User Tag List

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 175

Thread: Homo Disney is getting more "out" with it

  1. #76
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    14,767
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 3,530 Times in 2,659 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1188196
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDante View Post


    "There were parts of the South that wouldn’t show ‘Star Trek’ because there was an African American woman in a powerful position, and she wasn’t a maid or tap dancer.” Nichelle Nichols
    Yep.

  2. #77
    TOL Legend musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21,074
    Thanks
    3,888
    Thanked 19,073 Times in 11,004 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147746
    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    I thought I knew him better than that.
    There's no way to truly know anyone on this board other than, over time, the pattern of the content of their posts. But with negligible variance they'll tend to skew politically right or politically left, at least on issues such as this. That, in turn, may inform the discerning about the genuineness of their posts in other forums. A glaring example of this can be found in this very thread.

    And remember: the dog that yelps first got hit hardest.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

    [most will be very surprised]


    Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

    Angel4Truth (March 14th, 2017),Tambora (March 9th, 2017)

  4. #78
    Over 1500 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,933
    Thanks
    97
    Thanked 761 Times in 549 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    218168
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    There's no way to truly know anyone on this board other than, over time, the pattern of the content of their posts. But with negligible variance they'll tend to skew politically right or politically left, at least on issues such as this. That, in turn, may inform the discerning about the genuineness of their posts in other forums. A glaring example of this can be found in this very thread.

    And remember: the dog that yelps first got hit hardest.
    I'm sure there are a few readers who haven't figured you out yet Musty

  5. #79
    Veteran PyramidHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    316
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 33 Times in 21 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9806
    Man, I don't know why y'all didn't already think LeFou was gay. If you watched the original cartoon, he followed Gaston around, even sung a song to Belle about how drop dead sexy Gaston was, about how gorgeous his face his hair was, so on and so forth. You're surprised that parts gay?

    And is a gay minor character really more of an affront to God than buffalo - woman romance?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #80
    TOL Legend musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21,074
    Thanks
    3,888
    Thanked 19,073 Times in 11,004 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147746
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDante View Post
    I'm sure there are a few readers who haven't figured you out yet Musty
    I disagree.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

    [most will be very surprised]


    Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

    Tambora (March 9th, 2017)

  8. #81
    Over 4000 post club glassjester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,731
    Thanks
    585
    Thanked 1,284 Times in 1,010 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    277164
    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidHead View Post
    Man, I don't know why y'all didn't already think LeFou was gay. If you watched the original cartoon, he followed Gaston around, even sung a song to Belle about how drop dead sexy Gaston was, about how gorgeous his face his hair was, so on and so forth. You're surprised that parts gay?

    And is a gay minor character really more of an affront to God than buffalo - woman romance?
    If it was that apparent in the original, why the need to make it even more blatant in the new one?
    Your "catholic" is showing. - Sozo

  9. #82
    Veteran PyramidHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    316
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 33 Times in 21 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9806
    Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    If it was that apparent in the original, why the need to make it even more blatant in the new one?
    Maybe because gay people are apart of our society and enjoy representation in film and television?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to PyramidHead For Your Post:

    annabenedetti (March 6th, 2017)

  11. #83
    Over 4000 post club glassjester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,731
    Thanks
    585
    Thanked 1,284 Times in 1,010 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    277164
    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidHead View Post
    Maybe because gay people are apart of our society and enjoy representation in film and television?
    "apart of our society" - some would wish it so! What a difference the space bar makes.


    Open "marriages" are part of our society. Should we feature more of those in children's movies?
    Your "catholic" is showing. - Sozo

  12. #84
    Veteran PyramidHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    316
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 33 Times in 21 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9806
    Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    "apart of our society" - some would wish it so! What a difference the space bar makes.


    Open "marriages" are part of our society. Should we feature more of those in children's movies?
    Why would I care if they were? If a child is a child in an open marriage I'm sure they would love to see situations in films and television they can relate to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  13. #85
    Over 4000 post club glassjester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,731
    Thanks
    585
    Thanked 1,284 Times in 1,010 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    277164
    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidHead View Post
    Why would I care if they were? If a child is a child in an open marriage I'm sure they would love to see situations in films and television they can relate to.
    Then you approve of adultery? Fair enough - that was worth clarifying.

    How about children produced through incest? Should incestuous relationships be portrayed positively in children's movies?
    Your "catholic" is showing. - Sozo

  14. #86
    Veteran PyramidHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    316
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 33 Times in 21 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9806
    Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    Then you approve of adultery? Fair enough - that was worth clarifying.

    How about children produced through incest? Should incestuous relationships be portrayed positively in children's movies?
    Positively? No. In fact I think incest is abuse and pretty taboo in nature and don't see any place for it in a children's film, unless it's a film specifically designed to help children who suffered through incestuous relationships cope with their abuse.

    Adultery isn't really approved by me as a person who prefers monogamy. But there are people out there who are completely OK with it, and I'm not going to judge a group of polyamorous people in open marriages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  15. #87
    Over 4000 post club glassjester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,731
    Thanks
    585
    Thanked 1,284 Times in 1,010 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    277164
    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidHead View Post
    Positively? No. In fact I think incest is abuse and pretty taboo in nature and don't see any place for it in a children's film, unless it's a film specifically designed to help children who suffered through incestuous relationships cope with their abuse.

    Adultery isn't really approved by me as a person who prefers monogamy. But there are people out there who are completely OK with it, and I'm not going to judge a group of polyamorous people in open marriages.
    Alright, then why judge incestuous couples?
    Your "catholic" is showing. - Sozo

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to glassjester For Your Post:

    Angel4Truth (March 14th, 2017)

  17. #88
    Veteran PyramidHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    316
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 33 Times in 21 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9806
    Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    Alright, then why judge incestuous couples?
    Because someone is being taken advantage of. There is often rape involved, and the abuse of authority. Not comparable to two gay people or 4 polyamorous people in a consenting relationship, even if I can't be in the same relationships as them and I find it weird, their not really hurting anybody.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  18. #89
    Over 4000 post club glassjester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,731
    Thanks
    585
    Thanked 1,284 Times in 1,010 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    277164
    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidHead View Post
    Because someone is being taken advantage of. There is often rape involved, and the abuse of authority.
    Those abuses can occur in any type of sexual relationship.

    What makes incest, in and of itself, not worthy of positive portrayal in children's movies?
    Your "catholic" is showing. - Sozo

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to glassjester For Your Post:

    Angel4Truth (March 14th, 2017)

  20. #90
    Over 1500 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,933
    Thanks
    97
    Thanked 761 Times in 549 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    218168
    Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    "apart of our society" - some would wish it so! What a difference the space bar makes.


    Open "marriages" are part of our society. Should we feature more of those in children's movies?
    Geez, do i have to quote Nichelle Nichols again?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us