User Tag List

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 145461626364

Thread: Do those who believe MAD believe the Apostle Paul was a liar ?

All I want is God's Truth God's Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 969 Posts

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    Get thee hence

Sent from my iPhone using TOL
    You don't like the scriptures?
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

meshak (Yesterday)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You have got to be kidding.

You gave scripture that proves faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, ďAbraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,Ē and he was called Godís friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

You ready to believe the truth now and stop preaching your false dead faith alone gospel?
    What you are missing is NO ONE can earn their salvation by their works ! IF anyone could earn their salvation then why did Jesus have to be sacrificed as payment for our sin ?

You do know Jesus said in John 14:6 that HE is the truth and faith in Him is the ONLY thing that saves.

Again folks do not obey God to be saved they obey God because they are saved.
    The RCC where Jesus and His words have been marginalized , His teachings replaced with Traditions of men, His gospel changed, His rightful worship given to a goddess , and His ministry of the Holy Spirit supplanted by a sinful man called pope.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dodge For Your Post:

steko (Yesterday)

Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    What you are missing is NO ONE can earn their salvation by their works !
    Jesus saves us, and he saves us all on his own. Do you understand that? Jesus saves us all on his own. He does CHOOSE whom he saves and he tells us how to be saved.

IF anyone could earn their salvation then why did Jesus have to be sacrificed as payment for our sin ?
    How do you ever get that Jesus dying for our sins means we do not have to obey?

You do know Jesus said in John 14:6 that HE is the truth and faith in Him is the ONLY thing that saves.
    Jesus says in that scripture that he is the Way.

You have to do what the Way says to get to the Father.

Again folks do not obey God to be saved they obey God because they are saved.
    That is a mantra of many false teachers. It is not from God.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God's Truth;4966330]Jesus saves us, and he saves us all on his own. Do you understand that? Jesus saves us all on his own. He does CHOOSE whom he saves and he tells us how to be saved.
    We owed a debt that Jesus paid in full and we can add not one thing to that payment that Jesus paid for, and to think that you can add anything to what is already paid for just means you have no clue of what "it is finished means ".

How do you ever get that Jesus dying for our sins means we do not have to obey?

That is NOT what I have ever said or believe.

Jesus says in that scripture that he is the Way.

You have to do what the Way says to get to the Father.
    What we have to do is what Jesus taught us to do for salvation !

Jhn 6:28
    Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

Jhn 6:29
    Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Notice that Jesus taught it is not works that save but a single work, which is to believe on Him whom God has sent.

That is a mantra of many false teachers. It is not from God.
    No it is what Jesus said when He changed the answer from works to a single work for salvation.
    The RCC where Jesus and His words have been marginalized , His teachings replaced with Traditions of men, His gospel changed, His rightful worship given to a goddess , and His ministry of the Holy Spirit supplanted by a sinful man called pope.

Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We owed a debt that Jesus paid in full and we can add not one thing to that payment that Jesus paid for, and to think that you can add anything to what is already paid for just means you have no clue of what "it is finished means ".
    How many times do you have to be told that Jesus saves us all on his own?

How many times do you have to be told that he chooses whom he saves and he saves those who obey?

That is NOT what I have ever said or believe.
    You do say it because you are going against me when I say we have to obey to get saved.

What we have to do is what Jesus taught us to do for salvation !
    You have to do what the Way says to do to get to the Father.

Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Notice that Jesus taught it is not works that save but a single work, which is to believe on Him whom God has sent.
    Jesus told them to believe in him and that it was a work.
    It is not the only work that Jesus said to do.

John 6:27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval."

Did you read that?
    Work for food that endures to eternal life.
    Jesus is our food and we are to work for him, we do that by obeying his teachings.

No it is what Jesus said when He changed the answer from works to a single work for salvation.
    That never happened.
    Faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God's Truth;4966351]How many times do you have to be told that Jesus saves us all on his own?

