User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 60

Thread: Soul

  1. #16
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Banbury UK
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    But, you will burn, unless you are granted repentance.
    That baptism of fire eh?

    Already been through it


    Sent from my iPhone using TOL

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to stephencbh For Your Post:

    freelight (April 29th, 2017)

  3. #17
    Trainee
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Burning, really? I guess evolving from cognative dissonance can be like a burning feeling

  4. #18
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Banbury UK
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarragh View Post
    Burning, really? I guess evolving from cognative dissonance can be like a burning feeling
    Ha, although I had to be brave to do it once in it was delightful.


    Sent from my iPhone using TOL

  5. #19
    TOL Subscriber Nihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The North & the West
    Posts
    3,050
    Thanks
    609
    Thanked 589 Times in 503 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    124597
    Quote Originally Posted by stephencbh View Post
    Cannabis is a God given tool.

    Like anything it can be abused or used responsibly.
    Uh-huh.

    Where's the :redeyes: smilie?
    "To be deep in history, is to cease to be Protestant"---Newman

    Matthew 16:18 AENT "I say also to you that you are Keefa, and on this Keefa I will build my assembly, and the gates of Sheol will not subdue it." (BR, emphasis mine)

  6. #20
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Carmarthenshire
    Posts
    4,686
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 455 Times in 408 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    113087
    Quote Originally Posted by stephencbh View Post
    That baptism of fire eh?

    Already been through it


    Sent from my iPhone using TOL
    You take the truth and a warning and turn to mockery. You are atheist.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

    "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

    I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

    Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

    I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

  7. #21
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Banbury UK
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    You take the truth and a warning and turn to mockery. You are atheist.
    You're wrong, I promise you I am sincere.


    Sent from my iPhone using TOL

  8. #22
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Carmarthenshire
    Posts
    4,686
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 455 Times in 408 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    113087
    Quote Originally Posted by stephencbh View Post
    You're wrong, I promise you I am sincere.


    Sent from my iPhone using TOL
    Hell will be full of sincere people who were sincerely wrong.

    I shall give you the benefit of going along with your profession unless you prove otherwise by handling the word of truth deceitfully. 2 Corinthians 4:2 KJV
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

    "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

    I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

    Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

    I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Truster For Your Post:

    stephencbh (April 19th, 2017)

  10. #23
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Banbury UK
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    Hell will be full of sincere people who were sincerely wrong.

    I shall give you the benefit of going along with your profession unless you prove otherwise by handling the word of truth deceitfully. 2 Corinthians 4:2 KJV
    Thank you <3

    Although we may differ on what we consider to be the word of God.


    Sent from my iPhone using TOL

  11. #24
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Banbury UK
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    I wrote thank you but it didn't appear


    Sent from my iPhone using TOL

  12. #25
    Journeyman Saxon Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    161
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 46 Times in 37 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    17408
    Hello I'm a newbee both to this forum and this type of discussion.

    I believe we are all soul (GOD) and that we have been granted some time to work and enjoy this reality.

    I know that this site is for those that believe in God from the christian books called the bible.
    I formed my belief in 'God is in you and God is in me' at the age of 8 however I have realised that any group of people that exclude any others is not morally right.
    The church sunday school where I learnt about God was not teaching all children and would not have taught me if there had not been a major upset in my life at the time.
    I do not know what 'type' of christian these teachers where however, they helped me survive my childhood.

    I do not want to cause offence but I have to say that the nature of practice for current churches is not fully inclusive and a requirement is placed upon any person attending to follow a doctrine instead of the simple acknowledgement of God in all that we behold.

    This is why I now use the term Soul instead of God in a new age sort of view.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Saxon Hammer For Your Post:

    stephencbh (April 19th, 2017)

  14. #26
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Banbury UK
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon Hammer View Post
    Hello I'm a newbee both to this forum and this type of discussion.

    I believe we are all soul (GOD) and that we have been granted some time to work and enjoy this reality.

    I know that this site is for those that believe in God from the christian books called the bible.
    I formed my belief in 'God is in you and God is in me' at the age of 8 however I have realised that any group of people that exclude any others is not morally right.
    The church sunday school where I learnt about God was not teaching all children and would not have taught me if there had not been a major upset in my life at the time.
    I do not know what 'type' of christian these teachers where however, they helped me survive my childhood.

    I do not want to cause offence but I have to say that the nature of practice for current churches is not fully inclusive and a requirement is placed upon any person attending to follow a doctrine instead of the simple acknowledgement of God in all that we behold.

    This is why I now use the term Soul instead of God in a new age sort of view.
    God is called the Super Soul in the Bhagavad-Gita.

    This forum shouldn't be as you say about God in the Bible. Theo means God and there are better ways to see the works of God and they are up to date! Studying all of nature and our own personal lives (incl. dreams) are the best ways to start to understand Our parent.

    This is especially the case with Our Bible as the God in most of the OT is clearly not Our parent! And don't get me started on Paul!

    Keep going with your way, we all knew God when we were babies.


