User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41

Thread: Does the Father know evil?

  1. #16
    Over 3000 post club daqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Olam Haba
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    783
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 859 Posts

    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198434
    Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    I do so see him reflecting the glory of his Father.
    I have been blessed with a measure of understanding that most do not see. You have been given much more.


    Sent from my iPad using TOL
    After seeing how my post came out in your quote I have to wonder if your iPad displays Hebrew characters properly or not. I will go see if I can find a small image file and perhaps be able to say it again in a better way.

  2. #17
    Over 3000 post club daqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Olam Haba
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    783
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 859 Posts

    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198434
    "He that has seen me has seen the Father", (John 14:9)
    If you look intently you may see the Son:



    The Son is in the bosom of the Father at His right hand side.



    Psalm 138:1-2 (LXX)
    1 (137:1) A Psalm for David, of Aggaeus and Zacharias. I will give Thee thanks, O Master, with my whole heart; and I will sing psalms unto Thee before the Angels; for Thou hast heard all the words of my mouth.
    2 (137:2) I will worship toward Thy holy temple, and give thanks to Thy name, on account of Thy mercy and Thy truth; for Thou hast magnified Thy holy name over all things.

    Psalm 138:1-2 (M/T)
    1 By David. I confess Thee, with all my heart, Before the Elohim I do praise Thee.
    2 I bow myself toward Thy holy temple, And I confess Thy name, For Thy kindness and for Thy truth, For Thou hast magnified Thy Word over all Thy name.

  3. #18
    Over 3000 post club daqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Olam Haba
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    783
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 859 Posts

    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198434
    Quote Originally Posted by daqq View Post
    Psalm 138:1-2 (M/T)
    1 By David. I confess Thee, with all my heart, Before the Elohim I do praise Thee.
    2 I bow myself toward Thy holy temple, And I confess Thy name, For Thy kindness and for Thy truth, For Thou hast magnified Thy Word over all Thy name.
    The portion highlighted below is the final statement of Psalm 138:2.

    אשתחוה אל־היכל קדשך ואודה את־שמך על־חסדך ועל־אמתך כי־הגדלת על־כלש־מך אמרתך׃
    http://biblehub.com/text/psalms/138-2.htm


    Right to left:

    כי־הגדלת על־כלש־מך אמרתך

    Left to right transliterated:

    kiy- hi·gdal·ta `al- kalo·shm·ka imrat·ka

    The particle `al has a wide range of meaning and usage which may sometimes even include amidst or among as it is primarily against, (from an upward position, as generally over-upon-against). Additionally imrateka is a form of amar-imrah, and that is from where Memra is also derived, (Aramaic, Memra, "the Word", as linked in one of the posts on the previous page), and this is much like rhema and logos in that it can also be understood in different ways, such as even "a matter", or "saying", (and of course plural forms). There is therefore no one single or "one and only" way to read the statement; but how I believe and understand it is based on the things from the previous page building up to what I suggest herein:

    "For You have magnified Your Word over-amidst-through-in all Your Name."

    And that is because the Memra, the Word, He is Yah, in-amidst but also up against the right hand side of the name of the Father; and thus the name of the Son is at the commencement, the beginning, the very arche of the name of the Father, although the name of the Son is not the full name of the Father. So the Father is greater, for the Son is in the very bosom of His name; but He exalts the name of His Son within His own name because it is against the right hand side, (the beginning). This can be none other than the Memra-Logos-Word of the Father even as we read in John 1:1. And when the Son descended from the heavens He completed the work of rooting out the evil one from among the elohim; and He has restored Eden to those who do His commandments, and faithfully continue in His Testimony: and for those who endure unto the end, and overcome, He has shown the Way. Hallelu-in-Yah!

  4. #19
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    149
    Thanked 38 Times in 27 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2327
    Quote Originally Posted by daqq View Post
    The portion highlighted below is the final statement of Psalm 138:2.

    אשתחוה אל־היכל קדשך ואודה את־שמך על־חסדך ועל־אמתך כי־הגדלת על־כלש־מך אמרתך׃
    http://biblehub.com/text/psalms/138-2.htm


    Right to left:

    כי־הגדלת על־כלש־מך אמרתך

    Left to right transliterated:

    kiy- hi·gdal·ta `al- kalo·shm·ka imrat·ka

    The particle `al has a wide range of meaning and usage which may sometimes even include amidst or among as it is primarily against, (from an upward position, as generally over-upon-against). Additionally imrateka is a form of amar-imrah, and that is from where Memra is also derived, (Aramaic, Memra, "the Word", as linked in one of the posts on the previous page), and this is much like rhema and logos in that it can also be understood in different ways, such as even "a matter", or "saying", (and of course plural forms). There is therefore no one single or "one and only" way to read the statement; but how I believe and understand it is based on the things from the previous page building up to what I suggest herein:

    "For You have magnified Your Word over-amidst-through-in all Your Name."

