Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz View Post
    What, if anything, should be done about Syria? Do you support or oppose what Trump has done thus far?
    What, if anything, should be done about North Korea?

Do you support the dropping of the M.O.A.B bomb in Afghanistan?

There are issues that Trump has noticeably shifted from as president as opposed to what he said during his campaign.
    1. Is NATO obsolete?
    2. Is China a currency manipulator?
    3. Should he support the U.S. Export-Import Bank?
    4. What should our relationship with Russia look like?
    5. Is our military in shambles?
    6. Should Janet Yellen be nominated to second term as fed chair?
    7. What should be done with Obamacare and what should replace it?
    8. What's up with the border wall? It Mexico paying for it?
    9. Is Trump going to deport more illegal immigrants than Obama?
    10. Does torture work?
    11. Should Hilary be "locked up"?
    Hmmm, I see this hasn't even been addressed yet....telling.....
    Contrary to what many Americans seem to think, the document we now call "the Constitution" and the Declaration of Independence are not pretty much the same thing or "connected in spirit," or "two sides of the same coin." The two documents were written by two different groups of people at two different times to accomplish two totally different goals.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to drbrumley For Your Post:

WizardofOz (April 17th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What, if anything, should be done about Syria? Do you support or oppose what Trump has done thus far?
    What, if anything, should be done about North Korea?

Do you support the dropping of the M.O.A.B bomb in Afghanistan?

There are issues that Trump has noticeably shifted from as president as opposed to what he said during his campaign.
    1. Is NATO obsolete?
    2. Is China a currency manipulator?
    3. Should he support the U.S. Export-Import Bank?
    4. What should our relationship with Russia look like?
    5. Is our military in shambles?
    6. Should Janet Yellen be nominated to second term as fed chair?
    7. What should be done with Obamacare and what should replace it?
    8. What's up with the border wall? It Mexico paying for it?
    9. Is Trump going to deport more illegal immigrants than Obama?
    10. Does torture work?
    11. Should Hilary be "locked up"?
    Just off the top of my head,

1. NATO is relevant now.

2.China isn't a currency manipulator.

4. Dog gone it, my bombing proves I'm no Putin stooge

3. I'm fine with the export/import bank

5. The military is in shambles even though we spend more than all countries combined.

6. Janet Yellen is my hero

7. Trumpcare baby!!!

8. Still working on Mexico paying the bill....hasn't been successful thusfar

9. I'm working on that too

10. Torture is great, even said so in the campaign

11. Hillary is my friend, why should I lock her up?
    Contrary to what many Americans seem to think, the document we now call "the Constitution" and the Declaration of Independence are not pretty much the same thing or "connected in spirit," or "two sides of the same coin." The two documents were written by two different groups of people at two different times to accomplish two totally different goals.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to drbrumley For Your Post:

WizardofOz (April 15th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Donald Trump has overtaken Barack Obama on executive orders

Is this a good thing, a bad thing or does it depend on the merit of the executive orders he's signed?
    “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Donald Trump has overtaken Barack Obama on executive orders

Is this a good thing, a bad thing or does it depend on the merit of the executive orders he's signed?
    Well, in fairness, I think most of them were repeals of Obama's executive orders... I could be wrong though.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    Well, in fairness, I think most of them were repeals of Obama's executive orders... I could be wrong though.
    True that some were. He also has executive orders for the border wall, the travel ban and stopping Syrian refugees from coming to the US et al.

Here are all executive orders so far
    “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    US President Donald Trump has been mocked on social media for hypocrisy for a tweet in 2012 that accused the White House of a lack of transparency.

The Twitter backlash came as Trump's administration announced on Friday (14 April) that it would not release the White House visitor's log.

link

Should the White House make their visitor log public?

― Theodore Roosevelt

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 3,248 Posts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Thank GOD for the electoral college and all the deplorables that voted for him.

Hillary voters

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

shopkinslpskids (July 18th, 2017)

TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,635 Times in 17,193 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank GOD for the electoral college and all the deplorables that voted for him.

Hillary voters
    Yep, thank God.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

shopkinslpskids (July 18th, 2017),Tambora (April 15th, 2017)

Over 4000 post club 1Mind1Spirit's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    deleted
    Last edited by 1Mind1Spirit; April 16th, 2017 at 11:24 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,974 Times in 1,021 Posts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    There is plenty of coal on this planet. It provides cheap energy. Starving the nation from cheap energy drives up energy prices. That slows down economic growth. How is that forward thinking?

