User Tag List

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 211

Thread: Jesus and Jesus Alone Saves to the Uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.

  1. #1
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    11,100
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 1,161 Times in 981 Posts

    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    307217

    Jesus and Jesus Alone Saves to the Uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.

    This thread should be the end of all religions. After reading this I encourage you to renounce your worthless religion and trust in Christ alone and live forever.

    Here are the ways that some people think that they are saved.

    Become a member of the Catholic church.
    Become predestinated before the foundation of the world.
    Keep the law and the commandments.
    Become a good person, stop sinning.
    Invite Jesus into your heart.
    Believe and have faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ.

    Some of the above are good things to do, but none of the above are what saves us. There is no saving merit in faith. Faith does not save. What saves is what Christ has done in our name and on our behalf. "Jesus saves and he saves to the uttermost". Jesus didn't save us by doing something in us (holiness religions, Catholicism) Jesus saved us by doing something totally and completely outside of us. Our faith is what makes the Gospel ours, but it does not save us.

    Paul emphasizes this outside of us salvation when he wrote,

    "But God commended his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" Romans 5:8.

    I would like to carry it a bit further. Before we were ever born, "Christ died for us" Salvation is not something that happened when you first accepted Christ as your savior. Salvation is something that happened over 2000 years ago. Salvation happened when Jesus clothed himself in human flesh and came into the world as your savior and representative. His mission was to do for us that which we cannot do for ourselves. Are you able to fulfill every jot and tittle of God's Holy Law? Matthew 5:18. I hardly think so. Are you able to atone for your sins and the sins of the whole world? 1 John 2:2. If you can fulfill the law and atone for your own sins, then there is a chance that you don't need a savior. Of course you would have to do that from birth.

    The biggest problem of trying to save yourself is that we are all sinners, Romans 3:23. God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ. We are saved and accepted only in him. Not because of what we do, or by what we have become. We are saved by his merit and his merit alone. Some will say, "What about my Christian life?" Doesn't that count for something? Paul who was the world's greatest Christian, said,

    "But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. yes doubtless and I count all things as loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things and do count them as dung, that I might win Christ and be found in him" Philippians 3:7-9.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robert Pate For Your Post:

    Epoisses (March 21st, 2017),Tnkrbl123! (March 23rd, 2017)

  3. #2
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,934
    Thanks
    1,349
    Thanked 1,188 Times in 1,053 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    311494
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Are you able to fulfill every jot and tittle of God's Holy Law?
    Jesus said all the Torah and the Prophets are fulfilled in two commands.

    That's God's religion in a nutshell.

    It's something we all can do if we grab the Power.

  4. #3
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    11,100
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 1,161 Times in 981 Posts

    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    307217
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Jesus said all the Torah and the Prophets are fulfilled in two commands.

    That's God's religion in a nutshell.

    It's something we all can do if we grab the Power.
    The two commandments are,

    Love God with all of your heart mind and strength and love your neighbor as yourself.

    No one can do this. The only one that was able to do this was Jesus Christ. He did it perfectly and he did it for us so that we can be saved.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Pate For Your Post:

    glorydaz (March 20th, 2017)

  6. #4
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,934
    Thanks
    1,349
    Thanked 1,188 Times in 1,053 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    311494
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The two commandments are,

    Love God with all of your heart mind and strength and love your neighbor as yourself.

    No one can do this. The only one that was able to do this was Jesus Christ. He did it perfectly and he did it for us so that we can be saved.
    Jesus wasn't talking to himself. Each person must show love from their heart. No one can love or show feelings for someone else, it must come from within.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to jamie For Your Post:

    marhig (March 22nd, 2017)

  8. #5
    Silver Member glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,291
    Thanks
    5,485
    Thanked 21,493 Times in 10,833 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147705
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Jesus wasn't talking to himself. Each person must show love from their heart. No one can love or show feelings for someone else, it must come from within.
    He also said, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." Matt. 5:48.

    Can you muster that up from "within" too?

