Over 4000 post club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 1,093 Posts

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Non African Americans must prove they are black enough

m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/15/daniel-kaluuya-of-get-out-says-people-like-samuel-/

And they aren't really talking about skin color either. Samuel L Jackson is giving this guy a hard time.

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,762 Times in 2,860 Posts

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    your link's scrambled

The star of the horror film “Get Out” says people like actor Samuel L. Jackson always make him “prove” that he is “black enough.”

Mr. Jackson’s recent critique of “Get Out” was that it may have been better if an “American brother” were cast in the star role, instead of the U.K.’s Daniel Kaluuya, who “grew up in a country where they’ve been interracial dating for 100 years.” The comments, made to a New York radio station on March 6, rubbed Mr. Kaluuya the wrong way.

“Here’s the thing about that critique, though,” the actor told GQ magazine on Monday. “I’m dark-skinned, bro. When I’m around black people, I’m made to feel ‘other’ because I’m dark-skinned. I’ve had to wrestle with that, with people going ‘You’re too black.’ Then I come to America and they say, ‘You’re not black enough.’ I go to Uganda, I can’t speak the language. In India, I’m black. In the black community, I’m dark-skinned. In America, I’m British. Bro!”

“Get Out,” directed by comedian Jordan Peele, has made over $113 million globally since its Feb. 24. release. It involves a young black man who uncovers a town’s dark secrets while visiting the parents of his white girlfriend.

“In order to prove that I can play this role, I have to open up about the trauma that I’ve experienced as a black person,” Mr. Kaluuya said. “I have to show off my struggle so that people accept that I’m black.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...-like-samuel-/

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    looks black to me

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    looks black to me

"Negro please!" -koban
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Berean For Your Post:

ok doser (March 16th, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,433 Times in 1,807 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

your link's scrambled

The star of the horror film “Get Out” says people like actor Samuel L. Jackson always make him “prove” that he is “black enough.”

Mr. Jackson’s recent critique of “Get Out” was that it may have been better if an “American brother” were cast in the star role, instead of the U.K.’s Daniel Kaluuya, who “grew up in a country where they’ve been interracial dating for 100 years.” The comments, made to a New York radio station on March 6, rubbed Mr. Kaluuya the wrong way.

“Here’s the thing about that critique, though,” the actor told GQ magazine on Monday. “I’m dark-skinned, bro. When I’m around black people, I’m made to feel ‘other’ because I’m dark-skinned. I’ve had to wrestle with that, with people going ‘You’re too black.’ Then I come to America and they say, ‘You’re not black enough.’ I go to Uganda, I can’t speak the language. In India, I’m black. In the black community, I’m dark-skinned. In America, I’m British. Bro!”

“Get Out,” directed by comedian Jordan Peele, has made over $113 million globally since its Feb. 24. release. It involves a young black man who uncovers a town’s dark secrets while visiting the parents of his white girlfriend.

“In order to prove that I can play this role, I have to open up about the trauma that I’ve experienced as a black person,” Mr. Kaluuya said. “I have to show off my struggle so that people accept that I’m black.

The same happens between whites and whites, and between other ethnicities and their own...all the time.
    Last edited by Danoh; March 16th, 2017 at 01:00 AM.

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,433 Times in 1,807 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/15/daniel-kaluuya-of-get-out-says-people-like-samuel-/

And they aren't really talking about skin color either. Samuel L Jackson is giving this guy a hard time.

Here ya go...

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a street cred thing. More specifically, a lack thereof.
    _/\_

Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    "Negro please!" -koban
    coming right up!

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    i wonder if samuel jackson had anything to say about bammy not being an american black?

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 1,093 Posts

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wonder if samuel jackson had anything to say about bammy not being an american black?
    Bammy is authentic black according to s. Jackson for reasons I dare not mention here.

Thread Information