Thread: WOOD, HAY, AND JERRY

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    I thought you were getting this idea from Arnold:

How can the blessings of the Olive Tree be Israel's since Israel has been set aside?

I told you. both the Gentile believers and the Jewish believers have been baptized into the Body of Christ. They are members of the Body of Christ were there is no difference between the Gentiles and the Jews.

Are you not aware that the "Jewish believers" make up the remnant?
    1. Do you claim to be a spiritual Jew?

2. The Olive Tree remains Israel's because God is not done with Israel.

You still have not answered who do you think the Remnant is?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

2. The Following User Says Thank You to intojoy For Your Post:

Tambora (April 20th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,797 Times in 2,326 Posts

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    The Olive Tree remains Israel's because God is not done with Israel.
    You said that Israel is now receiving the blessings of the Olive Tree.

That idea is ridiculous because now Israel has been cast aside.

I told you that the remnant is the believing Jews and they are the remnant of the same nation which has been cast aside.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

glorydaz (April 21st, 2017),Tambora (April 21st, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,689 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I told you that the remnant is the believing Jews and they are the remnant of the same nation which has been cast aside.
    Jews in the Body are not the Believing Remnant of Israel.

Israel is in Uncircumcision til the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Just another nation proven under sin.

Any Jew who comes to faith today, does so as a member of just one more people now in Uncircumcision.

Paul's aspect of the gospel of Christ had been to the heathen, and "as an heathen" is what Israel was, and presently remains; this side of their fall, and temporary setting aside.

Said aspect of the gospel of Christ this side of Israel's fall and temporary setting aside, is how one of said Lo Ammi nation, is saved during this Mystery age - as a Gentile.

No...special...status.

Thanks

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    Jews in the Body are not the Believing Remnant of Israel.
    Paul was among the believing remnant of Israel.

Are you saying that he wasn't in the Body of Christ?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,115 Times in 18,761 Posts

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Good question, as scripture uses the term for a smaller group within a whole group, or just simply the remaining ones of the whole group.

Have Gun, Will Travel

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

glorydaz (April 21st, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Paul was among the believing remnant of Israel.

Are you saying that he wasn't in the Body of Christ?
    No. He was not.

He was saved after God concluded Unbelieving Israel as having continued in the Uncircumcision of their hearts; Acts 7; Romans 2 and 3 and 11.

When he was saved, he was in Unbelief or Uncircumcision.

His point in Romans 11 is that, although Unbelieving Israel has been concluded in Unbelief; God is not through with Israel. That it only looked as if God was through with Israel.

In this, Paul was not only the first member of God's New Creature this side of Israel's fall, and temporary setting aside, but his salvation when he was in Unbelief, typifies Israel's future salvation when they too will look at Him Who they pierced, while in Unbelief.

At which point, theirs will also be Paul's shock that Jesus was the Christ.

This had been Paul's shocking experience of Israel's Messiah while he was yet in the Uncircumcision of his heart - the shock of Paul's experience of Israel's Messiah, as one born out of, or before his nation's due time salvation...

Acts 26:6 And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God unto our fathers: 26:7 Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews. 26:8 Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead? 26:9 I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth. 26:10 Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them. 26:11 And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities. 26:12 Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests, 26:13 At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me. 26:14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. 26:15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.

This will be his nation's shocking encounter with said Messiah - their realization they have been in the Uncircumcision of their hearts...

Their shock when they see face to face Who has delivered them - Jesus of Nazareth...

Zechariah 12:1 The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him. 12:2 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. 12:3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it. 12:4 In that day, saith the LORD, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness. 12:5 And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength in the LORD of hosts their God. 12:6 In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem. 12:7 The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah. 12:8 In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them. 12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. 12:11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon. 12:12 And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart; 12:13 The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart; 12:14 All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.

He was not of the Believing Remnant.

Nor could he be - for He had blasphemed the Spirit, Matt. 10:30-32.

