User Tag List

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101718192021 LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 303

Thread: 9/11 Conspiracies

  1. #286
    Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Posts
    4,251
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 321 Times in 230 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    212933
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    Agreed, but why is a plane flying into a building unlike any other collision ever recorded?
    It looked like a video game.
    Because this is unlike any other collision ever recorded. One thing that made these different was that the hijackers intentionally chose cross country flight departing from New York because the planes would have a full fuel load. Fully loaded, that is about 23,980 gallons (162,824 pound) of jet fuel. That is a lot of fuel to spread fires through the buildings.
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

    What are my fruits today?

    Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

    "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

  2. #287
    TOL Subscriber Nihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The North & the West
    Posts
    3,508
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked 713 Times in 607 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    159958
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    If we watch the slow motion replays of a plane entering the tower, does it look like a normal collision?
    This is way off topic, and a shot-in-the-dark, but it might be what you're getting at.

    Do you have a mental picture of what a huge asteroid would look like from space, impacting the earth? Beyond the miles of hardened crust, underneath everything is an un-interrupted sea of molten rock, all of the earth's crust (including it's oceans, which sit atop the crust like giant puddles) merely floats upon this sea. If a huge bolide impacted the planet at astronomical speed, it would pierce directly through to the earth's magma without stopping at the crust. Does this help explain what you're seeing in the 9/11 impacts that doesn't make sense to you?
    "To be deep in history, is to cease to be Protestant"---Newman

    Matthew 16:18 AENT "I say also to you that you are Keefa, and on this Keefa I will build my assembly, and the gates of Sheol will not subdue it." (BR, emphasis mine)

  3. #288
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    16,071
    Thanks
    2,402
    Thanked 14,693 Times in 8,976 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147769
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    This is way off topic, and a shot-in-the-dark, but it might be what you're getting at.

    Do you have a mental picture of what a huge asteroid would look like from space, impacting the earth? Beyond the miles of hardened crust, underneath everything is an un-interrupted sea of molten rock, all of the earth's crust (including it's oceans, which sit atop the crust like giant puddles) merely floats upon this sea. If a huge bolide impacted the planet at astronomical speed, it would pierce directly through to the earth's magma without stopping at the crust. Does this help explain what you're seeing in the 9/11 impacts that doesn't make sense to you?
    Thanks!

    I'm not sure if this is comparable to a tin can flying 500+ mph (allegedly).
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  4. #289
    Over 1500 post club Zeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,944
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked 258 Times in 233 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125254
    Welcome to the plantation of denial,
    Trying to awaken the divine principle in the belly of the fish.

  5. #290
    Over 4000 post club fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,673
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 469 Times in 312 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    168289
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    This thread is just as bad as the flat earth thread.
    And here we've been for over a decade now ready to argue about it.
    Here's to another decade
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to fool For Your Post:

    Nihilo (March 20th, 2017)

  7. #291
    Over 4000 post club fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,673
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 469 Times in 312 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    168289
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    None. Why does this one collision not resemble any other collision that has ever occurred?
    Which one? This happened in New York City. There were a few people around.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  8. #292
    TOL Subscriber Nihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The North & the West
    Posts
    3,508
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked 713 Times in 607 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    159958
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    Thanks!

    I'm not sure if this is comparable to a tin can flying 500+ mph (allegedly).
    There are ballistic missiles that can be loaded with multiple MT warheads that can be deployed in flight, delivering each warhead to a different target along its trajectory. There is a trajectory where a single missile could deliver MT warheads to each of the following cities. Moncton, Boston, Providence (outskirts), New York City, Philadelphia, and Washington DC. And with the speed of those things---they fly much faster than even a bullet fired from a high-powered rifle, from start to finish would be single-digit minutes, and it'd all be over for the Northeastern seaboard, and on the wrong day most of Washington's elected officials would be there and fall.

    As troubling as that is, now, if you've got a globe handy, and a string or rubber band, find the trajectory and follow it southwesterly. And then northeasterly. Do it a few different times so you get a range of different answers to this question: From what countries could someone with one of these missiles launch and get close to that trajectory? And if you do it right, I think it explains a lot.
    "To be deep in history, is to cease to be Protestant"---Newman

    Matthew 16:18 AENT "I say also to you that you are Keefa, and on this Keefa I will build my assembly, and the gates of Sheol will not subdue it." (BR, emphasis mine)

  9. #293
    Over 4000 post club fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,673
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 469 Times in 312 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    168289
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    It looked like a video game.
    How so? Digital artifacts?
    Are you really saying that our video games are so close to reality that we can't tell the difference?
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  10. #294
    Over 4000 post club fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,673
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 469 Times in 312 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    168289
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    There are ballistic missiles that can be loaded with multiple MT warheads that can be deployed in flight, delivering each warhead to a different target along its trajectory. There is a trajectory where a single missile could deliver MT warheads to each of the following cities. Moncton, Boston, Providence (outskirts), New York City, Philadelphia, and Washington DC. And with the speed of those things---they fly much faster than even a bullet fired from a high-powered rifle, from start to finish would be single-digit minutes, and it'd all be over for the Northeastern seaboard, and on the wrong day most of Washington's elected officials would be there and fall.

    As troubling as that is, now, if you've got a globe handy, and a string or rubber band, find the trajectory and follow it southwesterly. And then northeasterly. Do it a few different times so you get a range of different answers to this question: From what countries could someone with one of these missiles launch and get close to that trajectory? And if you do it right, I think it explains a lot.
    Do what right? Explains what?
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  11. #295
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    17,696
    Thanks
    1,042
    Thanked 4,073 Times in 3,082 Posts

    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    It looked like a video game.
    what - pacman?


    din't look like pacman to me

  12. #296
    TOL Subscriber Nihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The North & the West
    Posts
    3,508
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked 713 Times in 607 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    159958
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Do what right? Explains what?
    If you have a globe handy, and a string or a rubber band, make a geodesic. Start at the line between Moncton and Washington DC and go northeasterly until it gets interesting, do it just for grins.
    "To be deep in history, is to cease to be Protestant"---Newman

    Matthew 16:18 AENT "I say also to you that you are Keefa, and on this Keefa I will build my assembly, and the gates of Sheol will not subdue it." (BR, emphasis mine)

  13. #297
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    16,071
    Thanks
    2,402
    Thanked 14,693 Times in 8,976 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147769
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    what - pacman?


    din't look like pacman to me
    I was thinking of Donkey Kong, when Mario collides with a barrel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  14. #298
    Black Rifles Matter Nick M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    16,337
    Thanks
    596
    Thanked 7,585 Times in 5,066 Posts

    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147781
    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    Because this is unlike any other collision ever recorded. One thing that made these different was that the hijackers intentionally chose cross country flight departing from New York because the planes would have a full fuel load. Fully loaded, that is about 23,980 gallons (162,824 pound) of jet fuel. That is a lot of fuel to spread fires through the buildings.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

    Titus 1

    For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

    Ephesians 5

    11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

  15. #299
    Over 1500 post club Zeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,944
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked 258 Times in 233 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125254
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    I've recently taken an interest in this topic, but I haven't formulated any definite opinions.
    I'm curious what other TOLers think.
    Trying to awaken the divine principle in the belly of the fish.

  16. #300
    Over 1500 post club Zeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,944
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked 258 Times in 233 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125254
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    I've recently taken an interest in this topic, but I haven't formulated any definite opinions.
    I'm curious what other TOLers think.
    Trying to awaken the divine principle in the belly of the fish.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us