User Tag List

Thread: We ourselves also are found sinners

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We ourselves also are found sinners

Galatians 2:17 (KJV) for the quote. The Church must be treated under the law of the land the same as everyone else, and what I mean is that she can never be assumed to not sin, since she is made up of sinners; all of us, to a person. As sinners, the Church can never be licitly treated differently under any law of the land from any other sinners, which is, as the Church herself roundly teaches and believes, all of humankind. Therefore there is no earthly reason the Church should be treated differently under any law of the land, according to her.
    "To be deep in history, is to cease to be Protestant"---Newman

Matthew 16:18 AENT "I say also to you that you are Keefa, and on this Keefa I will build my assembly, and the gates of Sheol will not subdue it." (BR, emphasis mine)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,685 Times in 843 Posts

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    Galatians 2:17 (KJV) for the quote. The Church must be treated under the law of the land the same as everyone else, and what I mean is that she can never be assumed to not sin, since she is made up of sinners; all of us, to a person. As sinners, the Church can never be licitly treated differently under any law of the land from any other sinners, which is, as the Church herself roundly teaches and believes, all of humankind. Therefore there is no earthly reason the Church should be treated differently under any law of the land, according to her.
    Did something specific prompt this post? Is someone arguing that the Church should be treated differently?

PS - I saw the video of your avatar. So funny.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
    Did something specific prompt this post? Is someone arguing that the Church should be treated differently?
    No. The Body of Christ oughtn't be given a pass in any way in this world, that's justice. If a pagan/atheist or other type of religionist is granted a mercy then the Christian should too, and if the Christian is forbidden from doing something or saying something then everybody else should also be so forbidden. Christians are as capable of grave trespasses and crimes as anybody else, nothing excluded. I don't know what prompted the thought though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
    PS - I saw the video of your avatar. So funny.
    There wasn't much not to like.

Matthew 16:18 AENT "I say also to you that you are Keefa, and on this Keefa I will build my assembly, and the gates of Sheol will not subdue it." (BR, emphasis mine)

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the Church and we as Christians should confess, be held accountable and ask God's forgiveness from sin - how then can conservative Christians support a president who has stated publicly that he doesn't see the need for his confession, accountability and God's forgiveness from sin?

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post
    If the Church and we as Christians should confess, be held accountable and ask God's forgiveness from sin - how then can conservative Christians support a president who has stated publicly that he doesn't see the need for his confession, accountability and God's forgiveness from sin?
    Is President Trump less of a sinner or more of a sinner than we are, or than Hillary Clinton is? "We ourselves also are found sinners" (Ga2:17KJV). We are all dirty rats (Saint John W); there's no such thing as a cleaner rat among us. We believe that President Trump will do more good than Hillary Clinton would have done, and we will do whatever we can, to ensure that we're found to be right.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,685 Times in 843 Posts

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post

Are they supporting his theology or his politics?

Thread Information