Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: What is "Faith alone ?"

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nang View Post
    There is no problem with the Greek; there seems to be a problem with the formula you are attempting to establish from an English definition of the Greek.

Your suggestion of "surrendering" does not accord with "belief" or "resting."

For "surrendering" is a human action. And no sinner is saved according to his human actions, assent, deeds, etc.

Sinners are saved by faith alone.

By God's power, actions, will, and works, alone.

And even after being regenerated to new life and faith in the Savior, sinners are kept sanctified by His power, actions, will, and works, alone.

There is no synergism between God and man, in the miracle of salvation. None.

Sinners are Justified by faith, alone. Ephesians 2:8-10

" . . We are His workmanship. . ."
    Faith is something "we do".

your not making any sense. You say the Greek definition is right and then say i'm wrong when i repeat the definition.

Do you understand that we fufill thousands of acts of Faith every day?

Pisteuo is the act , that if we fulfill continuously , will result in being in Christ.

Just "believing" , just "trusting" that He will fulfill all His promises in His Word to you (even though pisteuo is surrendering your life to Him and its not your life anymore) will result in NOTHING!

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    We* are resting because of salvation not for it.

We* Redeemed, regenerate and repentant sinners.

Maybe one day you'll have this experience Roberto.
    I would love to hear how you became in this state of rest. Could you share how you became "in Christ?"

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Faither View Post
    I would love to hear how you became in this state of rest. Could you share how you became "in Christ?"
    I started a thread on my experience of salvation and it was deleted.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 1,604 Posts

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Faith is something "we do".

your not making any sense. You say the Greek definition is right and then say i'm wrong when i repeat the definition.

Do you understand that we fufill thousands of acts of Faith every day?

Pisteuo is the act , that if we fulfill continuously , will result in being in Christ.

Just "believing" , just "trusting" that He will fulfill all His promises in His Word to you
    (even though pisteuo is surrendering your life to Him and its not your life anymore) will result in NOTHING!
    You deny saving faith, fella . . .

Which is totally monergistic.
    "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

" The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
    Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
    Charles Spurgeon

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nang For Your Post:

Eagles Wings (April 20th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 1,869 Posts

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saving faith is faith that is not dead. Saving faith is faith with right action. See James 2:14, 17, 22, and 24.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Specifically address the facts i've presented. There is no such thing in the Nt as just belief.
    faith only

Gen 15:5 And he brought him outside and said, "Look toward heaven, and number the stars, if you are able to number them." Then he said to him, "So shall your offspring be."
    Gen 15:6 And he believed the LORD, and he counted it to him as righteousness.

Gal 3:6 just as Abraham “believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”?
    Gal 3:7 Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham.
    Gal 3:8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.”
    Gal 3:9 So then, those who are of faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.

Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Even Abraham's faith was tested.

Genesis 22:1 Now it came about after these things, that God tested Abraham, and said to him, "Abraham!" And he said, "Here I am." 2He said, "Take now your son, your only son, whom you love, Isaac, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I will tell you."

James 2:21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar?
    so .

Abram's righteousness came by faith alone

Thanks
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 1,869 Posts

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by way 2 go View Post
    so .

Abram's righteousness came by faith alone
    Abraham's faith was living because of what he did.

That is what the scriptures say.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

Over 1000 post club Jamie Gigliotti's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember were talking about the specific word the ancient writers used to tell us "how" we can become "in Christ" and have a relationship with Him. That word is "pisteuo"

Pisteuo in the Vines : "A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender."

Pisteuo in the Strongs : "pisteuo means "not" just to believe."

Lets take the opinions out of it and just stick to the intent behind what the writers were specifically communicating.

But just for fun , follow up with trust and trusting. Who and what are you trusting in ? This will tell us if "trust and trusting" are better guides.
    Trusting in would seem to have a strong implication of relationship. Trusting Him personally and what He says obviously includes submission to Him in the context of the New Testament.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Gigliotti View Post
    Trusting in would seem to have a strong implication of relationship. Trusting Him personally and what He says obviously includes submission to Him in the context of the New Testament.
    How and what are you trusting Him ?

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by way 2 go View Post
    faith only

Gen 15:5 And he brought him outside and said, "Look toward heaven, and number the stars, if you are able to number them." Then he said to him, "So shall your offspring be."
    Gen 15:6 And he believed the LORD, and he counted it to him as righteousness.

Gal 3:6 just as Abraham “believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”?
    Gal 3:7 Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham.
    Gal 3:8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.”
    Gal 3:9 So then, those who are of faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.

If you were using the word "faith" with the correct understanding you would get my attention.

Salvation is by "Grace" through "Faith". So thats two different mandatory things that must be fulfilled.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If i held the Greek definition of saving Faith in front of you to read yourself , would you still tell me i'm denying it ?

At least when you stand before Christ and legitimately say , " but it was a mistranslation". He and you will both instantly know you had been shown the truth and you rejected it. "the watchman"

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    I started a thread on my experience of salvation and it was deleted.
    Really , now i got to hear it. Lol

Truster , i'm towards the end of my journey here on earth. And one of the things i hold dear is my understanding of the Salvation process. I have it written in detail.

In the Salvation process , there are certain happenings that must occur.

Example : Nang and most of the church world understand that the Holy Spirit or being in Christ happens the moment you "believe". The problem with that is that if thats true , 3 out of 4 people that happens to would fail when they go through what Christ called the parable of the sower. The parable of the sower is something Jesus told us is happening to His called out ones.

So if you want to have a serious discussion about the process or journey , i'm your guy.

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something we "do" our "did"?

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really , now i got to hear it. Lol

Truster , i'm towards the end of my journey here on earth. And one of the things i hold dear is my understanding of the Salvation process. I have it written in detail.

In the Salvation process , there are certain happenings that must occur.

Example : Nang and most of the church world understand that the Holy Spirit or being in Christ happens the moment you "believe". The problem with that is that if thats true , 3 out of 4 people that happens to would fail when they go through what Christ called the parable of the sower. The parable of the sower is something Jesus told us is happening to His called out ones.

So if you want to have a serious discussion about the process or journey , i'm your guy.
    We can't have a serious discussion because some know all always interrupts. This point has already been proven.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thread Information