Thanks
    Thanked 5,888 Times in 4,154 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man Manhandled of United Airlines Flight

This is one video about the man who was dragged of United Airlines Flight. My question is, was he too disagreeable, or maybe a bit off? I wonder? Why not work this out before he was dragged off the plane?

I am sure United was wrong talking this it such a violent extent. It does not seem reasonable to me for him to resist once it was apparent the airline staff would remove him physically?
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Christian theology isn't to be in Christ.

So, what?

believe it!

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,352 Times in 3,269 Posts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    he knew he was being recorded and chose to overreact - the screaming was ridiculous - over it you can hear the security people saying "come on, man" as if saying "good grief, stop being such a drama queen"

remember the "don't taze me bro" guy?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

Ktoyou (April 11th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is more video from CNN. It does seem they feel the man was a victim. I have a hard tie believing a doctor would not apprehend the aggression of the airline staff? It seems he could have insisted on higher payment and free local hotel accommodations.

So, what?

believe it!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

Rusha (April 17th, 2017),WizardofOz (April 11th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,444 Times in 815 Posts

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    United is getting slammed for this and rightfully so. If the plane is overbooked, don't let too many people board the plane They can freak out all they want in the terminal and get a bunch of free airline miles and a free hotel stay. This happens all the time. For United to recognize their error and pick this guy out and drag him out like they did is beyond ridiculous. It's already costing them 10's, if not 100's, of millions.
    “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WizardofOz For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (April 11th, 2017),Arthur Brain (April 17th, 2017),Ktoyou (April 11th, 2017),Rusha (April 17th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You bet! Their stock WAY more than offering the passengers $1350 to take the later flight.

I do have to say, if he was a medical doctor, having to be home and at work. Why would he choose the cheap seats?

When time is important, it would be prudent to pay more for this possible incident not to happen? Secondly, once he released the staff would manhandle him, why not negotiate for more compensation, then maybe another person may have volunteered to take the higher offer?

So, what?

believe it!

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz View Post
    United is getting slammed for this and rightfully so. If the plane is overbooked, don't let too many people board the plane They can freak out all they want in the terminal and get a bunch of free airline miles and a free hotel stay. This happens all the time. For United to recognize their error and pick this guy out and drag him out like they did is beyond ridiculous. It's already costing them 10's, if not 100's, of millions.

you know what they'll do next time?

they'll empty the whole plane and deny re-entrance to those they choose

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    you know what they'll do next time?

they'll empty the whole plane and deny re-entrance to those they choose
    They should have just done that from the get-go. Or, don't let too many people on the plane. They said they had to make room for flight crew. I don't know who was in charge of figuring out how many seats the crew needed but I'd fire that person right away in an attempt at damage control.

They need a martyr, badly.
    “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WizardofOz For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (April 11th, 2017),Ktoyou (April 11th, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    They should have just done that from the get-go. Or, don't let too many people on the plane. They said they had to make room for flight crew. I don't know who was in charge of figuring out how many seats the crew needed but I'd fire that person right away in an attempt at damage control.

They need a martyr, badly.

i heard that they needed the extra seats for dead-heading flight crew - iow, not flight crew necessary for that flight, but crew that needed to be elsewhere on the globe to crew flights scheduled in the future

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems he is a medical doctor, but a bit of a kook. I am sure he will be able to sue and settle just for United Airlines to get past this.

It is pretty hard to RO a mild heart attack made by a physician.

What idiots! They could have avoided this offer an extra $500, where someone would have volunteered to take the later fight. Just plain dumb in these modern times when so many have video cameras.

So, what?

believe it!

Thanks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
    You bet! Their stock WAY more than offering the passengers $1350 to take the later flight.

I do have to say, if he was a medical doctor, having to be home and at work. Why would he choose the cheap seats?

When time is important, it would be prudent to pay more for this possible incident not to happen? Secondly, once he released the staff would manhandle him, why not negotiate for more compensation, then maybe another person may have volunteered to take the higher offer?
    This guy did absolutely nothing wrong. He shouldn't have to pay for more expensive seats in order to not get dragged off a flight.

You seem to be implying that this guy did something wrong. I think the blame is 100% on United

― Theodore Roosevelt

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WizardofOz For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (April 11th, 2017),Arthur Brain (April 17th, 2017),Ktoyou (April 11th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy did absolutely nothing wrong. He shouldn't have to pay for more expensive seats in order to not get dragged off a flight.

You seem to be implying that this guy did something wrong. I think the blame is 100% on United
    No, I agree with you. However, had i been a working physician and needed to be sure to be at work, I would have personally thought it prudent to pay for a seat where they would not bump me. This bumping in not unheard-of, so, why take a chance in the first place? It is not like a medical doctor cannot afford the better seat.

So, what?

believe it!

Thanks
    Thanked 18,457 Times in 11,626 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Id like to know why they waited till the plane was seated.

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

Ktoyou (April 11th, 2017),WizardofOz (April 11th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,496 Times in 1,330 Posts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's ridiculous that they are allowed to overbook anyway. It's not the same situation but I'm reminded of the Seinfeld episode where he has to explain to the guy what a reservation is. I know there is a business reason behind it but messing with people's flights can cause so much trouble. Can't they recoup their costs from fallout some other way?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kmoney For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (April 11th, 2017),Ktoyou (April 11th, 2017),WizardofOz (April 11th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,457 Times in 11,626 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
    I think it's ridiculous that they are allowed to overbook anyway. It's not the same situation but I'm reminded of the Seinfeld episode where he has to explain to the guy what a reservation is. I know there is a business reason behind it but messing with people's flights can cause so much trouble. Can't they recoup their costs from fallout some other way?
    Its not overbooked because at the last minute you want to add 4 employees to the flight not before scheduled for it.

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    they shoulda stuck 'em in the cargo bay like they did to tom hanks on castaway

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (April 11th, 2017),Ktoyou (April 11th, 2017)

Thread Information