How many times do you have to be told that he chooses whom he saves and he saves those who obey?
    If you are saying they place their faith in Jesus to be saved I would agree, but if you are saying they have to be righteous in deeds then you are 100% wrong.

You do say it because you are going against me when I say we have to obey to get saved.
    When you are wrong and keep trying to tell people you are right it is what happens.

YOU completely IGNORED these two scriptures that Jesus taught why ?

The Jews were big on works and Jesus rebuked them ! Why ? Because the only work that brings salvation is to place faith in Jesus. When that happens God leads and changes folks hearts. YOU have it backwards.

You have to do what the Way says to do to get to the Father.
    Correct and the way taught:

Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.[/COLOR]
    Jesus told them to believe in him and that it was a work.
    It is not the only work that Jesus said to do.

Jesus also said, " if they believe not Moses and the prophets neither will they be persuaded even if one rise from the dead".

John 6:27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval."

Yes , they have to have faith in Jesus to be saved, and when you add to that you take away from what Jesus did and then they can glory in their own work,
    which is condemned in scripture as needed for salvation.

Did you read that?
    Work for food that endures to eternal life.
    Jesus is our food and we are to work for him, we do that by obeying his teachings.
    Yes I read that did you read where Jesus said to be saved it does not take works it takes a work, which is believe on Him whom God has sent ?

Faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone.
    I agree and that is why I said saved people obey because they are saved NOT to be saved.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dodge For Your Post:

steko (Yesterday)

Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are saying they place their faith in Jesus to be saved I would agree, but if you are saying they have to be righteous in deeds then you are 100% wrong.
    Again, we have to do what Jesus says to do to get saved.
    Don’t you know what Jesus says to do to get saved?

When you are wrong and keep trying to tell people you are right it is what happens.

YOU completely IGNORED these two scriptures that Jesus taught why ?
    You are not telling the truth, I did not ignore anything.
    I even gave you scripture where Jesus says to work for food that leads to eternal life.

All the scriptures where Jesus tells us to believe, they do not nullify the scriptures that say to obey.

Jesus was speaking to the Jews who had to be told to believe in him.

The Jews were big on works and Jesus rebuked them ! Why ? Because the only work that brings salvation is to place faith in Jesus. When that happens God leads and changes folks hearts. YOU have it backwards.
    No such thing from God that you are saying.
    Jesus never rebuked anyone for obeying too much.

Correct and the way taught:

Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.[/COLOR]
    Believe in Jesus and that we have to obey him.

Jesus also said, " if they believe not Moses and the prophets neither will they be persuaded even if one rise from the dead".
    How do you ever get that scripture disproves what I say about having to do what Jesus says?

Yes , they have to have faith in Jesus to be saved, and when you add to that you take away from what Jesus did and then they can glory in their own work, which is condemned in scripture as needed for salvation.
    It is never ever wrong to obey God. There isn’t a right time and a wrong time to obey.
    You have been taught wrong by false teachers.
    Yes I read that did you read where Jesus said to be saved it does not take works it takes a work, which is believe on Him whom God has sent ?
    Jesus did not say only believe and do nothing else.
    Faith alone is dead.
    Does this sound like Jesus doesn’t want you to obey to get saved:

…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

…unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

… unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.

Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.

…unless it dies; 1 Corinthians 15:36.

...if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; Matthew 6:14

...if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins; Matthew 6:15

...If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples;
    John 8:31

...if you do them you will be blessed; John 13:17

…If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love; John 15:10

...if you do what I command you are my friends; John 15:14

...if we obey His commands---we may know that we know Him; 1 John 2:3

I agree and that is why I said saved people obey because they are saved NOT to be saved.
    No, listen more carefully, the Word of God says faith alone is DEAD, it CANNOT SAVE anyone.
    That dead faith you are debating for, it is NOT the most important faith ever known, it is dead.

Thread Information