Thanked 1,298 Times in 1,010 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steko View Post
    Nope, it doesn't.

However, one must be genuinely saved to perceive the triune GOD in Scripture.
    So what does Jesus say to be saved?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will back this afternoon.

see you.
    Last edited by meshak; March 15th, 2017 at 11:46 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,360 Times in 1,518 Posts

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth
    How do you EVER get that obeying God is as a filthy rag?

Strawman.

This is what I said "I can't become righteous by trying to follow Jesus. I am righteous because of Jesus. My own righteousness...its like filthy rags"
    Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 6days For Your Post:

Tambora (April 29th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meshak
    So what is the condition to be saved...
    BLINDNESS.

We all are spiritually blind.

That is the condition we are saved from.

...or followers?
    The condition we are in to be a follower is SAVED. Paul thought he was being a follower of God, but he was just being religous. Jesus gave him spiritual sight, and Paul became a true follower.*
    What does Jesus say?
    Jesus said "If anyone would come after me, let him take up his cross and follow me."

Many people claim to follow Jesus; even many Muslims claim that. However, many of these 'followers' have not 'taken up the cross'. They reject the free gift of the cross, and try to earn their own salvation.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 6days For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,395 Times in 2,034 Posts

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    He still does not say you have to believe in the trinity to be saved, does it?
    No, I agree. Rather it says: John 8:24 " I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”

Would you agree, according to this verse, that whoever He was talking to (them or possibly us if it can be shown), they had to believe He was "Who He was" or that they and/or we "would die in sins?"
    So what is the condition to be saved or followers?

What does Jesus say?
    So what does Jesus say to be saved?
    John 8:24
    The Lord Jesus Christ said that He had previously told them Who He was, according to this verse ("...I already told you...."). I went back through John 1-7 looking for where He had previously told them Who He was. Here is a small bit of what He had previously told them:

Spoiler
    John 5:19 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise. So the Son does 'everything' the Father does, it is an equatedness with Him, agree?
    John 5:20 For the Father loves the Son and shows him all that he himself is doing. And greater works than these will he show him, so that you may marvel.
    John 5:21 For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom he will. Further describing He is capable of doing all the Father does as God, correct?
    John 5:22 For the Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, Here, though capable, this role is the Son's, not the Father's by exercise, but God is judge, thus there is equatedness, agree?
    John 5:23 that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him. -Very important: "Just as" meaning exactly the same. Correct?
    John 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
    John 5:25 “Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
    John 5:26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. Thus, He is our God, our only given source of Life
    John 5:27 And he has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of Man.
    John 5:28 Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice
    John 5:29 and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.
    Witnesses to Jesus
    John 5:30 “I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me. And He just told us that this authority is His own. The Father and Son are distinct, but there is equatedness that makes us think "triune"
    He is God, and as Keypurr has agreed: The EXACT representation of the Father.

John 5:31 If I alone bear witness about myself, my testimony is not true.
    John 5:32 There is another who bears witness about me, and I know that the testimony that he bears about me is true.
    John 5:33 You sent to John, and he has borne witness to the truth.
    John 5:34 Not that the testimony that I receive is from man, but I say these things so that you may be saved. So this is why I posted this passage: to show it is one place where He had already told them this, that they needed to believe Who He was to be saved. Would you agree then, that we have to know Who He is, to be saved? Does John 8:24 say exactly this?
    John 5:35 He was a burning and shining lamp, and you were willing to rejoice for a while in his light.
    John 5:36 But the testimony that I have is greater than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to accomplish, the very works that I am doing, bear witness about me that the Father has sent me.
    John 5:37 And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me. His voice you have never heard, his form you have never seen,
    John 5:38 and you do not have his word abiding in you, for you do not believe the one whom he has sent. He has told them and will tell them again that He and the Father "are one" (the same).
    John 5:39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me,
    John 5:40 yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.
    John 5:41 I do not receive glory from people.
    John 5:42 But I know that you do not have the love of God within you.
    John 5:43 I have come in my Father's name, and you do not receive me. If another comes in his own name, you will receive him.
    John 5:44 How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?
    Once again, He has given them (and us?) and equatedness: There is only one God.
    John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Thanks

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You are the one who is condescending.
    Looks like false projecting to me...

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Your fathers are Catholic heretics, according to the Catholic religion.
    Ah, there you go. It was you who called me a heretic, not the other way around. It is weird how your mind works.

Another reason you are on ignore, is because we do not have effective communication. I simply pray you will have
    someone else to talk to because there is no communication going on between you and I. It is a waste of your time too.

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Thanks

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    What's that got to do with believing in the trinity to be saved?
    Rather look at John 8:24 again. "Something" about "Who He is" and us believing it, saves, right?

None of what you have quoted says that at all. And believing in who he is, is believing that he is the son of God as it says we are to do in the scriptures, nowhere are we told that we have to believe that Jesus is God!
    I posted some scriptures above. The Lord Jesus Christ had previously told them Who He is/was and He said if they didn't believe it, they would die in their sins. If John 8:24 applies to us (I haven't proved that), then we too have to believe He is exactly Who He says He is 'or we will die in our sins." Check me with that verse to see if I am correct.

Also what about this?