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I give you a ride in my car, you are benefiting from my car. The olive tree belongs to Israel. The Remnant is receiving the blessings of that tree through the body of Christ with the gentile believers together. That doesn't mean that the tree isn't still Israel's. It is. Israel the whole is set aside, the Remnant is not set aside at all according to Paul. He says that the gentile believers are made partakers of the Jewish spiritual blessings, you say they are overtakers. You say there is no distinction between Jew and gentile, a lie.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If I give you a ride in my car, you are benefiting from my car. The olive tree belongs to Israel. The Remnant is receiving the blessings of that tree through the body of Christ with the gentile believers together. That doesn't mean that the tree isn't still Israel's. It is. Israel the whole is set aside, the Remnant is not set aside at all according to Paul. He says that the gentile believers are made partakers of the Jewish spiritual blessings, you say they are overtakers. You say there is no distinction between Jew and gentile, a lie.

Alright, massa! You's a good massa; thanks for the ride

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Good question, as scripture uses the term for a smaller group within a whole group, or just simply the remaining ones of the whole group.
    The doctrine of the Remnant of Israel means that there are always some who believe within the Jewish nation as a whole, and all those who believe constitute the Remnant of Israel. Thus there are two Israels: Israel the Whole and Israel the Remnant. Ethnically, the two are the same, but spiritually , they are not. The Remnant at any point of history may be large or small, but there is never a time when it is non-existent, except immediately after the Rapture.
    A Fruchtenbaum

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    Alright, massa! You's a good massa; thanks for the ride
    Good boy. Take the night off

Thanks

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He says that the gentile believers are made partakers of the Jewish spiritual blessings...
    Which ones are those?

If you want the truth concerning the symbolism of the Olive Tree then first let us look at this verse:

"The LORD called thy name, A green olive tree, fair, and of goodly fruit: with the noise of a great tumult he hath kindled fire upon it, and the branches of it are broken" (Jer.11:16).

Notice that the LORD "called" Israel a green olive tree. Why did He kindle fire upon it? Because the tree was supposed to bear fruit and it wasn't. What fruit was Israel supposed to bring forth?:

"The oath which He swore to our Father, Abraham, that He would grant unto us that we, being delivered out of the hand of our enemies, might serve Him without fear, in holiness and righteousness before Him, all the days of our lives" (Lk.1:73-75).

The nation was to be a channel of blessing to the world, and one of the duties assigned to that nation was the stewardship to be a witness to the fact of the existence of God and that there is only one God:

"Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God" (Isa.43:10-12).

When the words in regard to the Olive Tree which I quoted were written the LORD was provoked to anger because the Jews were "offering incense to Baal" (V.17).

The Olive Tree represents fruit bearing, specifically serving the LORD to bring the knowledge of Him to the world. And it was Israel's duty to bring the knowledge of the Lord Jesus to the entire world. When Israel rejected her promised Messiah that nation was no longer called the Olive Tree. She was temporarily cast aside and Paul was made the Apostle of the Gentiles.

For you to insist that Israel is now receiving the blessings associated with the Olive Tree betrays an ignorance of both the symbolism of the Olive Tree and of the nature of Israel in the first century and since.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 906 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And it was Israel's duty to bring the knowledge of the Lord Jesus to the entire world. When Israel rejected her promised Messiah that nation was no longer called the Olive Tree.
    The nations of Israel have proclaimed Christ to the world and provided Bibles to the world in many languages.

Only the Jews rejected Jesus Christ and they still do.

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're cursing yourself

Hi and you are doing a good job of not answering !!

I knew you could NOT !!

dan ;p

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DAN P For Your Post:

glorydaz (April 21st, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which ones are those?
    1. Salvation

2. All of the NON material/prosperity aspects of the 4 Jewish covenants such as possessing the land of Israel: “if my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
    ??2 Chronicles? ?7:14? ?ASV??

3. A study of psalms and proverbs will show us the spiritual blessings available to Israel that has now been made available for the Gentiles thru Christ.

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi and you are doing a good job of not answering !!

I knew you could NOT !!

dan ;p
    Stick to Calvin Dan Pleaze. You over your head in this thread. You're definitely building with stubble and it's all gonna burn leaving you nothing to show for yourself for a 1000 years.

Thread Information