Thanked 6,324 Times in 3,711 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    I always hated Bird.
    If you weren't rooting for the Celtics you had to.

The Celtics went from 29 wins to 61. And Red didn't tank for high picks. So Montana's turn around was bigger in terms of futility of the franchise.
    Montana's trade to KC kept his impact going. They used the Chiefs pick (with a little movement) to get Dana Stubblefield. The Niners knew how to pick talent back then.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Thanks
    Thanked 9,136 Times in 6,308 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The House that Manning Built.

Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Tambora (October 31st, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have I mentioned the off season sucks?

Titus 1

Ephesians 5

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tony Romo will retire today. It is probably the right move.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

We'll see. It's early. He was fielding offers. I'm betting that with the Cowboys needs removed someone will make him an offer he can't refuse as we get closer and closer to the actual season. Maybe Denver will say, "We can tune you up slowly. Our guy understands. He'll win enough for us to have you rested and ready for the playoff push and everyone can go home a winner." Yes, I'm eyeballing you, Denver.

Pro-Life

Thanks
    Thanked 7,231 Times in 4,712 Posts

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you. If he stays retired then he will hold the highest QB rating among all retired QB in the history of the NFL.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    We'll see. It's early. He was fielding offers. I'm betting that with the Cowboys needs removed someone will make him an offer he can't refuse as we get closer and closer to the actual season. Maybe Denver will say, "We can tune you up slowly. Our guy understands. He'll win enough for us to have you rested and ready for the playoff push and everyone can go home a winner." Yes, I'm eyeballing you, Denver.
    Well, Elway says their team is solid at QB. I agree he could come in and make Lynch better, seeing as Lynch has the proverbial "better upside". On the other hand, does he want to take an offer from Cleveland? He has been hurt so much the last 2 years the idea of sitting in the broadcast booth is probably appealing.

Which reminds me, I am not sure how I will feel this fall without Verne calling the game of the week. Gary Danielson is fine as color, but play by play takes a gabber with charisma. Romo will be color for CBS, according to ESPN. He is going to step right in. Maybe a big NFL salary, or a meager 7 figure salary in the booth. I would take the booth.

Titus 1

Ephesians 5

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Well, Elway says their team is solid at QB. I agree he could come in and make Lynch better, seeing as Lynch has the proverbial "better upside". On the other hand, does he want to take an offer from Cleveland? He has been hurt so much the last 2 years the idea of sitting in the broadcast booth is probably appealing.
    The only thing that makes me wonder about that is his competitiveness. I was listening to DP's show for a bit today and he noted people close to Romo were saying it killed him that they finally had a solid team last year and he wasn't allowed to compete to get his job back. That has to sting. So maybe he told Jerry he was out to get the whole thing settled, and maybe some part of him thinks Denver might rethink things. It's hard for me to imagine someone with what he has in the tank and the potential suitors he has to have walking away. This isn't Barry Sanders, with a HOF lock in place, fine numbers notwithstanding.

I think that's one reason Rivers is going to play as long as he can. He has to live or die on numbers because he hasn't been given enough to win it all with either.

Which reminds me, I am not sure how I will feel this fall without Verne calling the game of the week. Gary Danielson is fine as color, but play by play takes a gabber with charisma. Romo will be color for CBS, according to ESPN. He is going to step right in. Maybe a big NFL salary, or a meager 7 figure salary in the booth. I would take the booth.
    If I had his talent I'd give the Texans or Denver two years and see what happened.

Pro-Life

Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Romo is better than Prescott, even at his age. But I would have played Prescott too. Because most players don't actually develop on the bench. Rodgers was better than Favre. He didn't "learn the system". In my opinion.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Romo is better than Prescott, even at his age. But I would have played Prescott too. Because most players don't actually develop on the bench. Rodgers was better than Favre. He didn't "learn the system". In my opinion.
    Yea, didn't work for Prescott didn't work for Steve Young, did work for Brady but Bledsoe wasn't as good as Romo. Jerry Jones wanted the win and lost. In hind sight Jerry could have given tony a last chance at glory and it wouldn't have hurt the team's season.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After that red headed step child krappernick and his support by the league I started watching rugby.

The NFL was America's game. Average working joe's like me can be a Ram's fan for 40 years, have a crap team, get excited, get let down, stay faithful and for what? Some scum bag idiot that hates the USA?

I still love the game, my son plays QB. But I don't enjoy watching the NFL as much and probably won't unless they come out against the leftist losers at espn and elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brady didn't get better behind Bledsoe. But to his credit, he has gotten much better with age.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Brady didn't get better behind Bledsoe. But to his credit, he has gotten much better with age.
    It's funny. When he was half anointed the next great one he hadn't earned it, but in his less successful years (in terms of rings) he actually matured into it.

Pro-Life

Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    It's funny. When he was half anointed the next great one he hadn't earned it, but in his less successful years (in terms of rings) he actually matured into it.

I'm just saying.....

But I still give him credit for improving to elite, where as most called elite coming out of college are nothing of the sort.

Titus 1

Ephesians 5

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Thread Information