User Tag List

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 125259606162

Thread: Do those who believe MAD believe the Apostle Paul was a liar ?

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,159 Times in 1,586 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    His good works, not yours. You don't have good works. Neither do I. You completely ignored the text, much like that idiot flat earth thread. I guess I am done here with you for now. The works were prepared beforehand.

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

You are walking in what was already done. You are identified with it. If you are in Christ that is.
    What part of "that we should walk in them" is not clear to you?

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Just because we have Romans 5's ETERNAL life "through HIS life" does that mean we do not have a responsibility to walk in said "newness of life"?

Ephesians is about those works in the Lord He had determined He would one day enable in a New Creature: the Body, to walk in, and that said Body would one day walk in, both in this world, and in the ages to come, unto His Son's glory, for all creation to witness.

As with Romans 6; He is talking there about the Body member's responsibility as a Body member.

Not for salvation, rather because of it, but also because of the responsibility He is both saving men unto, enabling them in, and calling them to walk in, as Sons of God, to begin with.

Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; 1:11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

All I want is God's Truth God's Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 952 Posts

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil.Eye.<(I)> View Post
    Isaiah 14:14
    You do not understand a lot of things. If you do not become like Christ, then you are not saved.

Ephesians 4:23to be renewed in the spirit of your minds; 24and to put on the new self, created to be likeGod in true righteousness and holiness.

Romans 8:29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

2 Corinthians 3:18
    And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Philippians 3:21
    who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

1 John 3:2
    Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    Have you ever read Ephesians 2:8-10 ? It leaves NO ROOM for bragging about what anyone does to be saved NONE.

It even goes on to "and that not of yourselves it is a GIFT of God " and it continues on " not of works lest ant man should boast ".

It is NOT opinions it is scripture !

No one can EARN salvation. You are beginning to sound like a Pharisee.
    You have been taught wrong.

Jesus saves us all on his own and he chooses whom he saves, he says he saves those who obey him.

Jesus cleans us all on his own and reconciles us to God all on his own, but AGAIN, HE TELLS US to whom he does this, and it is to those who obey him.

All people need to decide if they want some false teaching from man, or if they want God's Truth.

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus is the Way.

If you do not do what the Way says, then you will not enter, you will not get to the Father.

Stop teaching against the Truth.

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Rom 5:18-19 (KJV)
    (5:18) Therefore as by the offence of one [judgment came] upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one [the free gift came] upon all men unto justification of life. (5:19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

You are NOT the one.
    Read the scripture more carefully. If it were as you say that no one has to do anything, then ALL WOULD BE SAVED. However, all are not saved. We must do something to get that gift. We have to do something to ENTER that grace.

For one thing, we have to have faith to enter, see Romans 5:2, and that faith cannot be dead, see James 2:14, 17, 20, and 22.

God gives the gift to His children. You have to establish yourself as His child. How do you do that? Jesus tells us how to do that.

The Jews used to have to work at purifying themselves. We do not have to work at purifying ourselves, but we still have to obey.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You have been taught wrong.

Jesus saves us all on his own and he chooses whom he saves, he says he saves those who obey him.

Jesus cleans us all on his own and reconciles us to God all on his own, but AGAIN, HE TELLS US to whom he does this, and it is to those who obey him.

All people need to decide if they want some false teaching from man, or if they want God's Truth.

You do not believe Ephesians 2:8-10, and that is NOT the teaching of men it is God's word ?
    The RCC where Jesus and His words have been marginalized , His teachings replaced with Traditions of men, His gospel changed, His rightful worship given to a goddess , and His ministry of the Holy Spirit supplanted by a sinful man called pope.

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    You do not believe Ephesians 2:8-10, and that is NOT the teaching of men it is God's word ?
    How many times do I have to explain it to you? Why don't you reply to what I said? Why do you merely come back with a question that is ludicrous?

This is what Ephesians 2:8-10 says:

8 For it is by grace you have been saved,

We have to enter grace BY FAITH. BY LIVING FAITH.

See Romans 5:2, James 2:14, 17, 20, and 22.

through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

These are the works the Jews used to have to do to be called a child of God, to be able to enter the temple where His Spirit was:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Notice that Paul explains that we do good works after we are saved. There are people who after being saved invited the apostles for dinner, gave them a place to sleep, probably washed their clothes and gave them money. Those kinds of works people do after they are saved, but one still had to obey to get saved. We have to humble ourselves and repent of our sins.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,500 Times in 3,660 Posts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    What part of "that we should walk in them" is not clear to you?
    I understand it. Apparently you don't. God does not see good works from the dead flesh. You walk in his good works. What part of they were prepared before hand do no you not understand.