John 17

I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
    In my humble estimation, we are not of the world in a sense that Spiritual is not worldly, but Jesus is otherworldy in incredibly different ways. I am not of the world in the sense that the world is under foreign masters. Jesus is incredibly unique. * I do not mind some comparison, but I hide in the shadow of the cross lest I become more in my own eyes than a creation of God who will bow before the Name of Jesus. Philippians 2:10,11
    *(I cringe when Unitarians say 'we are gods,' I am a creation, not the Creator)

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6days View Post

Jesus said "If anyone would come after me, let him take up his cross and follow me."
    So it is clear that you need to follow Him if you want salvation, not believe in the trinity.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post

[spoiler]John 5:19 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise. So the Son does 'everything' the Father does, it is an equatedness with Him, agree?
    John 5:20 For the Father loves the Son and shows him all that he himself is doing. And greater works than these will he show him, so that you may marvel.
    John 5:21 For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom he will.

He does not say anything about believe in the trinity is condition to be saved.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far none of you cannot find anything that Jesus says to believe in the trinity is the condition to be saved.

You can run but you cannot hide, saved ones.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it is clear that you need to follow Him if you want salvation,
    Thats not how Jesus phrased it. He said ""If anyone would come after me, let him take up his cross and follow me"

*...not believe in the trinity.
    We might agree on that Meshak. I believe a person can trust in Christ as their Savior and not understand all the theology. New converts, young children and even mentally challenged people understand that what Jesus did at the cross saves them. (That they are incapable of saving themselves) As their relationship with Jesus grows, they hopefully soon realize the the true nature...the divinity of the One they now follow.

However, if that person thinks that what Christ did is not enough, and that they must earn their salvation...then that person likely also does not / can not truely know who Jesus truely is.*

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 6days For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6days View Post
    Thats not how Jesus phrased it. He said ""If anyone would come after me, let him take up his cross and follow me"

We might agree on that Meshak. I believe a person can trust in Christ as their Savior and not understand all the theology. New converts, young children and even mentally challenged people understand that what Jesus did at the cross saves them. (That they are incapable of saving themselves) As their relationship with Jesus grows, they hopefully soon realize the the true nature...the divinity of the One they now follow.

However, if that person thinks that what Christ did is not enough, and that they must earn their salvation...then that person likely also does not / can not truely know who Jesus truely is.*
    I am talking about organizational doctrine.

this thread is not about any individual.

"That is why you Fail" Evil.Eye.<(I)>'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,812 Times in 1,394 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am talking about organizational doctrine.

this thread is not about any individual.
    You say this about @Lon

It is obvious he is trying to change the subject. Lon is good at avoiding the subject and so are you. You both use the same tactic. In fact, many posters are using this tactic when they don't like how it is going.

I focus on my point.

peace
    Yet, you imbibe in Charles Taze Russel's "Study of the Scriptures". You imbibe in a crooked mans scriptural lies while daring to judge others for searching Jesus how they may. You asked me here... well... I'm here. Did you know Taze called Jesus the Almighty in his Revelation Commentary? I can link the page if you would like.

What organization are you discussing? @Lon exalts scripture above all theology and exalts Jesus above theology. I ran him through the question ringer with an OP and observed his demeanor as Christ commanded. He hung with all of the scripture that I quoted and even held down a theologically complex OP about Jesus.

Where exactly are your scriptural replies and answers to questions asked? Would you still like me here? I'm just warming up.
    Open (Beyond Time ...1 Ki. 8:27) Relational to us within Time (John 1:1)
    Dispensational (2 Ti. 2:15)
    It's All About Jesus and He's the theology (John 5:39f)
    Biblical (2 Ti. 3:16)
    Zionist (Rm. 11:25-36)
    There is only one Commentary!
    (1 John 2:27; Rm. 8:9; Php. 1:19; Mt. 23:8)

Salvation is Free (Eph. 2:8f) !!! It depends on his strength, not mine!!! (2 Co. 12:9)

Stupid things Tet says...

Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    The old heavens and old earth was the law and the Old Covenant.

The new heavens and new earth is the New Covenant.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EE,

The subject is about Jesus' word of how to be saved.

Please respect the OP.

What does Jesus say about how to be saved?

thank you.

"That is why you Fail" Evil.Eye.<(I)>'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,812 Times in 1,394 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EE,

The subject is about Jesus' word of how to be saved.

Please respect the OP.

What does Jesus say about how to be saved?

thank you.
    John 6:29, 63

Also...

And this is my question to you...

(John 14:1) “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.

Why did Jesus ask us to "Believe" in Him with the same devotion the Israelites were asked to believe in God?

Perhaps Charles Taze Russel has an answer... 5th, 6th and 7th paragraph of his studies. Jesus is Jehovah Almighty? Taze said so. His words. Though he is Arian... He said it. Why is this hidden knowledge?

Open (Beyond Time ...1 Ki. 8:27) Relational to us within Time (John 1:1)
    Dispensational (2 Ti. 2:15)
    It's All About Jesus and He's the theology (John 5:39f)
    Biblical (2 Ti. 3:16)
    Zionist (Rm. 11:25-36)
    There is only one Commentary!
    (1 John 2:27; Rm. 8:9; Php. 1:19; Mt. 23:8)

Salvation is Free (Eph. 2:8f) !!! It depends on his strength, not mine!!! (2 Co. 12:9)

Stupid things Tet says...

Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    The old heavens and old earth was the law and the Old Covenant.

The new heavens and new earth is the New Covenant.

Thread Information