    Sent from my iPhone using TOL

  15. #27
    TOL Subscriber Nihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The North & the West
    Posts
    3,050
    Thanks
    609
    Thanked 589 Times in 503 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    124597
    Quote Originally Posted by stephencbh View Post
    God is called the Super Soul in the Bhagavad-Gita.

    This forum shouldn't be as you say about God in the Bible. Theo means God and there are better ways to see the works of God and they are up to date! Studying all of nature and our own personal lives (incl. dreams) are the best ways to start to understand Our parent.
    It's better to see His works through His own eyes. He became flesh and dwelt among us. He ordained Apostles. His Church lives still today, the Body of Christ.
    "To be deep in history, is to cease to be Protestant"---Newman

    Matthew 16:18 AENT "I say also to you that you are Keefa, and on this Keefa I will build my assembly, and the gates of Sheol will not subdue it." (BR, emphasis mine)

  16. #28
    Journeyman Saxon Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    161
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 46 Times in 37 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    17408
    Quote Originally Posted by stephencbh View Post
    Keep going with your way, we all knew God when we were babies.
    I think that this is a valid statement however we need to express ourselves through an animal form as that is our purpose. However the animal form is only a shell for the soul's expression and not the expression of the soul itself. This has been the ongoing process known as life however the human animal has on occasion developed new ways of thinking like the different cultures and sciences that have emerged as the human animal has evolved. This has separated the human animal from all others in function and capacities. This separation is the core of the 'Apple in the garden of Eden' story (sorry I mean no harm).

    It strikes me that the story of Jesus is told with the background of the Rome Empire very much present in the story. This empire was GREAT, given the time period, however it fell into decline and christianity (Jesus's story) survived to become part of the bible(s).

    My view of western society is as a British citizen with deep regard for Honor and Truth due to growing to adulthood as the first born son of a Soldier of my country Great Britain.

    I feel that the moral fibre of this country and the United State of America is weak and the power of money is a major corruption for all people of the world. It is not that money (as fair barter) is bad any more than a gun is bad. However money IS power in this world and if you have enough you stop thinking about how bad life can be and wash it all away with a good film and a cuddle with a loved one.

    But not for all, there are a great many people that do not have the basics of life in a reliable fashion (like a local supermarket) or a home or food or freedom of expression.

    There has to be a way to inject some moral courage in our leaders to fight for the people as a whole and not for the advantages for a small few when so many have much less to start off with.

    If my soul (God) speaks so your soul (God) hears the we are more than we were alone. If all felt the power of being and acting good as our soul (God) would really like and our souls (Gods) united then money would not have so much power and morality could be restored.

    The key is not to bring children into a life where they cannot feel the power of being and act good as their soul (God) would like. They learn the hard knocks far too early to develop more that animal responses to their future stresses which will inevitably lead towards an even harder life.

  17. #29
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Banbury UK
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    It's better to see His works through His own eyes. He became flesh and dwelt among us. He ordained Apostles. His Church lives still today, the Body of Christ.
    Well that is something we disagree on. This is what causes all the confusion and why the trinity was created to try and make sense of it.

    Accept that the Bible is ambiguous and the possibility that the text will never provide proof either way.

    The Church today provides a lot of free coffee....


    Sent from my iPhone using TOL

  18. #30
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Banbury UK
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon Hammer View Post
    I think that this is a valid statement however we need to express ourselves through an animal form as that is our purpose. However the animal form is only a shell for the soul's expression and not the expression of the soul itself. This has been the ongoing process known as life however the human animal has on occasion developed new ways of thinking like the different cultures and sciences that have emerged as the human animal has evolved. This has separated the human animal from all others in function and capacities. This separation is the core of the 'Apple in the garden of Eden' story (sorry I mean no harm).

    It strikes me that the story of Jesus is told with the background of the Rome Empire very much present in the story. This empire was GREAT, given the time period, however it fell into decline and christianity (Jesus's story) survived to become part of the bible(s).

    My view of western society is as a British citizen with deep regard for Honor and Truth due to growing to adulthood as the first born son of a Soldier of my country Great Britain.

    I feel that the moral fibre of this country and the United State of America is weak and the power of money is a major corruption for all people of the world. It is not that money (as fair barter) is bad any more than a gun is bad. However money IS power in this world and if you have enough you stop thinking about how bad life can be and wash it all away with a good film and a cuddle with a loved one.

    But not for all, there are a great many people that do not have the basics of life in a reliable fashion (like a local supermarket) or a home or food or freedom of expression.

    There has to be a way to inject some moral courage in our leaders to fight for the people as a whole and not for the advantages for a small few when so many have much less to start off with.

    If my soul (God) speaks so your soul (God) hears the we are more than we were alone. If all felt the power of being and acting good as our soul (God) would really like and our souls (Gods) united then money would not have so much power and morality could be restored.

    The key is not to bring children into a life where they cannot feel the power of being and act good as their soul (God) would like. They learn the hard knocks far too early to develop more that animal responses to their future stresses which will inevitably lead towards an even harder life.
    God made man in his image. So we are mini Gods but have a long way to go before we have any real resemblance to God.

    Not sure if you supplanting one word for the other will help understanding.

    Our leaders are more like followers in that they adapt to remain popular with the bulk of society and that is changing rapidly.


    Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us