User Tag List

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Who actually revealed the "mystery" of the Gospel of grace ? Was Paul the first ?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,854 Times in 7,008 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post

So be it, then; hypocrites.

Matthew 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
    So let it be written, so let it be done.

BYE.
    Salvation by grace is not a divine game of limbo seeing how low one can go and still walk the walk. God has knocked us all down and said we cannot earn righteousness at all (Rom 3:10). He has taken away the limbo bar and declared the game over (Rom 4:5). -- Justin Johnson

2. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Tambora (May 2nd, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The Gospel of grace was not the mystery, not the main one addressed by Paul in Eph 3:6. Obviously it is not the mystery of I Cor 15's change or Israel's hardness. No question there, but many people think the Gospel itself was a mystery. Nope. That it was the official channel for sharing the inheritance of Israel with the nations is the mystery that befuddled Israel's leaders, Judaism.
    At what point in the Bible did Jews and Gentiles both realize God had put no distinction between them?
    Salvation by grace is not a divine game of limbo seeing how low one can go and still walk the walk. God has knocked us all down and said we cannot earn righteousness at all (Rom 3:10). He has taken away the limbo bar and declared the game over (Rom 4:5). -- Justin Johnson

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

glorydaz (May 3rd, 2017),lifeisgood (May 3rd, 2017),Tambora (May 2nd, 2017)

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    dan ,read it again it explains the mystery that God withheld the meaning of for a TIME.

DAN, if you cannot see the gospel in the following you are SPIRITUALLY blind.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions,
    he was bruised for our iniquities:
    the chastisement of our peace was upon him;
    and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray;
    we have turned every one to his own way;
    and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Hi and IF it was written in Isa 53 :5 than it is NOT a SECRET / MUSTERION , is it ??

Paul received the MYSTERY by direct Revelation in Gal 1:12 , SO WHERE IS THE BEEF , ???

dan p

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God's sacred secret, revealed by Jesus and the Holy Spirit to the initiated chosen apostles, so that all who wish to be reconciled back to God can hear the gospel and learn of God's divine plan of salvation (Romans 10:17).

The first to teach the "mystery" were the prophets, and when their prophecies were fulfilled in Jesus The "mystery" was revealed and walked the earth bringing truth,salvation,light, and freedom to those trapped in darkness.

MAD has denied the very foundation of Jesus, His ministry, His Gospel, His teachings, and the revelation of the mystery by Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Jesus and the Holy Spirit revealed the "mystery" or there would have been no revelation of the "mystery".

Eph 3:5
    Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Claiming Paul was the first to reveal the "mystery" denies the work of Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
    The gospel of grace is not one of the mysteries of the New Testament

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The definition of a musterion is something nowhere revealed in the Old Testament that is now revealed by the New Testament Apostles and prophets.

The fact of gentile salvation was no mystery.

The fact of grace salvation was no mystery.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,028 Times in 814 Posts

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    The gospel of grace is not one of the mysteries of the New Testament

I know that but have been told it is by some/many.

Trying to nail down which group believes what in Dipsy is like trying to nail jello to a wall.

The most deceived so far has been one that told me Paul is the " I AM ".
    Heb 4:2
    For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,194 Times in 16,864 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    It's of his own making. We've all tried to befriend him, but he'll have none of it.
    I placed Danoh on "EGGNORE" a long time ago and I've haven't regretted since. He's just here to cause dissension. He's a real "Trouble Maker."

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

glorydaz (May 3rd, 2017),Tambora (May 2nd, 2017)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    The definition of a musterion is something nowhere revealed in the Old Testament that is now revealed by the New Testament Apostles and prophets.

The fact of gentile salvation was no mystery.

The fact of grace salvation was no mystery.

Can't accept your def. (But the other two lines are fine). The thing was embedded in the OT, but the Judaism that Paul grew up in could not see it. That made it a mystery, and that is what makes it both there (Acts 15) and hidden (Eph 1, 3, Col 1, Rom 16) at the same time.

Only in Christ is the hiddenness removed. That would be the veil. God gave a few people before Christ a glimpse of what was in it.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Musterion = something previously hidden or unknown.

http://biblehub.com/greek/3466.htm

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

glorydaz (May 3rd, 2017),Tambora (May 2nd, 2017)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Musterion = something previously hidden or unknown.

http://biblehub.com/greek/3466.htm

Yes, right, and Paul meant that in terms of 1st century Judaism. He was raised thinking their thoughts. He then realized the message was there in their OT texts all the time, but the constructs of 1st century Judaism were the veil that blocked it.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It can't be either the saving of the nations or the grace of God. They are both in the OT and both in the prophets. They shape the faith of Abraham: 'In your Seed all the nations will be blessed.' that is not the mystery, but the sloppy, cloudy thinking of D'ism, thinks it is.

