TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    You get all that from one verse?
    Not at all. They are all entwined sorta. Reading one brings connections to things perhaps read elsewhere but edifying the same points.

Never read a singular verse alone when attempting to discern without bias.

Right?

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,405 Times in 914 Posts

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    I will be right back to get it
    Hurry, GT, I'm waiting!

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Lord bless you and keep you, I pray.
    The fourth chapter of Ruth, verses 14-15 (KJV)

14 And the women said unto Naomi, Blessed be the Lord, which hath not left thee this day without a kinsman, that his name may be famous in Israel.

15 And he shall be unto thee a restorer of thy life, and a nourisher of thine old age: for thy daughter in law, which loveth thee, which is better to thee than seven sons, hath born him.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eagles Wings For Your Post:

God's Truth (April 20th, 2017),meshak (April 21st, 2017)

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,198 Times in 933 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    Not at all. They are all entwined sorta. Reading one brings connections to things perhaps read elsewhere but edifying the same points.

Never read a singular verse alone when attempting to discern without bias.

Right?

Yes, but truster used singular verse to justify his claim.

All I want is God's Truth God's Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,422 Posts

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles Wings View Post
    Hurry, GT, I'm waiting!

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Lord bless you and keep you, I pray.
    I was going to message you tonight because I haven't seen you around. It is good to see you. Thank you, and God bless you.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

Eagles Wings (April 20th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are the two translations.

Herb Yahn:
    Proverbs 3:5 Confide in Yah Veh with all your heart and lean not to your own discernment: in all your ways know him and he straightens your paths.

King James 2000 Bible
    Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not unto your own understanding.In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths.

What do you all think?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,405 Times in 914 Posts

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to message you tonight because I haven't seen you around. It is good to see you. Thank you, and God bless you.
    I appreciate your concern. All is well!
    The fourth chapter of Ruth, verses 14-15 (KJV)

14 And the women said unto Naomi, Blessed be the Lord, which hath not left thee this day without a kinsman, that his name may be famous in Israel.

15 And he shall be unto thee a restorer of thy life, and a nourisher of thine old age: for thy daughter in law, which loveth thee, which is better to thee than seven sons, hath born him.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eagles Wings For Your Post:

God's Truth (April 20th, 2017),meshak (April 21st, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles Wings View Post
    I appreciate your concern. All is well!
    That is so good to hear.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

Eagles Wings (April 20th, 2017)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Herb Yahn:
    Proverbs 3:5 Confide in Yah Veh with all your heart and lean not to your own discernment: in all your ways know him and he straightens your paths.

King James 2000 Bible
    Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not unto your own understanding.In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths.
    If we understand both versions to be referencing the One Creator GOD then there should be little problem with the proper noun.

Saying know him as opposed to acknowledge seems a little off. Ultimately the general message is the same though.

Trust in GOD and not your own scheming. Follow what you know is right and know that you will be sustained in doing so without want for self.

One second, sorry....

peace

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are the two translations.

Herb Yahn:

King James 2000 Bible

What do you all think?
    Read from left to right. The grey box is the word acknowledge expounded upon.

peace

Thanks

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we understand both versions to be referencing the One Creator GOD then there should be little problem with the proper noun.

Saying know him as opposed to acknowledge seems a little off. Ultimately the general message is the same though.

Trust in GOD and not your own scheming. Follow what you know is right and know that you will be sustained in doing so without want for self.

One second, sorry....

peace

The reason I think the KJV is better with this scripture is because we do not know God until we obey Him. So then when the Herb Yahn translation tells us to know God and he will straighten your path, it seems like it is lessening the power of obedience.

We should trust God in the beginning before we know Him, even though we DON'T understand exactly why He tells us to do certain things, but if we do what He says anyway, then He will give us understanding. See, that is what helped me before I was saved. I was too focused on not getting why God said to do this and do that, but when I read that scripture, it was a motivation for me to obey Him anyway. And then He did give me understanding.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

popsthebuilder (April 20th, 2017)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason I think the KJV is better with this scripture is because we do not know God until we obey Him. So then when the Herb Yahn translation tells us to know God and he will straighten your path, it seems like it is lessening the power of obedience.