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app
    The world is trying to move off fossil fuels. Trump is staying behind by focusing on saving coal. There are more factors at play than the regulations that Trump is removing. Even some people in the industry are skeptical that coal jobs will come streaming back.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN16Z1L6

"I cannot tell you how many jobs the executive order is going to create, but I can tell you that it provides confidence in this administration’s commitment to the coal industry," Kentucky Coal Association president Tyler White told Reuters.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/24/inve...ion/index.html

Even Robert Murray, the CEO of the largest U.S. private coal miner, thinks Trump is going to have a hard time keeping his coal promises.
    Coal employment "can't be brought back to where it was before the election of Barack Obama," the Murray Energy CEO recently told CNNMoney, adding that he asked Trump to "temper" his coal promises.

Another quote from the Money article.
    Despite Trump's best intentions and regulation-busting actions, experts don't believe they will be enough to save coal.
    That's because coal has a fierce competitor in the form of natural gas. It's cheap, it's clean and there's a ton of it in the U.S. Plus, Trump himself supports expanded drilling of U.S. shale, the chief source of the boom in natural gas.
    "The coal jobs aren't coming back," said James Van Nostrand, director of the Center for Energy and Sustainable Development at West Virginia University College of Law.
    He called it "nonsense" to think lighter regulation will change that. "The coal industry is being pounded by market forces. It's not regulation," he said.

Trump can attempt to remove regulations but what is he going to do about the natural gas competition?

I know Trump needs to try to help them for political reasons since they are part of his base, but he might not end up having much of an effect and we need to move toward renewable sources anyway. I'm glad to see that the rest of the world is continuing on despite Trump's actions.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kmoney For Your Post:

rexlunae (April 25th, 2017),Rusha (April 17th, 2017),WizardofOz (April 17th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's already done the best thing for us ------- kept Hillary from being our President.
    Well, that is correct, but most voted for that reason alone, out of self defense. It isn't like Trump wowed alot of folks and people actually voted FOR the man on principle.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,974 Times in 1,021 Posts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

US President Donald Trump has been mocked on social media for hypocrisy for a tweet in 2012 that accused the White House of a lack of transparency.

The Twitter backlash came as Trump's administration announced on Friday (14 April) that it would not release the White House visitor's log.

link

Should the White House make their visitor log public?
    That article says that the disclosures began under Obama, so there isn't a long tradition of it. I wonder if previous administrations who didn't cited security risks and privacy concerns like Trump is doing. Or maybe it just never really came up until now? I would lean toward having the transparency but I might be able to see some privacy concerns. Maybe there could be a way to have different classifications of visitors and only disclose some of them.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 3,248 Posts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    US President Donald Trump has been mocked on social media ....

The Twitter backlash .....

social media is for retards

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

shopkinslpskids (July 18th, 2017)

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,683 Times in 1,274 Posts

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
    The world is trying to move off fossil fuels. Trump is staying behind by focusing on saving coal. There are more factors at play than the regulations that Trump is removing. Even some people in the industry are skeptical that coal jobs will come streaming back.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN16Z1L6

"I cannot tell you how many jobs the executive order is going to create, but I can tell you that it provides confidence in this administration’s commitment to the coal industry," Kentucky Coal Association president Tyler White told Reuters.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/24/inve...ion/index.html

Even Robert Murray, the CEO of the largest U.S. private coal miner, thinks Trump is going to have a hard time keeping his coal promises.
    Coal employment "can't be brought back to where it was before the election of Barack Obama," the Murray Energy CEO recently told CNNMoney, adding that he asked Trump to "temper" his coal promises.

Another quote from the Money article.
    Despite Trump's best intentions and regulation-busting actions, experts don't believe they will be enough to save coal.
    That's because coal has a fierce competitor in the form of natural gas. It's cheap, it's clean and there's a ton of it in the U.S. Plus, Trump himself supports expanded drilling of U.S. shale, the chief source of the boom in natural gas.
    "The coal jobs aren't coming back," said James Van Nostrand, director of the Center for Energy and Sustainable Development at West Virginia University College of Law.
    He called it "nonsense" to think lighter regulation will change that. "The coal industry is being pounded by market forces. It's not regulation," he said.

Trump can attempt to remove regulations but what is he going to do about the natural gas competition?

I know Trump needs to try to help them for political reasons since they are part of his base, but he might not end up having much of an effect and we need to move toward renewable sources anyway. I'm glad to see that the rest of the world is continuing on despite Trump's actions.
    Ask the poor people in America how happy they are about the rising cost of energy.

More importantly, ask the people in developing countries how happy they are about moving away from fossil fuels. It keeps them mired in poverty and disease. Don't tell me the world is moving away from fossil fuels. The elites and the suckers that follow them are moving away.....the people who have no voice and no real information are not on board.

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    social media is for retards
    No one tweets as much as Trump

Is he a retard for tweeting so often?

― Theodore Roosevelt

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WizardofOz For Your Post:

rexlunae (April 25th, 2017),Rusha (April 17th, 2017)

Thread Information