  9. #6
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    11,100
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 1,161 Times in 981 Posts

    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    307217
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    He also said, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." Matt. 5:48.

    Can you muster that up from "within" too?
    "The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked: who can know it?" Jeremiah 17:9.

  10. #7
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,934
    Thanks
    1,349
    Thanked 1,188 Times in 1,053 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    311494
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    He also said, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." Matt. 5:48.

    Can you muster that up from "within" too?
    In the KJV context perfect means mature in terms of love toward God and neighbor, which fulfilled the Torah and Prophets.

    We should not be abusive to each other, including verbal abuse.

  11. #8
    Silver Member glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,291
    Thanks
    5,485
    Thanked 21,493 Times in 10,833 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147705
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    In the KJV context perfect means mature in terms of love toward God and neighbor, which fulfilled the Torah and Prophets.

    We should not be abusive to each other, including verbal abuse.
    It says perfect, and it means perfect. There is only one way to be perfect, and that's to be created IN CHRIST with the righteousness of GOD through faith in Christ.

    Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

  12. #9
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,934
    Thanks
    1,349
    Thanked 1,188 Times in 1,053 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    311494
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    It says perfect, and it means perfect.
    Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. (Matthew 5:48)

    G5046 τέλειος teleios tel'-i-os From G5056; complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.); neuter (as noun, with G3588) completeness: - of full age, man, perfect. (Strong's)

    Yes, it means perfect in terms of being complete, being mature.

  13. #10
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    838
    Thanks
    527
    Thanked 193 Times in 162 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    37778
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    This thread should be the end of all religions. After reading this I encourage you to renounce your worthless religion and trust in Christ alone and live forever.

    Here are the ways that some people think that they are saved.

    Become a member of the Catholic church.
    Become predestinated before the foundation of the world.
    Keep the law and the commandments.
    Become a good person, stop sinning.
    Invite Jesus into your heart.
    Believe and have faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ.

    B]
    You list these, then go on to promote some of them. Which makes your "religion" one to be wary of. How can I trust something so contradictory and hypocritical?


    Sent from my iPhone using TOL

  14. #11
    Silver Member glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,291
    Thanks
    5,485
    Thanked 21,493 Times in 10,833 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147705
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. (Matthew 5:48)

    G5046 τέλειος teleios tel'-i-os From G5056; complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.); neuter (as noun, with G3588) completeness: - of full age, man, perfect. (Strong's)

    Yes, it means perfect in terms of being complete, being mature.
    No, not mature, but complete IN HIM. As I stated.

    Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

  15. #12
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    3,543
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 708 Times in 606 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Robert is going to tell us what Christ already accomplished and Jamie is going to tell us what we have to accomplish by keeping the law. God's work is always perfect, finished and complete. Man's work in never perfect, never finished and never complete.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Epoisses For Your Post:

    Tnkrbl123! (March 23rd, 2017)

  17. #13
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    11,100
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 1,161 Times in 981 Posts

    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    307217
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoisses View Post
    Robert is going to tell us what Christ already accomplished and Jamie is going to tell us what we have to accomplish by keeping the law. God's work is always perfect, finished and complete. Man's work in never perfect, never finished and never complete.
    Right, Jamie is trying to find a way that she can please God by the works of the law.

    Paul said, "By the works of the law (what we do) no flesh will be justified in his sight" Romans 3:20.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Pate For Your Post:

    glorydaz (March 21st, 2017)

  19. #14
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,934
    Thanks
    1,349
    Thanked 1,188 Times in 1,053 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    311494
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    No, not mature, but complete IN HIM. As I stated.
    Does completeness represent spiritual immaturity or does it represent spiritual maturity?

    Are the spirits of men ever perfect?

  20. #15
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    11,100
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 1,161 Times in 981 Posts

    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    307217
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Does completeness represent spiritual immaturity or does it represent spiritual maturity?

    Are the spirits of men ever perfect?
    Jesus has perfected our humanity and has taken it to heaven. Our perfection is at the right hand of God in heaven.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us