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,595 Times in 1,935 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    What is this about, Danoh?:
    Very well...

You remember way back when I posted a line from an Elton John song and Tel ribbed me about it because Elton is gay?

You recently posted to me that you like Barry Manilow music...

Well, a few days after that, Manilow announced he is gay.

When I read his announcement; I remembered your having posted you like his music and cracked up about it.

So I ribbed you about it. Nothing more.

Personally, I like much of the man's music myself. I could care less what people think of what music I like or not.

But here's the thing - who cares what I might think of you or not as concerning the flesh?

You have the truth of Romans 5.

As I reminded STP he does.

As I now remind Tam; given her high-fiving your question here in her agreement with your having needed to even ask it, despite the fact that you both have Romans 5 to rest in.

You don't need an explanation from me.

You have Christ.

Just as I don't need for Musterion to either stop or continue being the slandering jerk he is being towards me once more.

I have Christ.

Look, bro, either we believe Romans 5's assertion that we have the love of God in His Son's Cross, and therefore have all we need in that; or we do not believe it.

Should any of this offend you, well then, turn to Romans 5 and rest in it's assertion.

Likewise as to you Musti.

Whenever you feel the need to be the jerk you often are; feel free to throw Romans 5 in my face out of your bigotry and your spite - I'll only be reminded to take Romans 5 as fact and thereby glory in your would be tribulations toward me in your endless hypocrisy.

You will never be sufficient.

None of us will ever be.

Christ...always is.

Have each...your way

Philippians 1:15 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: 1:16 The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: 1:17 But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel. 1:18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Romans 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,533 Times in 9,782 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    The nuts and bolts of it can be found in the prophets, but to have it put together into a unit and presented as the good news was not known...nope.
    If it had been put together, the Jews would have seen it for themselves. They didn't.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Tambora (May 11th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,533 Times in 9,782 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi and IF it was written in Isa 53 :5 than it is NOT a SECRET / MUSTERION , is it ??

Paul received the MYSTERY by direct Revelation in Gal 1:12 , SO WHERE IS THE BEEF , ???

dan p
    Dan, do you think the Mystery is CHRIST IN YOU? Your verse in Gal. 1:12 seems to be saying the same as Colossians 1:27.

"To reveal his Son in me," I love that.

Gal. 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

20. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Tambora (May 11th, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,595 Times in 1,935 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I know that but have been told it is by some/many.

Trying to nail down which group believes what in Dipsy is like trying to nail jello to a wall.

The most deceived so far has been one that told me Paul is the " I AM ".
    Acts 2 Dispensationalism long held and holds that the Body began in Acts to but its' Mystery was mostly not revealed much more fully until Paul.

Acts 2 Dispensationalism arose out of Darby's finding that the completeness in Christ that the Body has now, is not described as such about Believing Israelites before Paul.

But after Darby, A2D had largely remained a hybrid of the Reformed Theology it arose out of and broke away from.

Out of it arose Acts 9 Dispensationalism aka Mid-Acts, or MAD, to hold that both the Body and its' Mystery began with Paul.

Acts 9 being the result of being more consistent in the application of the principles of Bible study that Acts 2 Dispensationalism does not always follow consistently.

Acts 28 Dispensationalism arose out of a hybrid of both Acts 2 and Acts 9, to hold that the Body and its' Mystery did not begin until near the very end or after Acts 28.

Acts 28 Dispensationalism having failed to remain consistent in its application of the principles of Dispensationalism as a system of Bible study.

The Mid-Acts aka MAD most but not all on here, refer to as MAD, arose out of a hybrid of various Acts 9 and Acts 28 views.

It too is the result of a consistent failure to apply the principles of Dispensational Bible.

And most within any of those groups will have been taught the view they hold to, or read about it somewhere.

Few will go on to attempt to learn the various principles, that they might stand on their own two feet, let alone, not only learn them indepth, but go beyond the standard ones, to further refined principles.

As in all things in life, most will not be attracted to doing so.

On the one hand; the thing to do is to be ever willing as to a readiness of mind, to receiving anyone's take on a thing.

On the other; to be ever willing to examine oneself as to what principles of study one is actually studying a thing from; in contrast to what principles one only thinks one is studying things from.

And it is a never ending endeavor.

Because The BOOK is one endless ocean of oceans of wonder.

The bottomline ever being...

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; 4:14 Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

Thread Information