    And that is because the Memra, the Word, He is Yah, in-amidst but also up against the right hand side of the name of the Father; and thus the name of the Son is at the commencement, the beginning, the very arche of the name of the Father, although the name of the Son is not the full name of the Father. So the Father is greater, for the Son is in the very bosom of His name; but He exalts the name of His Son within His own name because it is against the right hand side, (the beginning). This can be none other than the Memra-Logos-Word of the Father even as we read in John 1:1. And when the Son descended from the heavens He completed the work of rooting out the evil one from among the elohim; and He has restored Eden to those who do His commandments, and faithfully continue in His Testimony: and for those who endure unto the end, and overcome, He has shown the Way. Hallelu-in-Yah!


    Eph.4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as also ye were called in one hope of your calling;
    5one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
    6one God and Father of all, who is over all, and through all, and in all.

    God is in all.


    1Jn.1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.


    No darkness in God.

    God is in the darkness.



    Col.1:15 (Son) who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;

    16 for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto(into) him;


    all things have been created through him, and unto(into) him;


    17and he is before all things, and in him all things consist.


    All things consist in the Son
    .


    Col.3:11where there cannot be Greek and Jew, circumcision and uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, bondman, freeman; but Christ is all, and in all.

    Christ is in all.


    God created darkness in the Son.



    Peace.

  5. #20
    Over 1500 post club Zeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,945
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked 259 Times in 234 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125254
    Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    I do so see him reflecting the glory of his Father.
    I have been blessed with a measure of understanding that most do not see. You have been given much more.


    Sent from my iPad using TOL
    Yet does a son never mature into manhood? That's why I asked you if you will always remain in the state of a son or also become a father!

    Sent from my A462C using TheologyOnline mobile app
    Trying to awaken the divine principle in the belly of the fish.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeke For Your Post:

    keypurr (April 21st, 2017)

  7. #21
    Over 6000 post club keypurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    6,515
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 419 Times in 348 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    141120
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
    Yet does a son never mature into manhood? That's why I asked you if you will always remain in the state of a son or also become a father!

    Sent from my A462C using TheologyOnline mobile app
    Good question. Would the Son ever be as great as his Father?

    Why would think of manhood when discussing heavenly things.

    Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

    Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

    Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

    I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

  8. #22
    Over 3000 post club daqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Olam Haba
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    783
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 859 Posts

    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198434
    Quote Originally Posted by Notaclue View Post
    God created darkness in the Son.
    One reason I said, "He completed the work of rooting out the evil one" is because the Master says this:

    John 14:30 KJV
    30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.


    In Gen 3:1 we read that the serpent was more subtle-cunning-crafty than any of the beasts of the field which Elohim had created. That word for suble, cunning, or crafty, (`arum), is a play on the same word for naked, (`arom), which was just used in the previous statement of Gen 2:25, (but they are even the same word without the pointing). What this therefore implies is that the serpent was more nakedly shameless than any of the other of the beasts of the field. We no doubt understand this to be true by his very first words which are a bold faced lie and affront to the warning given to Adam, (for he says to the woman, "Ye shall not surely die"). However we read of him in the Prophet Ezekiel, that he was created perfect, that is, until iniquity was found in him:

    Ezekiel 28:12-15 KJV
    12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
    13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
    14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
    15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.


    He was in Eden the garden of Elohim, full of wisdom, perfect in beauty, perfect in his ways from the day he was created, until iniquity was found in him; and he thus became shamelessly naked and cunningly crafty, `arum, and more subtle and sly than any other of the beasts of the field. Thus he fell from his former estate; but he was not originally created with darkness because he was created perfect. The darkness came through the first man Adam, when he transgressed the commandment, and Paul tells us that the first man Adam is the one which was formed of dust from the adamah in Gen 2:7. If the first man Adam is the one from Gen 2:7 then where is the second man? The second man from the heavens can be none other than the re-creation of Adam in Gen 1:26-27.

