Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    I agree they should. But that really isn't the point. They returned the favor. And now we are upset..maybe if we learn not to meddle in others affairs, this thing may not happen.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TOL mobile app
    I fully agree. We have pissed off a lot of other countries and meddled particularly with Islamic powers (Got terrorism?).

When Trump said America First I interpreted that as getting out of other's affairs. He bombed Syria. He sided against Qatar and is buddying up to various powers. I thought we would become more like Switzerland. The Founding Fathers stated we should not stick our noses in foreign nation's businesses to avoid entanglements. So much for that.
    Proverbs 17:19 Whoever loves a quarrel loves sin

2. The Following User Says Thank You to exminister For Your Post:

drbrumley (July 17th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,739 Times in 10,357 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by exminister View Post
    Its the right who started to embraced Putin that helped Trump win. Georgia was invaded by the Russians when W was president. Nothing really came of that. Then Putin invaded Ukraine when Obama was president and it made Obama look weak. That is the clarion call for the right. So Putin began to be praised. Giuliani was one of the first to sing the praises of Putin saying "unlike Obama, Putin is what you call a leader". Trump with his financial connections to Russian oligarchs and as the poster child of the birther movement, he praises Putin continually. So the party of Ronald Reagan calling Russia "the evil empire" in one generation completely changed the mindset of many on the right. It is really amazing when you think about it. So it was Obama's fault because of the right's intense hatred of Obama that "helped Trump win" and not without Russia's further aid and abetting.

I thought you were going to avoid this topic until it blows over?
    It's already blown over. No crimes, no charges
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    OK. Good to know.

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably not.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,739 Times in 10,357 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

OK. Good to know.
    Sorry the Fake Media got you hopes and dreams up again. Seems to be a pattern
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

Thanks
    Thanked 1,931 Times in 993 Posts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that pretty much defines hypocrisy..::
    Is it apples to apples though?

Based on what I read in the article it appears that a team of Americans became regular advisers on Yeltsin's campaign.
    In the Trump/Russia case you have Russians potentially giving ill-gotten information to Trump's team, and possibly more. It isn't as if Trump hired some Russians to advise on messaging and TV ads, which is what your Time article talks about.

Don't get me wrong, if Trump had done that I imagine there would still be a lot of criticism, but I also don't think it's a completely fair comparison.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kmoney For Your Post:

exminister (July 17th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,931 Times in 993 Posts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Russia didn't "help Trump win" - that's a left wing urban legend
    Hard to say, but I don't mind agreeing that Trump would have won without their efforts.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the "Real" Media did the same thing for 8 years.
    You know things like death panels and all your guns were going to be taken away.

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its only "fake" when its critical of "The Donald" - the self-appointed arbitrator of what constitutes "truth!"

I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,220 Times in 10,863 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post

Its only "fake" when its critical of "The Donald" - the self-appointed arbitrator of what constitutes "truth!"
    Its fake because its cnn.
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

Tambora (Yesterday)

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By Christopher Ingraham July 17 at 3:32 PM

Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Monday said he'd be issuing a new directive this week aimed at increasing police seizures of cash and property.

“We hope to issue this week a new directive on asset forfeiture — especially for drug traffickers,” Sessions said in his prepared remarks for a speech to the National District Attorney's Association in Minneapolis. "With care and professionalism, we plan to develop policies to increase forfeitures. No criminal should be allowed to keep the proceeds of their crime. Adoptive forfeitures are appropriate as is sharing with our partners."

Asset forfeiture is a disputed practice that allows law enforcement officials to permanently take money and goods from individuals suspected of crime. There is little disagreement among lawmakers, authorities and criminal justice reformers that “no criminal should be allowed to keep the proceeds of their crime.” But in many cases, neither a criminal conviction nor even a criminal charge is necessary — under forfeiture laws in most states and at the federal level, mere suspicion of wrongdoing is enough to allow police to seize items permanently.

