Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Millennials having less sex than any generation before

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember the counterculture of the sixties in Madison, Wisconsin.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,893 Times in 3,485 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    From Wiki:

Millennials (also known as Generation Y) are the demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends; demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years. Millennials, who are generally the children of baby boomers and older Gen Xers, are sometimes referred to as "Echo Boomers" due to a major surge in birth rates in the 1980s and 1990s.
    Yes, so I was before baby boomer, one child may be a baby boomer and the three others are generation X. My GCs are then millennials.

Note; MY OLDEST WAS BORN 63, AND WAS ON THE FOOTBALL TEAM, NEVER A HIPPIE TYPE! MY DAUGHTER, BORN 65 WAS ALSO WELL ADJUSTED. MY THIRD CHILD, WAS ON TOL A FEW MONTHS, BUT DID NOT GET ALONG, ALTHOUGH SHE IS VERY CHRISTIAN, WHILE MY YOUNGEST CHILD, BORN 70 HAD PROBLEMS IN HIGH SCHOOL, IS MORE LIKE THOSE WHO COME HERE AS ANTAGONISTS AND IS A SYSTEMS ANALYST. WE HAD SOME PROBLEMS WHEN HE WAS A TEENAGER. I THINK LIFE WAS HARDER ON KIDS GROWING UP IN THE 70S.

NONE OF MY GRANDCHILDREN AND MOVED BY FAITH AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THIS IS? CULTURE IS THREE GENERATIONS DEEP.
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Christian theology isn't to be in Christ.

So, what?

believe it!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

annabenedetti (March 21st, 2017),ClimateSanity (March 20th, 2017),Tambora (March 25th, 2017)

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were two phases of Baby Boomers, the early Boomers, born from about 1946 to 1956, and the later Boomers born from about 1957 to 1964. Mostly the older Baby Boomers were children of the World War II Generation and mostly the younger Baby Boomer are children of the Korean War Generation age group, though not nearly as many men of the Korean War age group were in that war, The two parent generations are more alike than they are like either Baby Boomer group. The younger Boomers are more different than the two parent generations.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to northwye For Your Post:

ClimateSanity (March 20th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,893 Times in 3,485 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of this is based on a silly theory I had read it some years back
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Christian theology isn't to be in Christ.

So, what?

believe it!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

Tambora (March 25th, 2017)

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Social scientists who have studied social and cultural trends and public opinion, like psychologist Daniel Yankelovich, have been interested in the change in personality traits between those born before about 1940 and the Baby Boomers. Remember that the Baby Boomers were called the Me Generation. That a large difference exists between the Baby Boomers and their children, and those older generations born before about 1940 is not just a theory.

Yankelovitch wrote The new morality: a profile of American youth in the 70's, 1974.

He wrote New rules, searching for self-fulfillment in a world turned upside down, 1981.

Historian Christopher Lasch wrote The Culture of Narcissism: American Life In An Age of Diminishing Expectations, 1978. Both social scientists offer evidence of a fulfillment of II Timothy 3: 1-4, though they do not get into Biblical prophecy. And talking about a fulfillment of II Timothy 3: 1-4 may be theologically incorrect in many churches.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to northwye For Your Post:

ClimateSanity (March 24th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 21,457 Times in 10,819 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfMayhem View Post
    Because their feminism has put men on high alert- they are wary of those sheisty women.

You think that's a joke
    But
    It's reality

Your Jezebels are miserable people.
    Okay....yeah, I'll be allies with you on this one.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

ManOfMayhem (March 24th, 2017),Tambora (March 25th, 2017)

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The heterosexual relationship is the foundation of the family. Severely weaken the heterosexual relationship and the family is severely weakened.

Here is a survey in 2010 of "38,812 students for whom we could obtain e-mail addresses through a request to the University of Wisconsin-Madison Bursar’s Office. This encompassed more than 92 percent of UW students based on the wisc.edu admissions web page quick facts. "

https://badgerherald.com/artsetc/201...x-lives-of-uw/

89.2 percent of respondents said they are white.

The second question was: “Some medications, especially common antidepressants like Prozac and Zoloft, are associated with sexual side effects that can include complete inhibition of sexual desire. Are you currently taking any such medications”? To this, 7.0 percent answered in the affirmative, 0.8 percent said they sometimes take such medication.

I would think that the percentage of university students using antidepressants is higher than 7 or 8 percent. The use of antidepressants, other psychiatric prescription drugs like tranquilizers, and many other kinds of prescription drugs by the Millennials is likely one of the reasons why they have less sex and sess heterosexual sex as a generation.

"About 81.6 percent of males said they are completely straight with no exceptions, compared to 68.1 percent of females. Surprisingly, males were more than seven times as likely as females to say they are completely gay, with 3.1 percent versus 0.4 percent. Females were more than twice as likely as males to be at least somewhat bisexual, with 30.9 percent of females and 14.4 percent of males ranking somewhere between totally straight and totally gay. For sexual attraction, 17.5 percent of males said they were at least sometimes attracted to males, and 31.4 percent of females said they were at least sometimes attracted to females."

That there are more lesbians than homosexuals at the University of Wisconsin is not surprising at all. The university culture of political correctness promotes lesbianism more than homosexuality.

That 81 percent of the male students and 68 percent of the female students claimed to be completely straight, or heterosexual, does not necessarily mean that the culture of political correctness in the major universities has not been discouraging heterosexuality while promoting lesbianism and homosexuality. And this promotion is likely a major reason why this generation is having less heterosexual sex. That is, the political correctness culture's encouragement of lesbianism and homosexuality could be discouraging heterosexual sexuality even for those who are not overtly lesbian or homosexual.

"When asked if they are currently involved in a relationship, 50.5 percent of males and 55.7 percent of females said they are."

"Of the respondents, 2.9 percent reported having been infected with chlamydia at some point, 0.8 percent reported gonorrhea, and less than one half percent reported syphilis."

Maybe in 2010 only 3 percent of university students had once or more contacted chlamydia, because fewer students were sexually active than earlier generations of students.. But in the seventies the percent of that generation at the University of Wisconsin who had chlamydia at least once was probably more like twenty or thirty percent. This University was known then as a school with a great deal of social life. By the seventies the birth control pill was used by many university women students, making them more likely to get a sexually transmitted disease. In fact, the birth control pill, at that time, was a big reason why so many young single university women were having sex, compared to what was going on back in the fifties.
    Last edited by northwye; March 25th, 2017 at 08:01 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to northwye For Your Post:

ClimateSanity (March 25th, 2017)

Thread Information