Thanked 18,457 Times in 11,626 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The left’s ‘triggers’ now include chicken sandwiches and long hair

Wednesday on “The Morning Blaze,” Doc Thompson shared the latest roundup of things that “trigger” the politically correct.

“Do chicken sandwiches trigger you? Listening to vice presidents speak about life makes you unsafe? Having long nice hair is wrong because of ‘hair privilege’? … All triggers, all horrible things you need a safe space from.”

Last month, a student at Duquesne University said the school’s plans to bring a Chick-fil-A restaurant to campus might put LGBT students “at risk.”

“The chicken is good. That’s all you need to know,” Doc said, referencing NFL linebacker Justin Durant’s 2012 tweet which said Chick-fil-A was “too tasty” for CEO Dan Cathy’s personal beliefs to matter.

In another recent example of PC culture gone amok, University of Notre Dame students launched a campaign against Vice President Mike Pence after he was asked to be their commencement speaker. Students wrote on whiteboards about feeling “unsafe” hosting Pence on campus, rallying around the Twitter campaign #notmycommencementspeaker.

The “hair privilege” story, meanwhile, comes from a Villanova student who shaved her head so she could be “liberated” from social norms.

After reviewing these bizarre developments, Doc found himself flabbergasted: “Have you lost your minds?”
    Mass mental illness. Especially the hair thing.

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (April 14th, 2017),Tambora (April 14th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Villanova Student Shaves Her Head to Confront ‘Hair Privilege’

A Villanova student claims that shaving her head helped her confront her “hair privilege,” as well as “society’s oppressive gender norms.”

“I’m not a big fan of being oppressed, and I don’t like it,” said Yvonne Nguyen in a Facebook live video where she shaved her head on camera to Beyoncé songs. Since this article’s publication, she has taken down the video.

[her shaved pic and what she did look like]
    Spoiler

In an op-ed for the student newspaper, Nguyen said that the oppressive societal gender norms had made her feel like she was only a “true girl” if her hair was “long, straight and silky.”

“Shaving my head enabled me to be reflective of ways society forces me to conform to labels that I didn’t choose,” she wrote. “Shaving my head liberated me, as I allowed myself to be faithful to my values and genuine self.”

“At the same time, I’m also very privileged,” Nguyen added in her Facebook video, explaining that her bald head was a show of solidarity for people with cancer or alopecia. “I would like to remember the privilege I have in terms of being able to grow my hair out,” she wrote in the accompanying post.

“Dude, this is awesome that you’re doing this,” one of Nguyen’s friends commented as she shaved her head.

“I’m saving all this money so I can go to grad school and save the world,” Ngyuen said in the video when her haircut was complete.

Nguyen said she chose to shave her head on St. Patrick’s Day—also celebrated as St. Baldrick’s Day, where people shave their head in support of childhood cancer research. Since she posted her Facebook live, it has gained more than 1,400 views.

Reflecting on her decision nearly three weeks later, Nguyen said that going bald was part of a choice “to be a woman for others.”

“One must forgo some of their undeserved privileges to provide justice for others,” she concluded. “Are you wiling to shave?”
    How utterly weird.

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (April 14th, 2017),Tambora (April 14th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,173 Times in 6,336 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The righteous shall rejoice....
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (April 14th, 2017),Tambora (April 14th, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,352 Times in 3,269 Posts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    imagine how "liberated" she'd feel if she amputated an arm

or gave herself a lobotomy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (April 14th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't college kids used to eat gold fish some time ago or, in other words....who cares?
    _/\_

Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to quip For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (April 14th, 2017),glassjester (April 14th, 2017),Rusha (April 18th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,067 Times in 18,207 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post

The far-left liberals are very weak and therefore, intellectually malnourished.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (April 14th, 2017),Tambora (April 14th, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    Didn't college kids used to eat gold fish some time ago ....

yes, they did

“One must forgo some of their undeserved privileges to provide justice for others,” she concluded.

did they eat goldfish in the belief that it would magically "provide justice for others"?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (April 14th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    yes, they did

“One must forgo some of their undeserved privileges to provide justice for others,” she concluded.

did they eat goldfish in the belief that it would magically "provide justice for others"?
    What part of "who cares" did you miss?

Latch on to a cause that actually amounts to something beyond your petty whining and moaning.
    _/\_

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    What part of "who cares" did you miss?
    the part where you keep posting about it

quipthetard

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    the part where you keep posting about it

quipthetard
    Another brilliant repartee!
    Go tend to your "compact" concerns.
    _/\_

18. The Following User Says Thank You to quip For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (April 14th, 2017)

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post

mental illness is believing the Blaze

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDante View Post
    mental illness is believing the Blaze
    how about the school newspaper?

http://www.villanovan.com/opinion/sh...0299b5b2c.html

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (April 14th, 2017),ClimateSanity (April 16th, 2017),glassjester (April 14th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason they object to Chick-Fil-A is because the owners, the Cathy family, have contributed millions of dollars to vicious anti-gay organizations such as The Family Research Council, the American Family Association and others .
    How can you blame them . These organizations aren't just opposed to same sex marriage, but gay rights in general .

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horn View Post
    ... gay rights in general .
    i'm all for gay rights

gays have the right to be arrested, tried and executed

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Horn View Post
    The reason they object to Chick-Fil-A is because the owners, the Cathy family, have contributed millions of dollars to vicious anti-gay organizations such as The Family Research Council, the American Family Association and others .
    How can you blame them . These organizations aren't just opposed to same sex marriage, but gay rights in general .
    Can they not just not eat there? Or do they think a sandwich will attack them?

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

ClimateSanity (April 16th, 2017),Tambora (April 16th, 2017),WizardofOz (April 14th, 2017)

Thread Information