Additionally, many states allow law enforcement agencies to keep cash that they seize, creating what critics characterize as a profit motive. The practice is widespread: in 2014, federal law enforcement officers took more property from citizens than burglars did. State and local authorities seized untold millions more.

Since 2007, the Drug Enforcement Administration alone has taken more than $3 billion in cash from people not charged with any crime, according to the Justice Department's Inspector General.

The practice is ripe for abuse. In one case in 2016, Oklahoma police seized $53,000 owned by a Christian band, an orphanage and a church after stopping a man on a highway for a broken taillight. A few years earlier, a Michigan drug task force raided the home of a self-described “soccer mom,” suspecting she was not in compliance with the state's medical marijuana law. They proceeded to take “every belonging” from the family, including tools, a bicycle and her daughter's birthday money.

In recent years, states have begun to clamp down on the practice.

“Thirteen states now allow forfeiture only in cases where there's been a criminal conviction,” said Robert Everett Johnson, an attorney for the Institute for Justice, a public interest law firm that represents forfeiture defendants.

In 2015, Eric Holder's Justice Department issued a memo sharply curtailing a particular type of forfeiture practice that allowed local police to share part of their forfeiture proceeds with federal authorities. Known as “adoptive” forfeiture, it allowed state and local authorities to sidestep sometimes stricter state laws, processing forfeiture cases under the more permissive federal statute.

These types of forfeitures amounted to a small total of assets seized by federal authorities, so the overall impact on forfeiture practices was relatively muted. Still, criminal justice reform groups on the left and the right cheered the move as a signal that the Obama administration was serious about curtailing forfeiture abuses.

In his speech Monday, Attorney General Sessions appeared to specifically call out adoptive forfeitures as an area for potential expansion. “Adoptive forfeitures are appropriate,” he said, “as is sharing with our partners.”

“This is a federalism issue,” Johnson said. “Any return to federal adoptive forfeitures would “circumvent limitations on civil forfeiture that are imposed by state legislatures … the Department of Justice is saying 'we're going to help state and local law enforcement to get around those reforms.'”

The Department of Justice did not return a request for comment.

LINK

Trump's cracking away at the First Amendment while Session's cracks away at the Fourth.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose you liked the no regulation of the Bush era which brought on the economic collapse.

Spoken like a true Keynesian....which basically means you haven't a clue
    I have considered this and it still makes no sense, so I haven't a clue. My preference for dialogue is you would have explained rather than labeled. My gut told me this economic policy is let the government spend money to get the economy going. I wasn't referring to what Obama did but what George Bush did. I referenced Dodd-Frank and not the ARRA economic bail-out. That is entirely a different matter which I think you leaped to the conclusion I was onboard for that. I don't think we should let the foxes guard the hen house and with all the current mindless deregulation and cabinet appointees is essentially making that so. We have been gone down this path before and I don't want to see my investments tank again.

Do you, like Sod, see no value and even harm in Federal economic regulations like my original post had intended?
    Also if you think there should not be any economic or financial regulation what are your thoughts on the FDA and the post I submitted a few days back about putting a harmful chemical in boxed Mac & Cheese? Has the government over-stepped its bounds yet again?

My post on chemicals in food
    http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5064373

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump has been AWESOME for evangelicals like me. He took out a law Johnson made that said churches can't talk about Politics. He also banned taxpayer abortions.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the travel ban. I wish it were a Muslim ban.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    He shocked the system, upended the apple cart, flipped over the table.
    He destroyed the political power structure in America.
    Where did Jeb! get the 100 million dollars for his primary campaign? Where did Hillary get the BILLION dollars she spent?
    A lot of people got ripped off and I think that's hilarious.
    The people spoke and they didn't say what they were supposed to say, nobody saw this coming.
    It warms the cockles of my heart that the American people did something different for a change.

Wearing Crocs in public.
    MAGA

Thread Information