User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 106

Thread: Feminist furious at funny kid video

  1. #31
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    9,412
    Thanks
    6,507
    Thanked 10,374 Times in 6,098 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147627

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    Then I'll take the former as mere declaration.
    Like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    Perhaps it's not an all or nothing issue.

    Some probably choose homosexuality as a rebellious lifestyle, a mere sexually experimental/anti-establishment phase in their lives. Others, due to sexual trauma....while some are simply born to it... obvious in their manner and actions.

    Though who cares about the distinctions other than those self-righteous types who need to point fingers in a pious effort to elevate their own self-worth and/or disguise insecurities.4th
    You make a BOGUS claim WITHOUT evidence and then cry foul. You're a classic example of a HYPOCRITE!
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

    Has Amos 9:15 been cancelled?

    Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

    The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

  2. #32
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    9,412
    Thanks
    6,507
    Thanked 10,374 Times in 6,098 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147627

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    I've no such burden. It's a non issue to me whether homosexuality is innate or chosen. The haters are the ones drawing distinctions...so bone up on the evidence.
    You made a claim about something WITHOUT evidence and you complain about others doing the same.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

    Has Amos 9:15 been cancelled?

    Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

    The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

  3. #33
    Over 4000 post club quip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    4,955
    Thanks
    383
    Thanked 787 Times in 625 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    595162
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    You made a claim about something WITHOUT evidence and you complain about others doing the same.
    Reread my post full of "perhaps" and "possible".

    You don't have evidence...because there is none. So keep your rants to a minimum.
    _/\_

    Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

  4. #34
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    18,303
    Thanks
    1,338
    Thanked 4,346 Times in 3,267 Posts

    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    It's a non issue to me whether homosexuality is innate or chosen.


    regardless of "orientation" engaging in homosexual activity is a choice


    as is the choice to engage in any other form of sexual perversion

  5. #35
    Over 4000 post club quip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    4,955
    Thanks
    383
    Thanked 787 Times in 625 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    595162
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    regardless of "orientation" engaging in homosexual activity is a choice


    as is the choice to engage in any other form of sexual perversion
    Sure, I choose my right hand to do lots of things. Yet i didn't choose right-handedness. At least I don't remember doing so.
    _/\_

    Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

  6. #36
    TOL Subscriber Lon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    8,251
    Thanks
    1,692
    Thanked 3,382 Times in 2,030 Posts

    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1671493
    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    Your "evidence" is merely anecdotal and circumstantial. There is simply no evidence that sexual abuse plays any major role in homosexuality. Link
    I don't believe it. I just read a couple of .gov reports from the US and Canadian census. Can anybody debunk those?

    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    The implications go much further than Disney movies.
    Thus this thread and back on topic
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

    Is Calvinism okay? Yep

    Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

    1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

    Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

  7. #37
    Over 4000 post club quip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    4,955
    Thanks
    383
    Thanked 787 Times in 625 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    595162
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I don't believe it. I just read a couple of .gov reports from the US and Canadian census. Can anybody debunk those?
    Then it seems you're confusing correlation with cause.
    _/\_

    Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

  8. #38
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    18,303
    Thanks
    1,338
    Thanked 4,346 Times in 3,267 Posts

    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    Then it seems you're confusing correlation with cause.
    wait


    you think that because they're homosexual they get abused more?

  9. #39
    Over 4000 post club quip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    4,955
    Thanks
    383
    Thanked 787 Times in 625 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    595162
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    wait


    you think that because they're homosexual they get abused more?
    No. Where'd you dredge that gem from?
    _/\_

    Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

  10. #40
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    18,303
    Thanks
    1,338
    Thanked 4,346 Times in 3,267 Posts

    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    then you think a 97% correlation is purely random?

  11. #41
    Over 4000 post club glassjester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,660
    Thanks
    548
    Thanked 1,257 Times in 988 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    273317
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    wait


    you think that because they're homosexual they get abused more?
    Actually, that's a possibility. Is it not?
    Your "catholic" is showing. - Sozo

  12. #42
    Over 4000 post club quip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    4,955
    Thanks
    383
    Thanked 787 Times in 625 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    595162
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    then you think a 97% correlation is purely random?
    cause vs correlation.....learn it.

    Homosexuals may have been abused doesn't mean abuse is the sufficient cause.
    _/\_

    Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to quip For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (March 15th, 2017)

  14. #43
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    11,848
    Thanks
    5,045
    Thanked 4,497 Times in 3,011 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147706
    Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    My claim was (and is) that you are the author of your own musical tastes - that your own choices shape your taste in music.

    Do you really want to bring this up again?
    Then you're just as bonkers as you were the last time the subject came up then. I have never "chosen" to be drawn to a piece of music or be 'blown away' by certain pieces in that regard. I did not "author" some sort of musical taste where I had some sort of remit as to what would or wouldn't have a 'pleasing effect' to the ear...

    If you can't get the fact that some things are beyond choice or will then either time or ignorance will or won't help you on that score.
    Well this is fun isn't it?


  15. #44
    TOL Subscriber Lon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    8,251
    Thanks
    1,692
    Thanked 3,382 Times in 2,030 Posts

    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1671493
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    Then you're just as bonkers as you were the last time the subject came up then. I have never "chosen" to be drawn to a piece of music or be 'blown away' by certain pieces in that regard. I did not "author" some sort of musical taste where I had some sort of remit as to what would or wouldn't have a 'pleasing effect' to the ear...

    If you can't get the fact that some things are beyond choice or will then either time or ignorance will or won't help you on that score.
    I agree with her for the most part, you somewhat. A friend talked me into listening to DCTalk. I didn't like them. Years later, I love a lot of what they did. I even grew to love some other rap, and some of it is very moving to me. I could go on, but I do believe a lot of tastes are acquired rather than innate. That said, I don't think any of us really like eating hemlock. If it is ever an exception, I'd bet 10 to 1 it didn't or doesn't last long...
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

    Is Calvinism okay? Yep

    Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

    1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

    Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

  16. #45
    Over 6000 post club intojoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    6,434
    Thanks
    319
    Thanked 698 Times in 594 Posts

    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    551142
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I agree with her for the most part, you somewhat. A friend talked me into listening to DCTalk. I didn't like them. Years later, I love a lot of what they did. I even grew to love some other rap, and some of it is very moving to me. I could go on, but I do believe a lot of tastes are acquired rather than innate. That said, I don't think any of us really like eating hemlock. If it is ever an exception, I'd bet 10 to 1 it didn't or doesn't last long...
    Lon, its bed time buddy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us