User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 147

Thread: Trumpcare

  1. #16
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    16,498
    Thanks
    690
    Thanked 3,284 Times in 2,540 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1679009
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post
    Obviously "ok doser" has nothing intelligent to contribute to the question as to how the Republicans can reinvent healthcare that is better and cheaper while still accommodating pre-existing conditions!
    easy


    we'll make the mexicans pay for it!

  2. #17
    Silver Member patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    23,428
    Thanks
    9,340
    Thanked 11,887 Times in 9,750 Posts

    Blog Entries
    11
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147747
    Well, it looks like Trumpcare is no good so far -
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:13, 14 -

  3. #18
    Over 1500 post club
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,564
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 336 Times in 249 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    110096
    Trumpcare

    For one party to take control of the White House, House, Senate and Supreme Court in America doesn't ocur very often and usually for only a 2 year term!

    Faced with Trump and his Cabinet's lack of political experience and his erratic behaviour, some Republicans in the Congress must be "tearing their hair out" for having frittered away 40 days of valuable time before starting to tackle the big ticket items on their legislative agenda!

    Repealing and replacing "Obamacare" seems like a strange place to start - given that it is probably the most complex of all legislation to enact, while generating the least amount of general consensus within the Party on how to proceed.

    One would have thought that introducing the infrastructure/jobs package would have had more of an immediate impact and generated far more approval from their base.

  4. #19
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    10,455
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,689 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    931718
    Yep

  5. #20
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    10,455
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,689 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    931718
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Well, it looks like Trumpcare is no good so far -
    Do tell - how, specifically; PJ?

  6. #21
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    962
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 189 Times in 139 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21989
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post
    Trumpcare

    For one party to take control of the White House, House, Senate and Supreme Court in America doesn't ocur very often and usually for only a 2 year term!

    Faced with Trump and his Cabinet's lack of political experience and his erratic behaviour, some Republicans in the Congress must be "tearing their hair out" for having frittered away 40 days of valuable time before starting to tackle the big ticket items on their legislative agenda!

    Repealing and replacing "Obamacare" seems like a strange place to start - given that it is probably the most complex of all legislation to enact, while generating the least amount of general consensus within the Party on how to proceed.

    One would have thought that introducing the infrastructure/jobs package would have had more of an immediate impact and generated far more approval from their base.
    Republicans could just let Obamacare fall into a death spiral and let millions of Americans suffer or they could do what they are doing now which is repealing and replacing before a death spiral takes place

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffblue101 For Your Post:

    pondsbb (March 14th, 2017)

  8. #22
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    962
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 189 Times in 139 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21989
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    Do tell - how, specifically; PJ?
    the partial replacement bill is pretty good but there are a lot rebulicans that want to end the Obamacare subsides using a cold turkey approach and others that want to grandfather in these subsides. another point of contention is the use of means tested refundable tax credit to entice both poor and healthy into buying insurance vs tax deductions with more use of high risk pools at the state level.

  9. #23
    Over 1500 post club
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,564
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 336 Times in 249 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    110096
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffblue101 View Post
    Republicans could just let Obamacare fall into a death spiral and let millions of Americans suffer or they could do what they are doing now which is repealing and replacing before a death spiral takes place
    That's the conservative narrative but the reality is the Republicans don't have enough votes to replace Obamacare with this or any other plan.

    Moderate Republicans won't support the future cuts in Medicaid for their state and the right-wing of the party, who oppose all state involvement in healthcare on philosophical grounds, refuse to vote for "Obamacare Light!"

    If the Republicans show that they can only repeal, but not replace Obamacare, despite having control of the White House, Senate and House, why should they expect American voters to provide support for more of the same in the 2018 Midterms?

  10. #24
    Over 3000 post club 1Mind1Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3,955
    Thanks
    310
    Thanked 644 Times in 526 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    456065
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post
    That's the conservative narrative but the reality is the Republicans don't have enough votes to replace Obamacare with this or any other plan.
    Hog wash.


    Moderate Republicans won't support the future cuts in Medicaid for their state and the right-wing of the party, who oppose all state involvement in healthcare on philosophical grounds, refuse to vote for "Obamacare Light!"
    Once the Illegal immigrants are deported there will be plenty of Medicaid for poor legitimate Americans.

    Since it's inception no Republican controlled government has completely done away with Medicaid.

    Knock off the Leftist lying scare tactics.


    If the Republicans show that they can only repeal, but not replace Obamacare, despite having control of the White House, Senate and House, why should they expect American voters to provide support for more of the same in the 2018 Midterms?
    IF?

    Simply wishful fantasy on your part.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to 1Mind1Spirit For Your Post:

    pondsbb (March 14th, 2017)

  12. #25
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    10,455
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,689 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    931718
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
    Hog wash.




    Once the Illegal immigrants are deported there will be plenty of Medicaid for poor legitimate Americans.

    Since it's inception no Republican controlled government has completely done away with Medicaid.

    Knock off the Leftist lying scare tactics.




    IF?

    Simply wishful fantasy on your part.
    But for the Native American and their various modern day cousins; everyone else is an illegal.

  13. #26
    Over 3000 post club 1Mind1Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3,955
    Thanks
    310
    Thanked 644 Times in 526 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    456065
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    But for the Native American and their various modern day cousins; everyone else is an illegal.
    Right on, cuzz.

  14. #27
    Silver Member patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    23,428
    Thanks
    9,340
    Thanked 11,887 Times in 9,750 Posts

    Blog Entries
    11
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147747
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post
    \
    If the Republicans show that they can only repeal, but not replace Obamacare, despite having control of the White House, Senate and House, why should they expect American voters to provide support for more of the same in the 2018 Midterms?
    Since the demoncrats have offered nothing good and they have done nothing in Congress, why would anyone vote demoncrat in 18 or 20. The left simply cries and whines and lies, not conducive to getting elected. They will spend 4 years blocking and obstructing Trump and have nothing to run on.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:13, 14 -

  15. #28
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    16,498
    Thanks
    690
    Thanked 3,284 Times in 2,540 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1679009
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    But for the Native American and their various modern day cousins; everyone else is an illegal.
    i'm a native american

  16. #29
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    10,455
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,689 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    931718
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    i'm a native american
    Nah; house Indians are automatically excluded - you would know that were you not a house Indian

  17. #30
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    10,455
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,689 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    931718
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
    Right on, cuzz.

    Pass the calumet, you hog

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us