Silver Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,338 Times in 3,262 Posts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    I think he raped her based on his history and behavior: him trying to hide her pants and undies and lying about why his pants were undone.
    i think he took advantage of a situation that presented itself and a drunk woman who wasn't going to resist

I think that in any normal sense of the word rape, then yes, he raped her

but the legal sense of the word rape is something very different

and we're talking about the canadian legal system here

if she was my sister, i'd track down the scumbag and cut his (deleted) off

and then i'd get her into a detox program

I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,394 Times in 10,988 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    i think he took advantage of a situation that presented itself and a drunk woman who wasn't going to resist

I think that in any normal sense of the word rape, then yes, he raped her

but the legal sense of the word rape is something very different

and we're talking about the canadian legal system here
    Isn't a person though who drinks themselves into oblivion, consenting to all manner of possible things?
    Also shouldnt whichever way it falls, fall on both sides consent/no consent for men AND women (if a drunk woman cannot consent, neither can a drunk man)

if she was my sister, i'd track down the scumbag and cut his (deleted) off

and then i'd get her into a detox program
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

Tambora (March 20th, 2017)

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Isn't a person though who drinks themselves into oblivion, consenting to all manner of possible things?
    two aspects of this case intrigue me and i don't believe they've been raised in the mainstream conversation

1. she called a cab and entered it, gave her address - at that point she was able to enter into a contract for services - from a legal perspective

2. alcohol intoxication is a progressive phenomena - even if there comes out of this a sharply defined BAC at which consent can no longer be given, what if consent is given before that point and the person continues to drink?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

two aspects of this case intrigue me and i don't believe they've been raised in the mainstream conversation

1. she called a cab and entered it, gave her address - at that point she was able to enter into a contract for services - from a legal perspective

2. alcohol intoxication is a progressive phenomena - even if there comes out of this a sharply defined BAC at which consent can no longer be given, what if consent is given before that point and the person continues to drink?
    Since we are hypothesising scenerios, what about

3. The guy has a buddy at a local bar, offers to call her a cab, slips something in her drink where she cant remember jack later...

Another woman stated this guy assaulted her at her place and she had fuzzyness too, and her account sounded like she was drugged.
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Since we are hypothesising scenerios, what about

3. The guy has a buddy at a local bar, offers to call her a cab, slips something in her drink where she cant remember jack later...

Another woman stated this guy assaulted her at her place and she had fuzzyness too, and her account sounded like she was drugged.

in that scenario, the victim's incapacitation is not a matter of their own choice

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in that scenario, the victim's incapacitation is not a matter of their own choice
    Which could be what happened here also, since its happened with this same guy a couple times before.

One reported he kept driving her around the block instead of to her door, maybe waiting for something to kick in?

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Which could be what happened here also, since its happened with this same guy a couple times before.

One reported he kept driving her around the block instead of to her door, maybe waiting for something to kick in?
    good point - it would be a good tactic - pick up a drunk woman, offer her a spiked drink and wait for her to pass out

i wonder if the cops had the hospital do any bloodwork on her

from a legal perspective, i'm not sure how you'd prove that she didn't take it willingly, or before she called the cab

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (March 20th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good point - it would be a good tactic - pick up a drunk woman, offer her a spiked drink and wait for her to pass out

i wonder if the cops had the hospital do any bloodwork on her

from a legal perspective, i'm not sure how you'd prove that she didn't take it willingly, or before she called the cab
    Good question, but depending on how long had lapsed, there are some date rape drugs that are close to undetectable a little while after the fact. But it would tell how drunk she was which could also suggest some kind of date rape drugging (if her blood alcohol content wasnt high enough for her to be passed out/black out drunk ...)

Thread Information