Law on this. Is it possible to die for a crime without a court or a judge?

    Shalom.

    Jacob

  17. #120
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    9,698
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 443 Times in 417 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Jacob unlike some others, i don't believe that God's commandments are made void, God doesn't change. But I believe that once we truly love him and once we are born of God and walk in the Spirit, then through faith, and by his grace, God teaches us and directs us within our hearts and shows us where we are going wrong. He wants a our hearts cleansed and we are to obey him and do his will.

    And Paul said this in Romans 3

    Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

    And if we love God with all our hearts, soul, mind and strength, and or neighbour as ourselves, then we wouldn't break his commandments. Because we wouldn't commit adultery, or lie, or kill, etc. And Jesus didn't put away the commandments of God, he strengthened them. He says that to go and lie with another, isn't the only way to commit adultery, but even to lust after someone else is to do so too! Jesus didn't brake that commandments of God ever, and he told those of us who believe in him to follow him, and he was our perfect example, so if we truly follow him, then we won't brake them either.
    Shalom.

    Jacob

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us