Clearly you also don't understand Romans 6. I am a slave to righteousness. I now know you are not. Of course you showed your hand promoting evil as good, so I already new. And now you equate salvation with dead works.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Tambora (Today)

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand it. Apparently you don't. God does not see good works from the dead flesh.
    What makes flesh dead? What makes flesh dead is disobedience. We need the Spirit to make our spirits more alive and not dead to sin and to not knowing God. Those who obey are known to God. Those who obey have Spirit and life.

You walk in his good works. What part of they were prepared before hand do no you not understand.
    Danoh goes against obedience. He doesn't really teach obedience like he should. He is a madist and yet is not.

Clearly you also don't understand Romans 6. I am a slave to righteousness. I now know you are not. Of course you showed your hand promoting evil as good, so I already new. And now you equate salvation with dead works.
    It is not dead works to do God's works. God's works is that we do what Jesus says.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,500 Times in 3,660 Posts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What makes flesh dead?
    I am not posting this for the demon possessed pervert above. It is in case somebody else reads it.

Romans 5

17 For if by the one manís offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)

18 Therefore, as through one manís offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Manís righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

All men go to hell automatically because of Adam. The gift of life to us is offered, and we only receive life through his righteous ace. Absolutely nothing good or bad has any bearing on your eternal fate.

Not you say? He says right there through one mans offense condemnation came to all. Even over those of you who claim you do good.

4 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Tambora (Today)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,159 Times in 1,586 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I understand it. Apparently you don't. God does not see good works from the dead flesh. You walk in his good works. What part of they were prepared before hand do no you not understand.

Nope - God neither sees nor accepts good works from the dead flesh.

And the Believer does not automatically walk in His good works, rather; he is to work said good works out that God has both called him unto, and enabled him to walk in.

Try a little Rom. 12:1-3; bigot

You fail miserably in that.

You are no slave to righteousness.

If anything, you are clearly a slave to your own self-centeredness.

You're an extremist, is what you are.

As for my supposed promoting of evil; you only assert you are Conservative.

Truth of the matter - you voted for that vile individual now in the WH because he expresses your exact bigotry.

You are the one promoting an evil.

Actual Conservatives took issue with Trump from day one, sold out, out of pressure, and are now supposedly finding their spine thanks only to Trump's gradually proving they were right about him when they first opposed him.

Get over yourself, Nick.

It is hight time you quit being the hypocrite everyone on TOL but your own knows you to be and start working out your salvation in your dealings with others that the Lord has placed in you, has called you unto, has enabled in you, and desires that you walk in by faith, in contrast to, and over your obvious bondage to your in the flesh, live as you please.

Eternally saved, and yet, so as by fire - that is you at this point.

Try a little reverence for your Saviour, in contrast to your daily belligerence on TOL.

Til then, I'm done with you.

Godly sorrow worketh repentence not to be repented of - try it sometime.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,244 Times in 3,143 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Read the scripture more carefully. If it were as you say that no one has to do anything, then ALL WOULD BE SAVED.
    Nonsense, per your usual.

It says MANY and not ALL.

You can't even read.

However, all are not saved. We must do something to get that gift. We have to do something to ENTER that grace.
    That is correct. We must RECEIVE the FREE GIFT.

Your problem is that you want "chip in". You want to PAY for your FREE GIFT.

If you PAY.... it's NOT a FREE GIFT.

For one thing, we have to have faith to enter, see Romans 5:2, and that faith cannot be dead, see James 2:14, 17, 20, and 22.
    You always want to join with the LAW apostles. The ONES that were UNDER the law.

God gives the gift to His children. You have to establish yourself as His child. How do you do that? Jesus tells us how to do that.
    He sure does and He does it through PAUL today. We are not Israelite's under the LAW. We are the body of Christ (if you want to join us).

The Jews used to have to work at purifying themselves. We do not have to work at purifying ourselves, but we still have to obey.
    You think that you're something special. I'll stick with 100% grace thanks.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Has Amos 9:15 been cancelled?

Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot
    Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

steko (Today),Tambora (Today)

This is my story. This is my song. Tambora's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,677 Times in 17,939 Posts

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why don't you reply to what I said? Why do you merely come back with a question that is ludicrous?

The irony.

Praising my Savior all the day long

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

steko (Today)

This is my story. This is my song. Tambora's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,677 Times in 17,939 Posts

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Rom 5:18-19 (KJV)
    (5:18) Therefore as by the offence of one [judgment came] upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one [the free gift came] upon all men unto justification of life. (5:19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

You are NOT the one.
    Amen!

Praising my Savior all the day long

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

steko (Today)

Thread Information