User Tag List

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: And Jesus Said Unto Paul of Ryan ...

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Don't respond when you don't understand what was written. I said Ryan is not known by Christ. He can't be: Rome put an official curse on Paul's saving Gospel centuries ago and that curse is still in force. Rome replaced the Gospel with a false one. That false gospel is the one Ryan believes. Therefore Christ does not know him.
    I was under the assumption this thread was about the ACA and not Ryan's salvation. Sorry for responding when you didn't wish me to.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 11,676 Times in 6,940 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pondsbb View Post
    I was under the assumption this thread was about the ACA and not Ryan's salvation. Sorry for responding when you didn't wish me to.

My response was actually in reply to the idiocy of the op, so you really don't need to apologize. I apologize for snapping at you.
    Salvation by grace is not a divine game of limbo seeing how low one can go and still walk the walk. God has knocked us all down and said we cannot earn righteousness at all (Rom 3:10). He has taken away the limbo bar and declared the game over (Rom 4:5). -- Justin Johnson

3. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Tambora (March 18th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,065 Times in 2,987 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Those programs can get funding elsewhere, they are utter failures anyway
    Let them eat cake, eh? Well, that's disappointingly callous and wrong headed enough to explain your vote. Disappointing though. And no, though it suits your disposition, they aren't "utter failures". They're programs that help people in real need, make children's lives better, by way of. Now that may not mean much to you, but it should and it should warrant more from you than what you gave it.

Take one of them, by way of, Head Start. Among the wins you can note with that program?

• Head Start children have better social skills, impulse control, and approaches to learning. Head Start children also decrease their problem behaviors, such as aggression and hyperactivity. (Aikens et al., 2013)

• Head Start children are more likely to receive dental checkups and have healthy eating patterns than non-participants. They have lower body mass index (BMI) scores and are less likely to be overweight compared to children in other non-parental care. (Lee et al., 2013)

• Mortality rates for 5- to 9-year-old children who had attended Head Start are 33 to 50 percent lower than the rates for comparable children who were not enrolled in Head Start. (Ludwig and Miller, 2007)

• Head Start children have a higher likelihood of graduating high school, attending college, and receiving a post-secondary degree, license, or certification. (Bauer and Schanzenbach, 2016)

• As adults, Head Start graduates are 19% less likely to smoke than their siblings who did not attend. The savings from these reduced health costs are equal to 36%-141% of the program costs. (Anderson et al., 2010)
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

annabenedetti (March 19th, 2017),exminister (March 19th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pondsbb View Post
    If the government is set up for your good, why are you so against a republican government? When Obama was in office I never felt a need to act out in the anger I see now. I took it that whatever happened worked toward good for God's people, whoever was in government.

Even when something happens like the poor Christians that are loosing their businesses for standing against Obama's LGBT agenda will work toward good. If not in this life, then in the afterlife.

You always stand for God's Word but do it in a Godly, peaceful, manner.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. [29] For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

I guess you are not reading my comments. I have said America is one of the few countries in the world that recognizes the will of the people without crushing the minority opinion (1st amendment). Trump is against those who don't stroke him. He is the one who needs to learn what the republic stands for. The rule of law, balance of power, freedom of the press, representative government where the people vote in those they largely agree with. Trump is trying to undo these things. He acts like his voice is the only one that matters. He is the voice of confusion (1 Corinthians 14:33 - For God is not the author of confusion) standing on every side of every issue - tweeting out needless hate to distract and salve his wounded pride & conceit.

You might not have spoken out against Obama but everyone else did. Do you have a short memory? You must have missed all the condemnation about him at every step. Remember the birther movement and how Trump was the main player in that. Remember the Trump tweets that said Obama was a bad president and everything he did was wrong. And now there is this dopey wiretapping Trump Tower thing. It's Trump's karma to get all this criticism. What goes around comes around. Trump can dish it out but he can't take. Our we suppose to cater to his poor whittle feelings. He certainly doesn't care about anybody else's feelings but his own. He sorely has a victim mentality. That is not presidential, but we all knew that already.
    Proverbs 17:19 Whoever loves a quarrel loves sin

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exminister For Your Post:

annabenedetti (March 19th, 2017),quip (March 18th, 2017)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,248 Times in 3,203 Posts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Let them eat cake, eh?
    cake is delicious

why shouldn't poor people get to enjoy cake once in a while?

looks like you're prejudiced against poor people

which is, of course, racist

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How the GOP healthcare plan would worsen the opioid crisis
    March 15, 2017

A drug epidemic is ravaging the United States, and it’s getting worse, not better. More than 52,000 Americans died from drug overdoses in 2015, more than died from automobile accidents or firearms. That’s far more than died from overdoses in any year during the crack epidemic of the 1980s.

