Over 2000 post club Eagles Wings's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,823 Times in 1,201 Posts

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I 'think' you are thinking of 'christian' education by indoctrination. Completely different animal.
    Lon, when you have a minute can you say what you mean here?

FYI - We home schooled for a couple of years, and I had to turn sentence diagramming over to my Mom because I could not for the life of me figure it out. Mom had a great time with it as her generation knew it well.
    Psalm 42:1-2 (KJV)

1 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

Over 2000 post club Eagles Wings's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,823 Times in 1,201 Posts

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've gotten so narrow in our scope for entertainment that if a movie from the library, Netflix, other rental, broadcast TV, etc., uses the Lord's name in vain, it is toast.

As a result, we don't attend movies in the theater, which is no great loss, and spend tons of time reading and listening to music. Oh, and bird watching which the grand kids love, too!
    Psalm 42:1-2 (KJV)

1 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eagles Wings For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (March 11th, 2017),ClimateSanity (March 5th, 2017),Sherman (March 5th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post

Practicing homosexual perversion is chosen, and is therefore sin. Hating homosexuals because they want other people's children is right and healthy.
    Wasn't it witches who would ride their brooms while swooping down and stealing all the cute little boys and girls?

I'm so glad our country has outgrown such nonsense.
    _/\_

Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

Thanks
    Thanked 3,382 Times in 2,030 Posts

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles Wings View Post
    Lon, when you have a minute can you say what you mean here?

FYI - We home schooled for a couple of years, and I had to turn sentence diagramming over to my Mom because I could not for the life of me figure it out. Mom had a great time with it as her generation knew it well.
    For the most part, homeschooling simply teaches kids 'without the crud of the world' involved. My kids went through school, but their high school was terrible. They heard the Lord's name taken in vain every day, heard secular messages against the cross, etc. Anna was talking about being legalistically indoctrinated and given values etc. She is against some of her parents and grandparents teaching so seems to cringe at the idea that someone can teach godliness without the kids being abused. She has been abused here on TOL, and feels abused by some of her indoctrination from her Roman Catholic upbringing as well. I think I see what she means. Christ cannot be shoved down a throat.

My kids have all told me I have to start a home-school with their kids when they have them. This should speak 1) of the way I do Christian education as opposed to say, how her parents and those she has seen might have done it. When your kids are informing you that 'yes, you will be my child's teacher,' I may not have done everything right, but it seems enough to cause this sentiment from all three of my grown kids.

So, even if I simply taught them the 3R's and other academic lessons, apart from the cursing and secularization that comes with a public classroom with no Christian input persay, they would still be incredibly better off. They will not have to wait for "no child left behind" and I have the credentials to do a decent job of ensuring they have the best education available (MA in teaching). -Lon
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lon For Your Post:

Eagles Wings (March 5th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,808 Times in 3,859 Posts

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lon, I know you mean well, but you seem to have added your own interpretation to things you've inferred from my comments here, and you're a bit off the mark. I don't want to go into it more than that, so I hope you'll understand when I ask you to just leave it alone. Thank you.
    So keep your candles burning
    "Nevertheless, she persisted."
    a.k.a. starchild, starburst, stardust, sweetpea, and dumber than dirt.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to annabenedetti For Your Post:

quip (March 5th, 2017)

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    feel free to show where racists refer to ethnicity as a choice to engage in sexual perversion
    I just did.

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    Please show us how skin color can be acted upon and chosen and also show us how having sex is involuntary. Ive asked you this many times, and no response and untill you can show these things, your comparison is invalid.
    Maybe if you actually read the posts you comment on....but I suppose that is a lot to ask.

Over 5000 post club ClimateSanity's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,397 Posts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles Wings View Post
    We've gotten so narrow in our scope for entertainment that if a movie from the library, Netflix, other rental, broadcast TV, etc., uses the Lord's name in vain, it is toast.

As a result, we don't attend movies in the theater, which is no great loss, and spend tons of time reading and listening to music. Oh, and bird watching which the grand kids love, too!
    Don't watch movies without knowing what you are seeing and what your purpose is. Never to just veg out.

Hollywood is out to indoctrinate you. Protect your mind.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ClimateSanity For Your Post:

Eagles Wings (March 5th, 2017)

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"There were parts of the South that wouldn’t show ‘Star Trek’ because there was an African American woman in a powerful position, and she wasn’t a maid or tap dancer.” Nichelle Nichols

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because the last dozen or so boycotts against Disney fundie fruit bags called for worked out so well.

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    Oh wow, you really are just bonkers aren't you?

Just figuring that out?

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    For the most part, homeschooling simply teaches kids 'without the crud of the world' involved. My kids went through school, but their high school was terrible. They heard the Lord's name taken in vain every day, heard secular messages against the cross, etc. Anna was talking about being legalistically indoctrinated and given values etc. She is against some of her parents and grandparents teaching so seems to cringe at the idea that someone can teach godliness without the kids being abused. She has been abused here on TOL, and feels abused by some of her indoctrination from her Roman Catholic upbringing as well. I think I see what she means. Christ cannot be shoved down a throat.

My kids have all told me I have to start a home-school with their kids when they have them. This should speak 1) of the way I do Christian education as opposed to say, how her parents and those she has seen might have done it. When your kids are informing you that 'yes, you will be my child's teacher,' I may not have done everything right, but it seems enough to cause this sentiment from all three of my grown kids.

So, even if I simply taught them the 3R's and other academic lessons, apart from the cursing and secularization that comes with a public classroom with no Christian input persay, they would still be incredibly better off. They will not have to wait for "no child left behind" and I have the credentials to do a decent job of ensuring they have the best education available (MA in teaching). -Lon
    Ever hear the term being sold a bill of goods?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ClimateSanity For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (March 14th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrDante View Post

"There were parts of the South that wouldn’t show ‘Star Trek’ because there was an African American woman in a powerful position, and she wasn’t a maid or tap dancer.” Nichelle Nichols
    What is the significance of your post?

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,346 Times in 3,267 Posts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    What is the significance of your post?
    black people are homos