    1 Corinthians 15:45-49 ASV
    45 So also it is written, The first man Adam became a living soul
    [Gen 2:7]. The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
    46 Howbeit that is not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; then that which is spiritual.
    47 The first man is of the earth, earthy:
    [Gen 2:7] the second man is of heaven [Gen 1:26-27].
    48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
    49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.


    Understand and see what this means? There is no way around it if you claim to believe Paul: the first man Adam was formed of dust from the adamah-soil, in Gen 2:7, and therefore the creation account is not delivered in chronological order, (because Genesis chapter one is prophecy which is not even fully accomplished until the six hours of the new creation at Golgotha, in Messiah, where darkness covered all the land from the sixth hour to the ninth hour: three hours of light and three hours of darkness, divided). This necessarily means, in my doctrine, that the creation account begins in Gen 2:4 because of the colophon statement:

    Genesis 2:4-7
    4 These are the generations of the heavens and the earth, when they were created, in the Day that Elohim made earth and heavens:
    5 Even before any plant of the field was in the earth, and before any herb of the field had sprouted up; for Elohim had not brought rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the adamah-soil.
    6 But there went up a fountain-mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the adamah.
    7 And Elohim formed the adam of dust from the adamah, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and the adam became a living soul.


    And this account does not end until the next colophon statement:

    Genesis 5:1-2
    1 This is the book of the generations of Adam; in the Day Elohim cut-down-created man, in the likeness of Elohim made He him:
    2 Male and female He created them, and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the Day when they were created.


    As we see this colophon statement refers the reader back to Gen 1:26-27, and herein the text states that Elohim called their name Adam in that creation account; and this is true in that passage, for there is one instance where the article is not found as it is in so many other places, (Adam as opposed to ha-adam). What this means is that Adam was not given that name until his re-creation, which is not found until Gen 1:27, which is the second man from the heavens.

    Genesis 1:26-28
    26 And Elohim said, Let us make Adam in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.
    27 So Elohim cut-down-created ha-adam in His own image, in the image of Elohim He cut-down-created him; male and female He created them.
    28 And Elohim blessed them, and Elohim said to them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moves upon the earth.


    And according to Paul this is the second man from the heavens; and no doubt this is the teaching because the second man is given dominion over all things, (excepting the One who subjected all things under his feet). Therefore, because of the contexts and the colophon statements, Genesis chapter one belongs directly before Genesis chapter five which is "the book of life from the foundation of the world", (for every name written in Genesis five is written to have "lived", while Genesis four is "the book of the dead" because none therein are ever written to have "lived" though their names are written, (they are thus "permanent dwellers upon the land", Rev 13:8, and likened to desert nomad wanderers, i.e. land of Nod-wandering)). In this way Elohim did not create darkness but rather darkness is the result of the transgression and fall of the first man Adam; and therefore he died, just as he was warned, and in the beginning of the new creation he was cut down so that the light might be separated from the darkness. The word used for beginning is reshiyt, which comes from rosh, meaning head, and by this the first word of Gen 1:1, (breshiyt), may be understood as "in a strong head", that is, in this understanding, the strong, prideful, willingly disobedient head of the first man Adam because of the transgression and fall. When you read the text in this way it makes perfect sense:

    Genesis 1:1-4
    1 In a strong head Elohim cuts down the heavens and the earth:
    2 And the earth is wasted and void, and darkness is upon the face of the abyss: and Ruach Elohim broods upon the face of the waters.
    3 And Elohim says, Let there be light: and there is light.
    4 And Elohim beholds the light, that it is good: and Elohim divides the light from the darkness.


    It is an ongoing event concerning the re-creation of fallen man: each in his or her own appointed times, for all the Prophets and the Torah prophesied until Yohanan, (Matthew 11:13). Elohim cuts down darkness and evil; but at the same time He creates life, for He says, "I kill, and I make alive", (Dt 32:29-40), and no doubt He does them both at the same time because it is for our own good and final outcome, being sons of the Elohim of Light and Love.

  9. #23
    Over 3000 post club daqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Olam Haba
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    783
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 859 Posts

    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198434
    Who therefore is the son of Man, (son of Adam), according to king David in the Psalm?

    Psalm 8:4-8 (Psalm of David)
    4 What is man,
    [enosh], that You are mindful of him? and the son of Adam, that You visit him?
    5 For You have made him a little lower than the Elohim, and have crowned him with glory and honor.
    6 You made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands;
    [Gen 1:26] You have put all things under his feet:
    7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field:
    8 The fowls of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passes through the paths of the seas
    [Gen 1:26-28].

    That is the "new creation" man in Messiah.