We should trust God in the beginning before we know Him, even though we DON'T understand exactly why He tells us to do certain things, but if we do what He says anyway, then He will give us understanding. See, that is what helped me before I was saved. I was too focused on not getting why God said to do this and do that, but when I read that scripture, it was a motivation for me to obey Him anyway. And then He did give me understanding.
    I am grateful for your understanding. Nowhere near as much as you surely are.

My point here is that the word "acknowledge" isn't much better than the word "know" and for me, personally the word "know" rings true because we mustn't go by what we conflate with faith which in cases can be belief, but must have a faith that is a surety, a knowledge, and a truth....Without a doubt. A reliance. What we can turn to at all intervals for merciful guidance and assurance.

Both words work here to me.

Neither negate being devout/ faithful/ obedient....As you like to say. There is an ancient faith that has a word for blessed obedience.
    I don't recall it, but do recall agreeing with the significance of such.

peace

Thanks

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am grateful for your understanding. Nowhere near as much as you surely are.

My point here is that the word "acknowledge" isn't much better than the word "know" and for me, personally the word "know" rings true because we mustn't go by what we conflate with faith which in cases can be belief, but must have a faith that is a surety, a knowledge, and a truth....Without a doubt. A reliance. What we can turn to at all intervals for merciful guidance and assurance.

Both words work here to me.

Neither negate being devout/ faithful/ obedient....As you like to say. There is an ancient faith that has a word for blessed obedience.
    I don't recall it, but do recall agreeing with the significance of such.

peace

Knowing God does not come before obedience; so then, with that in mind, to lean not on your own discernment would make no sense, for those who know God would not lean on their own discernment, they would lean on what God has revealed to them.

For if you obey God---THEN and ONLY then do you know Him.

That is scripture.

1 John 2:2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world. 3By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;…

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Psalm 119:100 I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To know God does not come before obedience; So then, with that in mind, to lean not on your own discernment would make no sense.

For if you know God---THEN and ONLY then do you know Him.

That is scripture.

1 John 2:2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world. 3By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;…

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Psalm 119:100 I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.
    Surely to know GOD to any sort of breadth is to follow the precepts of GOD.

Your premise may be wholly right. I cannot say for sure because I was, prior to having any faith or belief in GOD, naturally inclined to do good toward others because it seemed like the good and or right thing to do. This could indeed be seen as a sort of obedience to GOD which could have been some prerequisite to being mercifully given faith, but am not sure.

I do agree though really; I think we can have a small partial knowledge of the will of God as it pertains to our life and life as a whole, but to deny such and in doing so, being unfaithful/ disbelieving, or placing wants above said knowledge of GOD (idol worship), one will find themselves bereft of even said small portion they had been initially entrusted with.

I think we are in some level of agreement.?.?.

peace

Thanks

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely to know GOD to any sort of breadth is to follow the precepts of GOD.
    I think one has to do all that He says.

Your premise may be wholly right. I cannot say for sure because I was, prior to having any faith or belief in GOD, naturally inclined to do good toward others because it seemed like the good and or right thing to do.
    I would say that about myself also.
    Did you grow up in a Christian setting?
    I do not even know if you claim a denomination.
    Would you mind explaining a little of your beliefs?

This could indeed be seen as a sort of obedience to GOD which could have been some prerequisite to being mercifully given faith, but am not sure.
    I believe God gives all a measure of faith. It sounds as if you have been influenced much by Luther and or Calvin?

I do think hearing God's Truth is not as easily heard as it was when the apostles themselves preached it during the laying of the foundation. God testified to what they said by allowing them to do miraculous things. We have so many denominations out there now with so many false doctrines that to actually trust someone to teach you the truth is a hard thing. Most people cause more confusion than help. After we study from so many different sources, we end up having to repent of all that we knew.
    I do agree though really; I think we can have a small partial knowledge of the will of God as it pertains to our life and life as a whole, but to deny such and in doing so, being unfaithful/ disbelieving, or placing wants above said knowledge of GOD (idol worship), one will find themselves bereft of even said small portion they had been initially entrusted with.

I think we are in some level of agreement.?.?.

peace
    I am so glad that we do have much in agreement.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

popsthebuilder (April 21st, 2017)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The English word repent is totally inadequate in conveying the force of the new testament Greek. In fact the word repentance has not been translated from the original Greek, but from Romance and Latin.

It actually takes 10 English words to convey what the word repentance means:

"Afterwards to have another mentality than that which went before" (JM)
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thread Information