Thread: Fall From Grace

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    Falling from grace is not an unsealing of the Spirit. It is a yielding to sin.
    I said
    I dont think you have ever found the Spirit. You have rebelled against the revelations of Jesus Christ for years now. When I talk to you I feel like a college student talking to a grade school kid. That thinks he has already graduated.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,813 Posts

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    I dont think you have ever found the Spirit. You have rebelled against the revelations of Jesus Christ for years now. When I talk to you I feel like a college student talking to a grade school kid. That thinks he has already graduated.
    No, I refuse to accept the crap that you post. It is far from anything that would be considered revelation from Jesus Christ.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

ok doser (June 11th, 2019)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,614 Times in 7,164 Posts

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ... the revelations of Jesus Christ ...
    you mean the silly jumbles of cut and pastes that you troll this site and others with, pretending to be "in the meat"?

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I refuse to accept the crap that you post. It is far from anything that would be considered revelation from Jesus Christ.
    I said
    Now your calling the Word of God-crap? I had to stop and go read the OP. Yeah this is the right thread for you to show the evidence of the OP in your own life.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    you mean the silly jumbles of cut and pastes that you troll this site and others with, pretending to be "in the meat"?
    I said
    I couldnt have ask for better examples for the OP if I would have picked them out myself.

Thanks

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I said
    Now your calling the Word of God-crap? I had to stop and go read the OP. Yeah this is the right thread for you to show the evidence of the OP in your own life.
    Nope, your posts are. When you use the Word it is misapplied and just a bunch of verses pasted together which make no sense at all.

Jim Elliot

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, your posts are. When you use the Word it is misapplied and just a bunch of verses pasted together which make no sense at all.
    I said
    Well your on the right thread to say something like that. You are blind to the Holy Spirit.

Thanks

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I said
    Well your on the right thread to say something like that. You are blind to the Holy Spirit.
    No, you're blind. You must be saved in order to receive the Spirit. You're not saved.

From gotquestions.org

The apostle Paul clearly taught that we receive the Holy Spirit the moment we receive Jesus Christ as our Savior. First Corinthians 12:13 declares, “For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.” Romans 8:9 tells us that if a person does not possess the Holy Spirit, he or she does not belong to Christ: “You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.” Ephesians 1:13-14 teaches us that the Holy Spirit is the seal of salvation for all those who believe: “Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory.”

These three passages make it clear that the Holy Spirit is received at the moment of salvation. Paul could not say that we all were baptized by one Spirit and all given one Spirit to drink if not all of the Corinthian believers possessed the Holy Spirit. Romans 8:9 is even stronger, stating that if a person does not have the Spirit, he does not belong to Christ. Therefore, the possession of the Spirit is an identifying factor of the possession of salvation. Further, the Holy Spirit could not be the “seal of salvation” (Ephesians 1:13-14) if He is not received at the moment of salvation. Many scriptures make it abundantly clear that our salvation is secured the moment we receive Christ as Savior.

This discussion is controversial because the ministries of the Holy Spirit are often confused. The receiving/indwelling of the Spirit occurs at the moment of salvation. The filling of the Spirit is an ongoing process in the Christian life. While we hold that the baptism of the Spirit also occurs at the moment of salvation, some Christians do not. This sometimes results in the baptism of the Spirit being confused with “receiving the Spirit” as an act subsequent to salvation.

In conclusion, how do we receive the Holy Spirit? We receive the Holy Spirit by simply receiving the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior (John 3:5-16). When do we receive the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit becomes our permanent possession the moment we believe.

Jim Elliot

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, you're blind. You must be saved in order to receive the Spirit. You're not saved.

From gotquestions.org

The apostle Paul clearly taught that we receive the Holy Spirit the moment we receive Jesus Christ as our Savior. First Corinthians 12:13 declares, “For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.” Romans 8:9 tells us that if a person does not possess the Holy Spirit, he or she does not belong to Christ: “You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.” Ephesians 1:13-14 teaches us that the Holy Spirit is the seal of salvation for all those who believe: “Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory.”

These three passages make it clear that the Holy Spirit is received at the moment of salvation. Paul could not say that we all were baptized by one Spirit and all given one Spirit to drink if not all of the Corinthian believers possessed the Holy Spirit. Romans 8:9 is even stronger, stating that if a person does not have the Spirit, he does not belong to Christ. Therefore, the possession of the Spirit is an identifying factor of the possession of salvation. Further, the Holy Spirit could not be the “seal of salvation” (Ephesians 1:13-14) if He is not received at the moment of salvation. Many scriptures make it abundantly clear that our salvation is secured the moment we receive Christ as Savior.

This discussion is controversial because the ministries of the Holy Spirit are often confused. The receiving/indwelling of the Spirit occurs at the moment of salvation. The filling of the Spirit is an ongoing process in the Christian life. While we hold that the baptism of the Spirit also occurs at the moment of salvation, some Christians do not. This sometimes results in the baptism of the Spirit being confused with “receiving the Spirit” as an act subsequent to salvation.

In conclusion, how do we receive the Holy Spirit? We receive the Holy Spirit by simply receiving the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior (John 3:5-16). When do we receive the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit becomes our permanent possession the moment we believe.
    I said
    That is sad. We need the Holy Spirit to help us work out our salvation.

Thanks

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I said
    That is sad. We need the Holy Spirit to help us work out our salvation.
    The Holy Spirit seals your salvation. He does not work it out as you contend.

Jim Elliot

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Holy Spirit seals your salvation. He does not work it out as you contend.
    I said
    You work out your own salvation by finding the Holy Spirit and learning from Him. You dont even know Him. You have proven that by the way you blaspheme Him.

[Phl 2:12
    [12] Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

Thanks

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I said
    You work out your own salvation by finding the Holy Spirit and learning from Him. You dont even know Him. You have proven that by the way you blaspheme Him.

[Phl 2:12
    [12] Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
    The only blasphemy of the Holy Spirit (the unpardonable sin) today is not accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and savior. That is you for sure.

Jim Elliot

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only blasphemy of the Holy Spirit (the unpardonable sin) today is not accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and savior. That is you for sure.
    I said
    You see what I mean you dont even know what blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is. Speaking against the Holy Spirit. You dont even know the Holy Spirit. So how can you know your blaspheming Him. Look at how many times you have made comments against my revelations. That the Holy Spirit gave me.

[Mat 12:31–32
    [31] "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy [against] the Spirit will not be forgiven men.
    [32] "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the [age] to come.

Thanks

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I said
    You see what I mean you dont even know what blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is. Speaking against the Holy Spirit. You dont even know the Holy Spirit. So how can you know your blaspheming Him. Look at how many times you have made comments against my revelations. That the Holy Spirit gave me.

[Mat 12:31–32
    [31] "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy [against] the Spirit will not be forgiven men.
    [32] "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the [age] to come.
    You're an idiot

Jim Elliot

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're an idiot
    I said
    lol I know scripture.

Thread Information