  10. #24
    Over 3000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,804
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 156 Times in 126 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    46296
    Does the Father know evil?

    Know as having done evil?

    Know as being aware of evil?

    Know as having had evil done to him?

    Know as being aware of the eventual consequences to those who do evil?

    Know as being aware of what evil actions do to others?

    What do you mean?
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  11. #25
    Over 1500 post club Zeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,945
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked 259 Times in 234 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125254
    Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    Good question. Would the Son ever be as great as his Father?

    Why would think of manhood when discussing heavenly things.

    Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app
    Because the kingdom is in man Luke 17:20-21 that's why.

    Sent from my A462C using TheologyOnline mobile app
    Trying to awaken the divine principle in the belly of the fish.

  12. #26
    Over 6000 post club keypurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    6,515
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 419 Times in 348 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    141120
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
    Because the kingdom is in man Luke 17:20-21 that's why.

    Sent from my A462C using TheologyOnline mobile app
    I do not see that as the topic of this thread.

    Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

    Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

    Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

    I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

  13. #27
    Over 3000 post club daqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Olam Haba
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    783
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 859 Posts

    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198434
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    Does the Father know evil?

    Know as having done evil?

    Know as being aware of evil?

    Know as having had evil done to him?

    Know as being aware of the eventual consequences to those who do evil?

    Know as being aware of what evil actions do to others?

    What do you mean?
    At the time this thread was posted there was another poster whom I know from another board in the past, who had just begun to post here in this board, (somewhat like a "nemisis" for his opposing positions though I do not count man as a true enemy). He is pretty much an old school Gnostic believing that the Father, (YHWH), created evil and shed the blood of mankind, (for example because of the flood), and because of passages such as what has been discussed here in the opening post. I suspect that this thread would have been much more lively and full of debate, being full of his opposing opinions, but unfortunately he was deleted shortly after this thread was posted, (DayAfterYesterday). Anyway it is pretty simple from the opening post which I will narrow down to one passage to make the point more clear:

    Genesis 3:21-23 KJVRN
    3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did YHWH Elohim make coats of skins, and clothed them.
    3:22 And YHWH Elohim said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
    3:23 Therefore YHWH Elohim sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

    http://yahushua.net/scriptures/gen3.htm

    Genesis 3:21-23 LXX-Septuagint (Brenton Translation)
    3:21 And the Lord God made for Adam and his wife garments of skin, and clothed them.
    3:22 And God said, Behold, Adam is become as one of us, to know good and evil, and now lest at any time he stretch forth his hand, and take of the tree of life and eat, and so he shall live forever—
    3:23 So the Lord God sent him forth out of the garden of Delight to cultivate the ground out of which he was taken.

    http://biblehub.com/sep/genesis/3.htm

    Depending on which version you decide to believe you either end up on the Gnostic side, (whether you realize it or not), or you end up protecting the holy name of the Most High Father. The English renderings of the Hebrew text all emphatically imply that YHWH Elohim knows evil, (by the context of the statement in Gen 3:22), while the Septuagint rendering says no such thing because "God", ("ο θεος", Theos, which is the equivalent for Elohim), does not always mean "God Almighty", (YHWH Elohim, the Father). Those who rendered the Hebrew text into the Greek Septuagint some three hundred years before the advent of Messiah, (especially the Torah portions), were not reading the text in the same way that modern scholarship is reading the text. The reasons why this is true are explained on the first page of this thread, (mainly because there was no such thing as word spacing in the earlier Hebrew texts and the waw-vav was not only a letter but often used as a word separator which may or may not have required translation depending on the passage or statement).

    Therefore I ask, which one of the following two readings is true and correct:

    Genesis 3:22 M/T
    3:22 And YHWH Elohim said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

    Genesis 3:22 LXX
    3:22 And the Elohim said, Behold, Adam is become as one of us, to know good and evil, and now lest at any time he stretch forth his hand, and take of the tree of life and eat, and so he shall live forever?


    YHWH Elohim is the Father according to manifold passages throughout the entire Tanakh. The LXX-Septuagint does not say that the Father knows evil; but all of the English translations of the Hebrew text do indeed say that the Father YHWH Elohim knows evil. All it requires is a simple reading of the text and a fair comprehension of what it plainly says. It is a typical dilemma as found in many things throughout the scripture. You can resolve it by loving the Father with all of your heart, and with all of your soul, and with all of your mind|strength.
    Last edited by daqq; April 23rd, 2017 at 01:34 AM.