- in Maryland ...opioid deaths jumped 62% in the first three quarters of 2016

- you wouldn’t know that from the American Health Care Act of 2017, the House Republican proposal to repeal Obamacare and replace it with a smaller, cheaper health insurance program.

- it would make the problem worse by making dramatic cuts in Medicaid, the healthcare program that covers low-income people.

- House bill would cut Medicaid funding by an estimated 25%, or $880 billion over 10 years – the largest cost saving in the bill.

- House bill also includes a provision allowing states to drop mental health and addition services from their Medicaid plans. (Obamacare required those services to be included.)

- individual states may find themselves choosing whose Medicaid to fund: mothers and children, elderly nursing home residents, or drug users.

- a Medicaid cut that large, Baltimore health commissioner Leana Wen told me, “could cost the lives of thousands of people. It’s medically irresponsible. And it’s fiscally irresponsible; it will create costs down the road.”

- only about 1 in 10 drug abusers currently get addiction treatment ... wouldn’t accept providing insulin to 1 in 10 diabetics, or making chemotherapy available to only 1 in 10 cancer patients.

- governors rely on Medicaid for treating addiction treatment.

- Ohio had more opioid deaths than any other in 2015 ... an estimated 151,000 Ohioans are getting drug or mental health treatment under Medicaid.

- during the 2016 campaign, Trump criticized the Obama administration for failing to stop the drug epidemic, and promised that he would fix it. At a rally in New Hampshire, Trump promised “a plan to end the opioid epidemic,” and released a statement saying he would incentivize state and local governments to mandate drug treatment.

- in his formal speech to Congress last month, Trump renewed the pledge. “We will expand treatment for those who have become so badly addicted,” he said, without offering any details.

- House bill goes in the opposite direction; it would cut drug treatment, not expand it. Of all Trump’s promises, this might be the cruelest to break.

https://thehillnews.net/news/How-the...-opioid-crisis
    The Republican healthcare bill and cap on Medicaid not only ignores the opioid epidemic, it removes federal funding and downloads the financial responsibility onto the states.

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    cake is delicious

why shouldn't poor people get to enjoy cake once in a while?

looks like you're prejudiced against poor people

which is, of course, racist
    I hope this is simply side-stepping humor...you can't be this dumb?
    _/\_

Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    want to stop opioid deaths?

don't abuse opiates

simple

I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,306 Times in 10,926 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by exminister View Post
    Psalms 72:1-4

Endow the king with your justice, O God, the royal son with your righteousness. May he judge your people in righteousness, your afflicted ones with justice. May the mountains bring prosperity to the people, the hills the fruit of righteousness. May he defend the afflicted among the people and save the children of the needy; may he crush the oppressor.

Romans 13:4
    For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good.

Jeremiah 22:16
    He (King Josiah) defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well.

Governments were set up for the good of the people. Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's, even though you disagree with Rome's policies.
    What is ceasars and what is Gods, are not the same thing, secular government isnt concerned with God, and sadly a good many liberal who wants to take for their causes isnt either.

The OT Israel theocracy were instructed to help the poor and even Josiah was called out for doing so.
    America isnt a theocracy, i would have no objection if it were a Christian one.
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    want to stop opioid deaths?

don't abuse opiates

simple
    "don't abuse opiates" - with those 3 words of wisdom America's opioid problem has been solved!

I'm sure those addicted to opioids will find great comfort from "ok doser's" words!

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post
    ...addicted to opioids ...
    no such thing

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post
    "don't abuse opiates" - with those 3 words of wisdom America's opioid problem has been solved!

I'm sure those addicted to opioids will find great comfort from "ok doser's" words!
    Why is it the governments responsibility to save someone from their sins?
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    Why is it the governments responsibility to save someone from their sins?
    It isn't....that's the churches' job.

Now self injury that's another issue.
    _/\_

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    It isn't....that's the churches' job.

Now self injury that's another issue.
    Why is it the governments responsibility to save someone from self injury? Our government is doing a bad job of that, aren't they. Especially to gay males, huh? Also passing pot laws giving the appearance that sin is ok, sin that hurts self and others..

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    Why is it the governments responsibility to save someone from self injury? Our government is doing a bad job of that, aren't they. Especially to gay males, huh? Also passing pot laws giving the appearance that sin is ok, sin that hurts self and others..
    You're actually questioning why the government should take an active interest in the welfare of it's citizens?

And why the persistence in labeling such as a 'sin'....does labeling it as such somehow justify your dispassionate desire to see them punished?

Do you have a unresolved sadistic propensity A4T, or do you simply enjoy exalting yourself above others?
    _/\_

Thread Information