  14. #28
    Over 3000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,804
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 156 Times in 126 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    46296
    Quote Originally Posted by daqq View Post
    At the time this thread was posted there was another poster whom I know from another board in the past, who had just begun to post here in this board, (somewhat like a "nemisis" for his opposing positions though I do not count man as a true enemy). He is pretty much an old school Gnostic believing that the Father, (YHWH), created evil and shed the blood of mankind, (for example because of the flood), and because of passages such as what has been discussed here in the opening post. I suspect that this thread would have been much more lively and full of debate, being full of his opposing opinions, but unfortunately he was deleted shortly after this thread was posted, (DayAfterYesterday). Anyway it is pretty simple from the opening post which I will narrow down to one passage to make the point more clear:

    Genesis 3:21-23 KJVRN
    3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did YHWH Elohim make coats of skins, and clothed them.
    3:22 And YHWH Elohim said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
    3:23 Therefore YHWH Elohim sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

    http://yahushua.net/scriptures/gen3.htm

    Genesis 3:21-23 LXX-Septuagint (Brenton Translation)
    3:21 And the Lord God made for Adam and his wife garments of skin, and clothed them.
    3:22 And God said, Behold, Adam is become as one of us, to know good and evil, and now lest at any time he stretch forth his hand, and take of the tree of life and eat, and so he shall live forever—
    3:23 So the Lord God sent him forth out of the garden of Delight to cultivate the ground out of which he was taken.

    http://biblehub.com/sep/genesis/3.htm

    Depending on which version you decide to believe you either end up on the Gnostic side, (whether you realize it or not), or you end up protecting the holy name of the Most High Father. The English renderings of the Hebrew text all emphatically imply that YHWH Elohim knows evil, (by the context of the statement in Gen 3:22), while the Septuagint rendering says no such thing because "God", ("ο θεος", Theos, which is the equivalent for Elohim), does not always mean "God Almighty", (YHWH Elohim, the Father). Those who rendered the Hebrew text into the Greek Septuagint some three hundred years before the advent of Messiah, (especially the Torah portions), were not reading the text in the same way that modern scholarship is reading the text. The reasons why this is true are explained on the first page of this thread, (mainly because there was no such thing as word spacing in the earlier Hebrew texts and the waw-vav was not only a letter but often used as a word separator which may or may not have required translation depending on the passage or statement).

    Therefore I ask, which one of the following two readings is true and correct:

    Genesis 3:22 M/T
    3:22 And YHWH Elohim said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

    Genesis 3:22 LXX
    3:22 And the Elohim said, Behold, Adam is become as one of us, to know good and evil, and now lest at any time he stretch forth his hand, and take of the tree of life and eat, and so he shall live forever?


    YHWH Elohim is the Father according to manifold passages throughout the entire Tanakh. The LXX-Septuagint does not say that the Father knows evil; but all of the English translations of the Hebrew text do indeed say that the Father YHWH Elohim knows evil. All it requires is a simple reading of the text and a fair comprehension of what it plainly says. It is a typical dilemma as found in many things throughout the scripture. You can resolve it by loving the Father with all of your heart, and with all of your soul, and with all of your mind.
    Since God is always good, God is light 1 John 1:5, and in Him is no darkness at all, to suggest that God knows evil because He does evil is dead wrong. However God determines what is good and what is evil. He sets the rules because He alone is wise and worthy to make that call. It is not in man's ability to decree what is good or evil. Men err grossly when they assume that they inherently know what is good and what is evil. Adam and Eve knew whatwas right and wrong and they still messed up. Man needs to humble themselves before God.
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to oatmeal For Your Post:

    daqq (April 25th, 2017)

  16. #29
    Over 1500 post club Zeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,945
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked 259 Times in 234 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125254
    Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    I do not see that as the topic of this thread.

    Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app
    The Father is part of the kingdom in you where the good and evil teaches the son about divine love and maturity .into?

    Sent from my A462C using TheologyOnline mobile app
    Trying to awaken the divine principle in the belly of the fish.

  17. #30
    Over 6000 post club keypurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    6,515
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 419 Times in 348 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    141120
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
    The Father is part of the kingdom in you where the good and evil teaches the son about divine love and maturity .into?

    Sent from my A462C using TheologyOnline mobile app
    Amen, the spirit of the Father is within us. So is the spirit of Christ. A spirit of love that overcomes evil.


    Sent from my iPad using TOL
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

    Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

    Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

    I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keypurr For Your Post:

    daqq (April 25th, 2017),Zeke (April 24th, 2017)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us